camera phone vs professional photos

we should do a double photo session soon!! Originally Posted by Sydney Pure

Yes we should do a double photo session those would be great...
i prefer professional photos but thats a bias opinion for me , i hate the pro photos that are photoshopped to hell and back changing a ladys body to make her appear thinner than she is or smoothing over the skin too much and removing any ink .
I'm a photographer, so I'm naturally going to be biased, but I certainly prefer professionally shot images. I think it says something about the type of girl I may be seeing, and I also think we tend to get a better look from high quality pictures.

Having said that I think it's interesting that so many people here mention the Photoshop thing. A true professional is never going to let you see his Photoshop. What I mean is, if it's obvious, it's not professional. If you see images where a person's skin looks like it came off a Barbie doll, that's Photoshop hackery. Personally, I never do it. If it's temporary, like a zit, I'll get rid of it, or a tattoo on request, but otherwise if it came that way it stays that way. I also know what clues to look for that indicate more serious Photoshop skulduggery. If the girl's waist looks like it came off a Barbie doll because it's so narrow or the curves just seem unnatural, you can bet some liquefy work was going on. Not cool.

Every photographer's job, if they are professional, is to make their subject look their best. That's accomplished with good posing technique, light, and camera angles. Ladies should keep all these things in mind when they're looking for prospective shooter.

Something else to keep in mind about cell phones… Every single one of them has a very wide angle lens, which means that the closer you are to it… Say arms length… More distortion there will be. And it can work both ways. It might make certain things look much bigger or much smaller than they actually are, so buyer beware!
  • Casey
  • 10-01-2012, 08:05 AM
Pro photos were always a must for me I think people took me much more seriously and I was able to build a great following over the last 14 years of being in the hobby.

Over the last 3 years I was in an exclusive arrangement and going to school for couple things and photography was one of them. I dont specialize in this type of photography, but find in interesting since I have been in front of the camera for a number of years. I opened my studio almost a year ago, but have been stuggling with should I shoot providers or not. Honestly didnt know if providers had a need for a lady photographer. I have been researching boudoir style photography and have shot 1 provider so slowly figuring it out, LOL.

I think photoshop has its place, but anything over used or abused is a bad thing. I use CS6 and LR3 but mainly for effects and not to hide anything. Posing and lighting can take anyone a long way. I shoot 60mm for all my portraits. I have a certain look I am after when shooting and I know not everyone shares that same vision so I shoot for me and my clients photography and other wise

Casey