Black Woman's Immortal Cells Stolen and Billion Dollar Medical Industries Created

...and don't forget to tip your waitret. Generously.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joWa06_K_sI
disclaimer: this is not about race. Originally Posted by Sistine Chapel
If it looks like dogshit, smells like dogshit, feels like dogshit and tastes like dogshit, then don't step in it.

...[clipped]...
Does make you wonder ....
[clipped]... Originally Posted by Sistine Chapel
^^ Nope...sure doesn't.

Since you brought up medical science, these two articles are good reading. Does it make you wonder "who" is really to blame?

https://africanspress.org/2016/09/27...-white-people/

FROM WIKIPEDIA: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yakub_(Nation_of_Islam)
Yakub (sometimes spelled Yacub or Yaqub) is, according to the Nation of Islam (NOI), a black scientist who lived "6,600 years ago" and was responsible for creating the white race to be a "race of devils". He is said to have done this through a form of selective breeding referred to as "grafting", while living on the island of Patmos. <--

IN a nutshell, who the fuck cares? Maybe Trump can fix it for you.

Carry on.....

p.s. If it's on the Internet that Al Gore created, then it's legit.
  • DSK
  • 12-04-2016, 07:44 AM
disclaimer: this is not about race. This ain't black history month but fuck it just trying to right a wrong through education. It's from the Smithsonian so yeah it's legit!!!

Does make you wonder how much of this shit went on and how many contributions of black folk was really hidden by whites and / or given to other whites to take the credit for over the centuries. Some sad shit to be honest. So in a nutshell they stole this black woman's cells hid it from the public for decades, created a vaccine for Polio with them but wouldn't tell white people it came from a black person because they feared those white people would have chosen to die rather than accept the black contributed vaccine. Mapping of the human genome, in-vitro fertilization, whole multi-billion dollar medical industries were created off the back of this black womans cells and her family got ZERO compensation. I wonder how many successful doctors in the majority are practicing today because of the industries her cells paved. Man I tell ya; God's day of recompense can't come fast enough for these religious devils.

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/scienc...cells-6421299/ Originally Posted by Sistine Chapel
Law and Order made an episode loosely based upon these facts. I thought at the time that the lady's contributions were very minor, and you could certainly consider that she would have gladly taken free medical care and $100 bucks at the time, no one knew anything else about what might come later.

In the same situation, if I were dying, I think the knowledge that mankind would later benefit would be just recompense.
its sad to be old as you are Originally Posted by Sistine Chapel
Well just how old is I?

still show you stand for absolutely nothing. Originally Posted by Sistine Chapel
I stand for a lot of shit. What do you stand for?.....Entitlements?

you are one confused puppy. Originally Posted by Sistine Chapel
Do you have a mirror? You need to look in it.

You're still off topic in your own thread. You've resorted to insults. Your debate skills are surely lacking.
In the same situation, if I were dying, I think the knowledge that mankind would later benefit would be just recompense. Originally Posted by DSK

but why help mankind out in death when mankind won't help you out in life? See how that works?
Well just how old is I?

I stand for a lot of shit. What do you stand for?.....Entitlements?

Do you have a mirror? You need to look in it.

You're still off topic in your own thread. You've resorted to insults. Your debate skills are surely lacking. Originally Posted by oilfieldscum
tee hee. I will let you feel you're accomplishing something.

Carry on.
  • DSK
  • 12-04-2016, 01:04 PM
but why help mankind out in death when mankind won't help you out in life? See how that works? Originally Posted by Sistine Chapel
Yes, but she could have been the bigger person, and at least changed one person's mind about the [prohibited word]'s love of grievance and something for nothing.

I say nothing because in essence medical tissue at the time was considered abandoned property, with no right to title or royalties.
If it looks like dogshit, smells like dogshit, feels like dogshit and tastes like dogshit, then don't step in it.

^^ Nope...sure doesn't.

