Need men to decipher this message

This is so true. You tell someone to go to hell and get a thank you if you say it right.
If she quoted the message verbatim, I can see how she would consider it insulting. OBSG and addict restated the same message, but in a more elegant fashion. Sometimes the insult is not what you say, but how you say it. Originally Posted by TinMan
This is so true. You tell someone to go to hell and get a thank you if you say it right. Originally Posted by OldButStillGoing
Hahaha!!! Yes, that is a talent/quality that we all need to possess. :-) That's basically how I respond to these e-mails.
Nope, I'm not offended....or feel insulted....a little annoyed, that's all and it's no big deal. :-)
Insulting intelligence with that email would offend me. I would find it offensive if someone tried to manipulate me that obviously and thought I was too stupid to recognize it. "That's for the compliment!" is the perfect reply.

But, I can see why he did it. Asking for a price drop by speaking plain is bad form.
lol wait till one calls chats for a while and then says he just wanted to get to know me because he couldn't afford to meet me.
Insulting intelligence with that email would offend me. I would find it offensive if someone tried to manipulate me that obviously and thought I was too stupid to recognize it. "That's for the compliment!" is the perfect reply.

But, I can see why he did it. Asking for a price drop by speaking plain is bad form. Originally Posted by Roger.Smith
Good point of view, Roger!
If men were put in our shoes, they wouldn't be happy receiving e-mails like that.
ALSO....
If I were in the men's shoes, I probably would try to negotiate too! Hehehe!! I'm so thrifty!! LOL

I wrote the original message to get some opinion/confirmation that the message was really what I thought. I was not venting or complaining about being insulted/annoyed.

Thanks everyone!
Samantha,

First off, you are hot. Very Hot. Probably one of two Asian ladies I have ever eyed. (Without a hijack, the other one has some skills with NURU.)

He complimented you. That was nice. He at least tried to politely tell you he couldn't afford you. Yes, it was a pretty blatant attempt at negotiating, but he did try to do it politely. Thank him for that.

Let me put it another way. Let's say you blast this guy with a "go screw yourself!" reply. Now you have pissed him off. Now he knows that ladies in your price range are no different than the ladies on the street, are just as crass and in his eyes, definitely not worth the extra dough. Now, when a buddy is asking for a really hot Asian gal with a great figure and great attitude, will your name ever cross his keyboard? Hell no!

On the other hand, if you politely just reply with a thanks. Then what happens? Some guys asks the same question, and he replies, well, I have never seen her, but Samantha's pics are sure hot (yes, he's jacked off to them in his dreams, ya da ya da) and she is very polite and articulate.

Let me put it another way. And I will pick on Jules this time.

Jules, in my eyes, I would not pay the price to see you. Sorry, but you just don't do it for me, primarily the tattoos. Now, at the same time, I have recommended you to guys looking for a little ink. I think if a guy like gals with ink and really nice boobs, you probably fit the bill quite nicely. You have also lost some weight and look even hotter than before. I also find you fairly articulate, maybe a bit opinionated at times, but articulate. Be rude to me, and while I would probably not go out of my way to damage your reputation, I sure ain't gonna recommend you.

True, I am not going to send you a note saying hey, you are hot, but you ain't worth the price you ask. It is your body, your decisions, your marketing plan, etc.

Kill them with kindness, turn your detractors into your supporters.

FYI, there is more than one lady here who has responded rudely to me or ignored my request, throw in a couple of NCNS or last minute cancellations so she could see a different hobbyist, and well, they don't find their names on my recommendations. Do they care? Probably not, but it makes me feel better.
And Sam? You rate is too low!! But don't change it till I have a chancve to see you!

Strippers? Hell yes. But that is a different industry and its far more expected there.

Now, insulting would be "Hay bitch. No way your pussy is worth 400. I got 150. Want to fuck? Originally Posted by OldButStillGoing
Your post is really good!! I like it! Wouldn't you feel honored if I charge you a higher rate...just for you? I happen to be scared of old old ancient men that are still going and going. LOLOLOLOL!!!
I would not feel offended Samantha or any of the other providers..this is not exactly like shopping at Barneys or Neimans (this is a hooker board-not exactly some palace of glamorous retail)- even there I have heard people ask for discounts. Doesn't matter how hot or ugly you are.
SOME people just believe you don't ask- you don't get..and most men that do this don't feel any shame..

