Are providers influenced to change or not change rates because of perceived pressure from hobbyists?

Carl---

That may be true, but in this particular world, girls like us are thicker than the baseline preference of many gents. That's just the way it is. I do exceptionally well in small markets that don't have any major universities. In Austin, I struggle simply because the supply of young, thin co-eds is significantly higher.

Its all a matter of perspective.
  • BFE
  • 03-10-2011, 11:36 AM
Carl---

That may be true, but in this particular world, girls like us are thicker than the baseline preference of many gents. That's just the way it is. I do exceptionally well in small markets that don't have any major universities. In Austin, I struggle simply because the supply of young, thin co-eds is significantly higher.

Its all a matter of perspective. Originally Posted by DecemberLove
WOW.
DecemberLove, you know your market, clients, competition... nice!
Hi Guys and gals, I'm new here to the boards. Let me horn in on this. I have one client who I keep my rates especially low. The reason for this is because he has an odd fetish. He wants me to pretend I'm alseep, that I'm his sleeping beauty. I jsut lie there and he massages my feet, hands and body. Then he moves on to the deed. All while I'm "pretending" to be alseep. I do nothing. No foreplay. My eyes are closed. No talking....for this, I charge the low rate of $150 for the hour. My rates are higher for everyone else, but based on the services, or lack there of, he gets a discounted rate. I mean, I'm LITERALLY doing nothing. Originally Posted by incognito isis

Ive done this before, in real world. Kinky fun
WOW.
DecemberLove, you know your market, clients, competition... nice! Originally Posted by robglezsfo

Lol-- well, I AM in Med school, so you know I'm a nerd
It's Like we say back home:

" If You Don't Like My Peaches, Don't Shake My Tree" !

There is one thing I can not stand & that is someone who will "try" to shake me down on my rates! It is funny in a way, a man that will try to "dicker" over a piece of P---Y !!

My rates are of my choosing only !

Only in america!!
When people are shit-talking a provider behind her back, be it in the men's lounge, through back channel email groups, at socials, or in reviews, eventually some version of the shit-talking will trickle back to her. Usually not all the details. Maybe not even the correct information. But some version, like a game of telephone, will make its way to her ears.

Some girls have much thicker skin than others. But I talk to providers ALL the time and I often hear of girls getting their feelings hurt over things that were allegedly said or written by other hobbyists. I've also seen the same behavior from hobbyists who have come upon threads about them in the ladies area. In fact, two of the gents posting in this thread have expressed concern to me directly about things women were allegedly saying about them behind their back--things that could only know about due to some leak in the chain. (not accusing anyone of a violation. just saying they have ears and hear rumors like everyone else)

I don't think a ladies reaction to shit-talking has anything to do with her popularity, skills or beauty, but rather her own individual ability to tolerate negative comments.

I mean, Angelina Adams is indisputably considered one of the most beautiful in Texas and look what happened when she got wind of some negative comments: http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=156960

To answer Sixx's question... Yes. Some providers do avoid changing their rates to avoid criticism. If you lower your rates, the talk may become that you are desperate and nobody wants to see you. If you increase your rates, the talk might be that you are conceited, or not "worth" the increase for x,y,z reasons. I guess the wuss-level of providers varies. I myself am a big f'ing wuss but getting better. A couple of years ago the OP managed to make me cry based solely on words he posted in co-ed on the P. Thankfully I have toughened up a bit since then.

But something the gents might want to consider... some of the reasons you guys like women are that we are sensitive, delicate and emotional. Many of us can't deal with the conversational patterns that are more typical of male culture without becoming more like men. Just something to think about.
When people are shit-talking a provider behind her back, be it in the men's lounge, through back channel email groups, at socials, or in reviews, eventually some version of the shit-talking will trickle back to her. Usually not all the details. Maybe not even the correct information. But some version, like a game of telephone, will make its way to her ears.

Some girls have much thicker skin than others. But I talk to providers ALL the time and I often hear of girls getting their feelings hurt over things that were allegedly said or written by other hobbyists. I've also seen the same behavior from hobbyists who have come upon threads about them in the ladies area. In fact, two of the gents posting in this thread have expressed concern to me directly about things women were allegedly saying about them behind their back--things that could only know about due to some leak in the chain. (not accusing anyone of a violation. just saying they have ears and hear rumors like everyone else)

I don't think a ladies reaction to shit-talking has anything to do with her popularity, skills or beauty, but rather her own individual ability to tolerate negative comments.

