Dakota Rayne Prescott

Today, Oct 11: the NFL upheld the 10-game suspension of Philadelphia Eagles OT, Lane Johnson (PED's I believe). He cannot have contact nor rejoin the team until late Dec, game 15 (vs the Giants).

Keep an eye on this situation. Johnson (26) has been playing extremely well these first 4 games on the right side of the Eagle O-line and is heir apparent (to take over the LT spot occupied by the 34 year old Jason Peters, who has been been struggling this season).

A 5th round rookie O-lineman is next man up to take Johnson's place (can't recall his name).

This little blip may not mean anything (BUT) watch & see if the protection for rookie QB, Carson Wentz, doesn't start to crack a little and affect his (and the team's) production.

In Dallas, we know all too well what a solid offensive line can mean to a a QB's / RB's success / failure rate, right....
I don't think even Jerry can screw this one up. Originally Posted by atf searcher

Oh ye of little faith ...
Dak had 4 career touchdowns coming into today's game.

He's had three so far today.
Elliot has just gotten his fourth consecutive game with 130 or more rushing yards. That's never been done before by anyone in the history of the NFL.
Elliot might not just be the rookie of the year, he might end up being the MVP of the league.

Prescott is the starter, he's the Cowboys future and their present. The Cowboys have the most overprice back QB in the NFL.

Maybe the Cowboys can trade Romo. If he's worth his huge bloated salary like some people keep saying, then there should be many teams willing to pay it to him, RIGHT?
Elliot has just gotten his fourth consecutive game with 130 or more rushing yards. That's never been done before by anyone in the history of the NFL. Originally Posted by atf searcher
He's not the first ever, just the first rookie.

Earl Cambell had 4 straight over 150 yards, and Barry Sanders had 5 straight over 130 yards. And there are probably a few more than just these guys. But I would say he is in with great company. But those other guys didn't have near the O-line blocking for them either. Hell if Barry Sanders had Zekes line, he would still be running.

Elliot has just gotten his fourth consecutive game with 130 or more rushing yards. That's never been done before by anyone in the history of the NFL.
Elliot might not just be the rookie of the year, he might end up being the MVP of the league.

Prescott is the starter, he's the Cowboys future and their present. The Cowboys have the most overprice back QB in the NFL.

Maybe the Cowboys can trade Romo. If he's worth his huge bloated salary like some people keep saying, then there should be many teams willing to pay it to him, RIGHT? Originally Posted by atf searcher
You know Daniel Snyder will give up a 1st rounder
I'm going to be very disappointed if he puts Tony right back in. Tony needs to retire and be a hero in Dallas for the rest of his life. Use that money to build the Dline and a get a good WR2.
People, (news media) keep saying an injured player shouldn't lose his job. There should be exceptions to this and this is a huge exception. I've seen a number of plays Dak executed where Romo would not have. Mostly scrambling. It's great to see Dak get out of these situations whereas Tony looks for a soft place to land.

Sorry, but Tony's 15 minutes are up as a starter. Backup, yes.
He's not the first ever, just the first rookie.

Earl Cambell had 4 straight over 150 yards, and Barry Sanders had 5 straight over 130 yards. And there are probably a few more than just these guys. But I would say he is in with great company. But those other guys didn't have near the O-line blocking for them either. Hell if Barry Sanders had Zekes line, he would still be running.

. Originally Posted by threepeckeredbillygoat
Give it 4 to 5 years and see if Zeke holds up and then we can start making comparisons. O line and a QB that can throw and scramble helps.
People, (news media) keep saying an injured player shouldn't lose his job. There should be exceptions to this and this is a huge exception. I've seen a number of plays Dak executed where Romo would not have. Mostly scrambling. It's great to see Dak get out of these situations whereas Tony looks for a soft place to land.

Sorry, but Tony's 15 minutes are up as a starter. Backup, yes. Originally Posted by Prolongus
yes.. I can't understand why anyone would recommend starting Romo again.. for what? to justify his salary in some way?

put him on the trade block, and hope someone bites, otherwise, he is an able backup.. repeat, backup.
Romo should be traded, but whos desperate enough to take a chance on his fragile ass? Denver might be.....if he gets hurt again he might not walk again....I wouldn't start him......
Romo should be traded........ Originally Posted by Tony Gambino
Tony, not singularly picking on your comment, sir (however) I'm using it for the time being to make a few points:

As noted, more than a few people (some here on this thread...RW fans & haters of the Cowboys alike...local & national media types....and perhaps God Almighty, Himself, for that matter) have proclaimed (now that Dak has all of six NFL games under his belt) that Tony Romo has to go....that he should either retire or be traded.

The question I have to ask is: Why? What's the deal....is there some urgent reason either of those things have to happen?

Currently (and for the remainder of the 2016 NFL campaign) having Tony Romo, active, dressed and on the bench, is a luxury the Dallas Cowboys should embrace (anyone recall the QB debacle Dallas experienced last year?) For the time being, there's absolutely no reason to do anything other than keep this train on its tracks, full steam ahead. It's a small body of work (but) things look promising for now.

Make no mistake, Dak Prescott looks like the real deal. Cool, calm and collected, he's better than anyone could have expected and is improving with each game he plays. As is that SuperFreak, Mister Zeke (boy, isn't he special, huh?) Oh, btw...anyone saying today that the Dallas Cowboys still should have helped their defense and drafted Safety Jalen Ramsey with that first round pick instead?

Yeah....I didn't think so....

That said, there's absolutely no need to do a damned thing right now (ie: whether it's to justify Romo's huge salary...appease his ego...or even to preserve his legacy within Cowboy history...etc, etc.) Oh, that one made me laugh when I heard it brought up by one of the talking heads......Legacy? What legacy is that???

If anyone thinks Dak is looking over his shoulder (fretting over if and when Tony takes the reins once again....lol.) Seriously? Look, the kid is playing terrific football and having the time of his life right now. He gets to hand the ball off to a running back who might possibly be the best in the league today (btw, not dissing David Johnson or Le'Veon Bell)......and both get to play behind a bulldozing O-line that might possibly have two future HOFers on it.

Life is really, really good right now.

So, as far as Tony Romo goes....trading him away (this season or come the end of this year's schedule)....would take quite a bit of jiggering on the tradee's part (huge hit on their salary cap.....many players would have to be cut to make it happen). I'm sure it's possible (hey, the Rams and the Iggles worked it out with Sam Bradford's contract, right?)

What the Jones Family has to ask themselves is What do you gain by trading Romo away? A late first round pick? Two early-to-mid second round picks? Okay, so should you decide to do that, what do you do going forward for a back up QB? Mark Sanchez? Kellen Moore? Jamiel Showers? Wha....???

None of those names spark any confidence whatsoever as a solid back up IMO (when Dak is officially named the starting QB). I say keep the aging Tony Romo...renegotiate his contract...and have the best One-Two punch at that position in the league for the next 2-3 years.
I say keep the aging Tony Romo...renegotiate his contract...and have the best One-Two punch at that position in the league for the next 2-3 years. Originally Posted by Chateau Becot
well yeah, if it's this easy I agree with you.. but the assumptions we are all making, is based on that idea being very difficult.

I would love if Romo admitted he's an aging, fragile, overpaid shell of his former self.. and agree to a 3-fold salary cut. he would be a formidable second-stringer should Dak stumble.
And so it begins. Dak is announced to start over Tony vs. Believeland.