Personally unless the girl approaches me on the first time with a discount I don't ask..ever. either I pay or move on.. Now if SHE wants to bring up multiple hours or some sort of a program I would listen and would not be embarrased to tell her what I had in mind. Recently out of the blue a very well known provider offerred me a half off session- she had a bad review (possibly bogus) and wanted to build back her business. I declined.
I told her not to be insulted I just had a regular thing going with someone and preferred to continue to see her and support her as she keeps me happy.
Short and long of it don't get too emotionally charged by anything that happens on Eccie.
You know you are worth whatever price you set...
[QUOTE=tigercat;1052556990]Samantha,

First off, you are hot. Very Hot. Probably one of two Asian ladies I have ever eyed. (Without a hijack, the other one has some skills with NURU.)

He complimented you. That was nice. He at least tried to politely tell you he couldn't afford you. Yes, it was a pretty blatant attempt at negotiating, but he did try to do it politely. Thank him for that.

Let me put it another way. Let's say you blast this guy with a "go screw yourself!" reply. Now you have pissed him off. Now he knows that ladies in your price range are no different than the ladies on the street, are just as crass and in his eyes, definitely not worth the extra dough. Now, when a buddy is asking for a really hot Asian gal with a great figure and great attitude, will your name ever cross his keyboard? Hell no!

/QUOTE]

Yep yep...I know all this, tigercat. Thank you for your input. :-)
I think it is just a crude way of looking for a discount. I find it more honest to ask if there are any specials. Make sure you put it in your ad that your prices are "firm" or non negotiatable, that should cut down on most of it.
Ya'll are way overthing this thing. The guy was trolling for an unadvertised special. That's it. The fact that he used kid speak, put too many t's on hot, all that, says "Immature". Which is not about age, but behavior.

Why should any lady get offended? He said you were hottt and he was broke. Take the first bit as a compliment and the second bit as immature. Be flattered, at least he didn't say something truly derogatory like "You're hottt for being so old, I'd do ya for a buck and a half".

What should he have said? "I just wanna let you know yer hotttt and I'd like to know if you ever run specials."? Is that offensive? If it is, there's no other way out for the guy. Would an excuse work, like "I'm in med school and my books cost a fortune and my pizza delivery tips are weak, but I'm saving up to bone your hotttt ass, please email me if you ever run a special or if you turn 40 before I get the $$$."

Positive input is always a good thing, even if it may be waste of time to read those emails.
Lol.

Samantha, I get messages like that all the time. Guys really always look for a bang for their buck.

Here is the best question to date,

"I just want an hour session of DATY, can I get a $100 discount?" LOL
Why? We preach all of the time about this being a business transaction, not a dating website. So why is it insulting for a guy to politely inquire if you would consider his budget? Originally Posted by addict
Yeah, we do preach this all the time; but it shouldn't take any customer very long to figure out that the basic technique for shaking the money out of his pockets is to jump him back and forth across that line between the personal and the professional. Realtors do it, so do car salesmen; strippers are probably the paradigmatic example: "A date? Are you kidding? This is only a fantasy." And five minutes later: "I'm really hurt now, Dave. I thought you were my friend." The basic reason I consider hookers to be the ethically superior class of sex worker is that they seem to keep their story a little straighter in this regard--not being quite so abrasive about having their cake and eating it too.

I don't know at exactly what price-point a customer's refusal to pay justifies the lady's labeling him a "cheapskate," but I'd set it at considerably less than Samantha's rate. (Then again, I've never met her....)
The economy is in bad shape and ladies in the $300+ range are beyond what many hobbyists can afford right now that hobby on a regular basis.
I get this kind of e-mail often...I'm sure other girls do, too.

"Hi Samantha...damn, you are really hottt! I love your pictures and you have an amazing body and great reviews. Too bad your donation is out of my price range. Anyway, I just wanted to say hello."

When I read this, I read...."Hi Samantha...you're really hot and I really really want to see you but I'm a cheapskate. Do you happen to be in desperate financial situations right now and willing to negotiate?"

I usually don't respond or just simply say "Thanks for the compliment!" Please correct me if I'm wrong....or maybe these guys just genuinely want to say hello. Or maybe they're just looking to waste time by having a penpal or what? Originally Posted by samantha thom
They are fishing for a discount... just say thanks for the compliment. Try saving up and seeing me.