I mean, Angelina Adams is indisputably considered one of the most beautiful in Texas and look what happened when she got wind of some negative comments: http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=156960

To answer Sixx's question... Yes. Some providers do avoid changing their rates to avoid criticism. If you lower your rates, the talk may become that you are desperate and nobody wants to see you. If you increase your rates, the talk might be that you are conceited, or not "worth" the increase for x,y,z reasons. I guess the wuss-level of providers varies. I myself am a big f'ing wuss but getting better. A couple of years ago the OP managed to make me cry based solely on words he posted in co-ed on the P. Thankfully I have toughened up a bit since then.

But something the gents might want to consider... some of the reasons you guys like women are that we are sensitive, delicate and emotional. Many of us can't deal with the conversational patterns that are more typical of male culture without becoming more like men. Just something to think about. Originally Posted by Sensual Sophia
Grow thicker skin. Your comments go both ways. You are on a board that caters to the ones who make this biz go round, the men. As long as you have horny guys willing to spend the cash it takes for a woman to consider being a provider, you will have providers that will provide the service the consumers want..... sex.

Once again a woman is not addressing the FACT the information that offends her is information that SHOULD NOT be read. If you choose to read it NO MATTER how that was accomplished, you should NOT COMPLAIN. Why is that so hard to understand?

sixx
Cave men had it made they just hit them over the head and drug them back to the cave!

I would never do that though! I hate violence.
Grow thicker skin. Your comments go both ways. You are on a board that caters to the ones who make this biz go round, the men. As long as you have horny guys willing to spend the cash it takes for a woman to consider being a provider, you will have providers that will provide the service the consumers want..... sex.

Once again a woman is not addressing the FACT the information that offends her is information that SHOULD NOT be read. If you choose to read it NO MATTER how that was accomplished, you should NOT COMPLAIN. Why is that so hard to understand?

sixx Originally Posted by sixxbach
Not sure why you are so angry at me. The comments you just made make me think you didn't even read my post -- or you were interpreting it through some sort of ANGER lens that made it hard for you to actually comprehend what I was saying. You might want to try reading again with an open mind.

But to address your latest rant, for your information, I don't read the men's lounge--I like this place too much to risk a banning. And I will do my best not to care what may or may not be being said about me in it. The ad you are referring to is mine. It never said anything about me reading the locker room. It said something about me FEARING the locker room. Maybe none of the girls are brave enough to say it here, but many women DO fear the men's lounge or negative shit-talking about them in general. As do many men. I have already stated that two male posters in this thread have discussed their concerns over things with me via PM about what they heard was being said behind their back. Women are no different. Back in the ASPD days I heard more than one provider wonder if something bad about her was being said in the Locker Room when her business was slow. We are not naive. We know that when men get together, be it in the real world or the virtual world, they talk in a much rougher and critical way than then they do when ladies are present.

A provider would be reasonable to fear negative press regardless if she ever had any access to it. Yelp reviews are public and while scary to the business owner, it doesn't even begin to compare with having reviews about you that you can't even read. I think Whispers' post was spot on in this regard. And by the way, I don't know any new restaurant owners or chefs who don't take their reviews personally. Same with actors, authors and musicians. Most people have to be in their business for a while and receive a lot of positive attention before they build up the ability to handle the occasionally harsh negative reviews, be it for their latest album, their carpentry work, or anything. Being afraid of negative press is human. Some humans are better at dealing with it than others. All of us could use improvement. I am working on it.

You can command me to "grow thicker skin" but people don't work that way. You can't order someone to be less sensitive. Considering your line of work, I would think you would know that. I do the best I can with the skin I have. And if you took the time to actually read my ad you would see that the whole point of it is that I HAVE grown thicker skin. I have decided that at this point in my life, I woul rather have a bunch of jerks talking smack about me than have to deal with the the amount of appointment requests I am receiving.

If you want to accuse me of having access to areas I shouldn't, please go talk to a mod and present the evidence. That's not what my post was about. I would also like to know why you've taken to attacking me again in co-ed. I haven't seen this since the good old days of ASPD, but fortunately, I have grown "thicker skin" and it doesn't hurt me like it used to. If you want to have a margarita and hash this out, send me a PM.
Cave men had it made they just hit them over the head and drug them back to the cave!

