8 Dead in Plano Shootings

Why am I surprised anymore... Not by the tragedy, but by how fucking sideways y'all always manage to take shit. *Sigh*

9 people have lost their lives. Over gawd knows what in a relationship.

Originally Posted by ~Ze~
The race of the shooter was brought up. I dont think it sent it sideways.It brings up a conversation people seem to bring up. Especially in light of sterotypes attached to people

The Hobby itself is full of them. Some people call the ladies whores, sluts, etc. I personally call the ladies who work in this business Providers. To me it matters

Btw- Ill be getting with you on your cart idea
I've driven by the house a dozen times + since the shootings (my office is not far from where the shootings took place)....as of this morning the home (and 3-4 others on either side ) is still "taped off" as a crime scene......with several squad cars & a couple of police motorhomes parked in front (ie: labs on wheels for criminal forensics, etc).

So sad. I've been a taxpayer in this neighborhood for decades....very quiet and a just a great place to live, raise your kids, go to school, work, etc...you never dream something like this would happen in your community until it does. smh.....
  • ~Ze~
  • 09-13-2017, 01:17 PM
When I read the articles about this I don't read race at all. The keywords that stick out to me are -husband-divorce-argument-. (Which think is exactly Nubians point-see below)

You can't minority report mental health issues. When a person snaps, especially when alcohol or drugs is involved, it doesn't matter if you are black, white, purple, rich, poor, in good health or infirm.

We as a society need to stop making mental health a taboo subject. Put emphasis on building healthy relationships, and teaching people to communicate.

Two of my friends, from different circles, both lost separate friends in this tragedy. Not only did the 9 involved die, but the survivor, and hundreds others are effected. Who also need mental health support.

I believe Nubians point was that when it is white violence, we often as a culture don't see race, but if this was like the bbq shooting, we would. I think he is right and wrong. Mostly because he is injecting what he thinks others see. I don't see race in ANY articles I read as an important factor. I do however often see social economic class, education, and geography as important factors.
Nothing really.. but we do talk a lot about guns in Texas.
License to carry, open carry etc..but then u hear a sad story like this one where a single perp was able to shoot 9 people without anyone firing back.

And oh if the perp was a person of color, we all know this thread would have have been 10 pages long right about now Originally Posted by NubianPrince
The crimes of passion, serial killers and crazy shit are typically white guys. Murdered for the $150 in the register or for their expensive shoes, not so much.