Please Explain Warnings and Points

It is my understanding that you cannot change it to "BANNED" under your handle. You can put "account disabled" etc, but not banned. Originally Posted by Camille Fox
I think you are wrong ...
I just did it:

Whew ... that was a quick Ban ...

To make it more believable you also have to play with your private parts .... errr.... I mean Private Settings and Messaging Options
^^ Correction, you can, but it won't stand, mods will fix it. I would like to hear from one of them.
^^ Correction, you can, but it won't stand, mods will fix it. I would like to hear from one of them. Originally Posted by Camille Fox
MODs potentially COULD fix it (I am more sure that ADMINs could than Mods), but why would they ???
You guys carry on, I was wrong. Let me go back to my corner while you guys celebrate. You know, he could just be trying to make a point here...

This is what you guys look like this morning:

• ztonk
  • 06-19-2015, 10:15 AM
Can someone please explain how Warnings, Receiving Points, and Suspensions / Being Banned from ECCIE work please? Originally Posted by PlainVanillaATX
Since no one answered the OP's original question...

When a member runs afoul of the Forum Guidelines, we generally start with a PM reminding them of the rules and asking them to behave. That works the majority of the time, since you guys and gals understand the rules for the most part and that your moderators are just volunteers.

If you persist, or if the rule breaking was clearly intentional, we'll either give you a warning or an infraction (also known as points). Only you and the staff know if you've gotten those, and they show up in your Infractions tab and on the posts that got you into trouble.

Different rule violations earn you different infraction points and if you accumulate enough points before they expire, the system automatically bans you for 90 days. The moderators and staff also have the ability to ban you outright for various things, such as sharing your account, sharing premium content, or posting real world information about another member here.

We don't discuss what disciplinary actions we take nor do we tell you Point values or thresholds since they just encourage the chronic rule breakers to try to game the system.

You can tell if a user is truly banned by trying to send them a PM.

ztonk
Since no one answered the OP's original question...

When a member runs afoul of the Forum Guidelines, we generally start with a PM reminding them of the rules and asking them to behave. That works the majority of the time, since you guys and gals understand the rules for the most part and that your moderators are just volunteers.

If you persist, or if the rule breaking was clearly intentional, we'll either give you a warning or an infraction (also known as points). Only you and the staff know if you've gotten those, and they show up in your Infractions tab and on the posts that got you into trouble.

Different rule violations earn you different infraction points and if you accumulate enough points before they expire, the system automatically bans you for 90 days. The moderators and staff also have the ability to ban you outright for various things, such as sharing your account, sharing premium content, or posting real world information about another member here.

We don't discuss what disciplinary actions we take nor do we tell you Point values or thresholds since they just encourage the chronic rule breakers to try to game the system.

You can tell if a user is truly banned by trying to send them a PM.

ztonk Originally Posted by ztonk
Ztonk,

Thank you! Appreciate it. I'll behave!
... You can tell if a user is truly banned by trying to send them a PM ... Originally Posted by ztonk
Is it true that this method can be simulated by adjusting the privacy settings to not allow PM's?

I looked on the Search Members list — neither of the recently BANNED members handles showed.
Is it true that this method can be simulated by adjusting the privacy settings to not allow PM's? Originally Posted by JohnnyYanks
Unless I completely missed something ... YES you can
  • ztonk
  • 06-19-2015, 02:00 PM
I looked on the Search Members list — neither of the recently BANNED members handles showed. Originally Posted by JohnnyYanks
That's probably a much better indicator...

ztonk
I looked on the Search Members list — neither of the recently BANNED members handles showed. Originally Posted by JohnnyYanks
That's probably a much better indicator...

ztonk Originally Posted by ztonk
Learned something....
http://www.eccie.net/memberlist.php

THX !!!

... and indeed .... BANNED .... interesting
Educational thread..thanks.
What does the color dot next to the flag a post button mean? Ive seen red, green, blue, steel?
What does the color dot next to the flag a post button mean? Ive seen red, green, blue, steel? Originally Posted by WayneBo
Green means the person is currently on-line

Red means you are currently in "Invisible Mode" which allows you to browse the forums without appearing in the 'Currently Active Users' lists. This Red is only seen by you

Steel/Plain means the person is not on-line, or they could be in "Invisible Mode" which means others cannot tell when they are on-line.

Blue--beats me. Little help here...
Blue means hobbyist hasn't been laid for a while! Blue ball becone. Let's providers know your desperate.
I thought that was the system telling you to take the Blue Pill as you cannot keep UP....

OR are not equipped for the Red Pill ...