I would never do that though! I hate violence. Originally Posted by Wyldeman30
Seems like a poor evolutionary strategy. The offspring would be much less likely to survive and reproduce if they had to be raised by a brain-injured mother.
You make a good point being raised by a brain injured mother. You have to pass a test to get a drivers license but any one can have a kid.

Back on subject price increases I would say not a good time today. Gas prices on the rise customers will need cash to get to the merchandise... Unlike the Government your customer has to balance his accounts....Market and economy should be the greatest influence along with supply and demand.
Not sure why you are so angry at me. The comments you just made make me think you didn't even read my post -- or you were interpreting it through some sort of ANGER lens that made it hard for you to actually comprehend what I was saying. You might want to try reading again with an open mind.

But to address your latest rant, for your information, I don't read the men's lounge--I like this place too much to risk a banning. And I will do my best not to care what may or may not be being said about me in it. The ad you are referring to is mine. It never said anything about me reading the locker room. It said something about me FEARING the locker room. Maybe none of the girls are brave enough to say it here, but many women DO fear the men's lounge or negative shit-talking about them in general. As do many men. I have already stated that two male posters in this thread have discussed their concerns over things with me via PM about what they heard was being said behind their back. Women are no different. Back in the ASPD days I heard more than one provider wonder if something bad about her was being said in the Locker Room when her business was slow. We are not naive. We know that when men get together, be it in the real world or the virtual world, they talk in a much rougher and critical way than then they do when ladies are present.

A provider would be reasonable to fear negative press regardless if she ever had any access to it. Yelp reviews are public and while scary to the business owner, it doesn't even begin to compare with having reviews about you that you can't even read. I think Whispers' post was spot on in this regard. And by the way, I don't know any new restaurant owners or chefs who don't take their reviews personally. Same with actors, authors and musicians. Most people have to be in their business for a while and receive a lot of positive attention before they build up the ability to handle the occasionally harsh negative reviews, be it for their latest album, their carpentry work, or anything. Being afraid of negative press is human. Some humans are better at dealing with it than others. All of us could use improvement. I am working on it.

You can command me to "grow thicker skin" but people don't work that way. You can't order someone to be less sensitive. Considering your line of work, I would think you would know that. I do the best I can with the skin I have. And if you took the time to actually read my ad you would see that the whole point of it is that I HAVE grown thicker skin. I have decided that at this point in my life, I woul rather have a bunch of jerks talking smack about me than have to deal with the the amount of appointment requests I am receiving.

If you want to accuse me of having access to areas I shouldn't, please go talk to a mod and present the evidence. That's not what my post was about. I would also like to know why you've taken to attacking me again in co-ed. I haven't seen this since the good old days of ASPD, but fortunately, I have grown "thicker skin" and it doesn't hurt me like it used to. If you want to have a margarita and hash this out, send me a PM. Originally Posted by Sensual Sophia
You are vocal on the provider side just like I am on the hobby side. Whenever one of us speak out, it can be expected that there might be some kind of reaction. I am man enough to admit that I should have come to you via PM with my concerns with any recent posts of yours. Please accept my apologies. I sent you a PM and would like to discuss with you in private... drinks on me of course............

sixx
You are vocal on the provider side just like I am on the hobby side. Whenever one of us speak out, it can be expected that there might be some kind of reaction. I am man enough to admit that I should have come to you via PM with my concerns with any recent posts of yours. Please accept my apologies. I sent you a PM and would like to discuss with you in private... drinks on me of course............

sixx Originally Posted by sixxbach
Cool. Just to be clear, I have no problem with you addressing me publicly about anything whatsoever on this board. Don't feel that you have to PM me every time you want to disagree with me rather than state it outright. I'm sensitive--but not THAT sensitive. It's just that the tone I read (and maybe I was reading something that wasn't there) seemed like you were really pissed off at me, beyond what was warranted by anything I wrote. Again, could be wrong about that--that's just how I read it. No harm no foul.

Also, I don't like to think of myself as having a "side". Just tell it like I see it.
Also, I don't like to think of myself having a "side". Just tell it like I see it. Originally Posted by Sensual Sophia
Pearls of wisdom! Pity so many others can't think that way.

You're as bright as you are beautiful. Can I be on YOUR side?
Lol-- well, I AM in Med school, so you know I'm a nerd Originally Posted by DecemberLove
A bright, intelligence AND beautiful woman who also is in touch with her sexuality to be in this business.

You're making me hard december....