Since you brought up medical science, these two articles are good reading. Does it make you wonder "who" is really to blame?

https://africanspress.org/2016/09/27...-white-people/

FROM WIKIPEDIA: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yakub_(Nation_of_Islam)
Yakub (sometimes spelled Yacub or Yaqub) is, according to the Nation of Islam (NOI), a black scientist who lived "6,600 years ago" and was responsible for creating the white race to be a "race of devils". He is said to have done this through a form of selective breeding referred to as "grafting", while living on the island of Patmos. <--

IN a nutshell, who the fuck cares? Maybe Trump can fix it for you.

Carry on.....

p.s. If it's on the Internet that Al Gore created, then it's legit. Originally Posted by TryWeakly

So, SC.... Does it make you wonder "who" is really to blame? Let's hear your oh-so-insightful thoughts on Yakub and how it can relate to your original question. (Once you finish your lucky-charms, that is. I completely understand that )
Yes, but she could have been the bigger person, and at least changed one person's mind about the [prohibited word]'s love of grievance and something for nothing.

I say nothing because in essence medical tissue at the time was considered abandoned property, with no right to title or royalties. Originally Posted by DSK
haha ok. So they cut her while she's still alive, take some tissue, and it's abandoned property? Just like all Negroes were abandoned propoerty? At some point in your life you should have transitioned from learning to read to reading to learn. I see you're still struggling with it. lol

Key is they stole this black woman's personal property rights and hid it from the world because of the advances to humanity they generated from it. They hid it because they didn't want people to know mapping the human genome and all the other medical and scientific advances came from a black person's contribution. Without that tissue sample where would we be? ;-)
haha ok. So they cut her while she's still alive, take some tissue, and it's abandoned property? Just like all Negroes were abandoned propoerty? At some point in your life you should have transitioned from learning to read to reading to learn. I see you're still struggling with it. lol

Key is they stole this black woman's personal property rights and hid it from the world because of the advances to humanity they generated from it. Originally Posted by Sistine Chapel
Two things:

1) Me thincks you don't really know what personal property is.

2) Before you go spouting off you might want to do a little research. If you look at the landmark supreme court decision in Moore v. Regents of the University of California you will see that the court ruled that a hospital patient's discarded blood and tissue samples are not his personal property and that individuals do not have rights to a share in the profits earned from commercial products or research derived from their cells.

Without the doctors and scientists where would we be? ;-) Originally Posted by Sistine Chapel
I fixed that for you.
Two things:

1) Me thincks you don't really know what personal property is.

2) Before you go spouting off you might want to do a little research. If you look at the landmark supreme court decision in Moore v. Regents of the University of California you will see that the court ruled that a hospital patient's discarded blood and tissue samples are not his personal property and that individuals do not have rights to a share in the profits earned from commercial products or research derived from their cells. Originally Posted by oilfieldscum

I see you didn't read the article either. Who said anything about her personal property being discarded. Fact is it wasn't it was taken without her knowledge. Ok dipshit?
  • DSK
  • 12-05-2016, 10:47 AM

Key is they stole this black woman's personal property rights and hid it from the world because of the advances to humanity they generated from it. They hid it because they didn't want people to know mapping the human genome and all the other medical and scientific advances came from a black person's contribution. Without that tissue sample where would we be? ;-) Originally Posted by Sistine Chapel
OK - let me ask you this...would they inevitably been able to use someone else's tissue, or was hers the only tissue like that in the entire world? Could it have been done without her?
I see you didn't read the article either. Who said anything about her personal property being discarded. Fact is it wasn't it was taken without her knowledge. Ok dipshit? Originally Posted by Sistine Chapel
There you go resorting to insults again when you are proven wrong.

Have you ever been in a hospital? You know all that paper work they make you sign when you go in? You ever read any of it? Wonder what it says?

You thinck they might take a biopsy to find out if it was cancerous? Would that biopsy be considered discarded blood and tissue samples and thus not the patients personal property?