Why Is It So Tough To Walk Away From This Hobby?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QxGzkUOp-8c

Therapy vs. provider pricing.
If money isn't an issue, why do you want to stop? Are you just wanting something a bit more meaningful?

Just curious, have you tried the sugar baby scene here? I've found that to be just as good or better than the hobby.
I am sure you will get lots of help from the lovely ladies breaking this habit. LOL.
If money isn't an issue, why do you want to stop? Are you just wanting something a bit more meaningful?

Just curious, have you tried the sugar baby scene here? I've found that to be just as good or better than the hobby. Originally Posted by dbjp101
Yes, I’m actually doing some of the sugar baby scene as well. It’s fun, but it can also get bored really quick as well.
Sawadi ka....

First- dating isnt the answer and to quote from the book Alcoholics Anonymous ,"Its like beating yourself on the head with a hammer to cure a headache"
Second- Im right there with you personally and for myself can say Ive had more than enough and need what I call " Cave Training" which is similar to what monks and warriors have done which is hard intense training in private to cleanse and purify.
Third and last- an addict is beyond human aid and must reach the Alpha and the Omega which is a fancy way of saying," God please help me"

To quote Patrick Swayze from Roadhouse,"Pain dont hurt"

There's so much more to life than fucking.

All that being said I saw a girl today, am supposed to see another tomorrow and have one lined up for Sunday!
We'll see what happens....

Edit to add that for me i work hard and value my money more and more, i am not wealthy just foolish.
Traveling or building a muscle car are more and more appealing.... Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
Thanks Butch for your thoughts!

I’m trying dating to see if I can ease my mind. It’s different than this hobby for sure.

Yes, it’s true there is more to life than fucking a beautiful hot babe. I don’t want this to ruin my life. What I am doing now is trying to prioritize my needs and pursue the path to happiness.

This hobby cannot go on forever. I’m doing more other activities now. Hunting and traveling are my favorite ones so far.
I quit after every "appointment " for about 6 weeks Then well life is to short. I could get a new truck and be unhappy and mean or I can hobby ( I'm the guy driving the old truck smiling and singing to the radio )
What was it Mark Twain said? “There’s nothing to quitting smoking. I’ve done it hundreds of times!”

Seriously, when I read that this has placed no financial strain on you, I went back and reread your initial post to reread the reasons you said you wanted to quit. I still dint see the, explicitly articulated, other than a vague discomfort that you fell somewhat unable to have sufficient control over your actions. And it’s not necessarily a good and complete analogy, but I assume you’re not uncomfortable that you can’t control your need to eat, breathe, sleep, excrete waste, etc.

So what is it that really makes you worried about your hobby activities? Why do you want to quit?

Perhaps you’re seeking a deeper, more permanent emotional attachment. Just a stab in the dark. But until you can articulate a bit more about what is causing you to worry, I’m not sure anybody can give you well informed advice.
Hunting and traveling are my favorite ones so far. Originally Posted by You&Me
you have been hunting.. for PUSSY.. as Hank jr. was doing in this song!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMVdqrKB600

what TTH said.
  • grean
  • 11-30-2018, 10:19 AM
If we are referencing old Hank songs, then I like to have women I've never had.

You do too. Nothin' wrong with that!
What was it Mark Twain said? “There’s nothing to quitting smoking. I’ve done it hundreds of times!”

Seriously, when I read that this has placed no financial strain on you, I went back and reread your initial post to reread the reasons you said you wanted to quit. I still dint see the, explicitly articulated, other than a vague discomfort that you fell somewhat unable to have sufficient control over your actions. And it’s not necessarily a good and complete analogy, but I assume you’re not uncomfortable that you can’t control your need to eat, breathe, sleep, excrete waste, etc.

So what is it that really makes you worried about your hobby activities? Why do you want to quit?

Perhaps you’re seeking a deeper, more permanent emotional attachment. Just a stab in the dark. But until you can articulate a bit more about what is causing you to worry, I’m not sure anybody can give you well informed advice. Originally Posted by TexTushHog
There are a few reasons why I want to walk away from this hobby:

1. There are so many uncertainties with the current laws. And this makes me nervous about staying in this hobby.

2. I want emotional attachment and stability. This hobby is about pure fun and instant gratification, but definitely not happiness. I want to pursue the path to happiness.

3. Even though I can afford to see as many ladies as I want, I still would like to have some sort of control over my spending. Currently I have no set budget for hobby. I spend whenever I feel like. This is a bad habit, and I really want to change this. Spending 30K to 40K a year on instant gratification is a bad habit.

4. This hobby was meant to be a temporary relief for me. It got me hooked for over 6 years now. Getting out of this is very hard for me.

Thanks for your thoughts.

you have been hunting.. for PUSSY.. as Hank jr. was doing in this song!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMVdqrKB600

what TTH said. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
Chung, you are funny as always. I want to stop the BEAVERS hunting altogether. The two-legged animals are more dangerous than the 4-legged animals.

Seriously, for the last 5 years or so I really got into hunting. Each year I keep updating my hunting gears and spending more and more. It's more exciting than this hobby because the fun lasts much longer. Hobby fun is only a couple hours of fun and thrill.
  • grean
  • 11-30-2018, 11:52 AM
Why not start by cutting that budget down to a 3rd say a 1000 per month?

You're not going cold turkey after spending 40k annually for the past few years.

And it's not self gratifying unless you're sucking yourself off.
  • dgc92
  • 11-30-2018, 12:15 PM

You do too. Nothin' wrong with that! Originally Posted by grean
Problem is, after a while, it just don't get it no more. Then you're broke down, busted, and honky tonked all to Hell. Because, especially around here, angels are hard to find.
Why not start by cutting that budget down to a 3rd say a 1000 per month?

You're not going cold turkey after spending 40k annually for the past few years.

And it's not self gratifying unless you're sucking yourself off. Originally Posted by grean
I'm trying to control my bad habit, but it's very difficult.

Instant gratification, btw!

Thanks for your thought!

You do too. Nothin' wrong with that! Originally Posted by grean
no there is not.. in truth, there's a lot right with it. matter of fact, that's why I'm here!

for the last 5 years or so I really got into hunting. Each year I keep updating my hunting gears and spending more and more. It's more exciting than this hobby because the fun lasts much longer. Hobby fun is only a couple hours of fun and thrill. Originally Posted by You&Me
Hmm.. so roughly the same time you have spent here, 5 years, give or take. but you split from here for close to 2 years.. how did that time go? you stayed away a good while, you were doing something that successfully kept you away. has the hunting chipped away at your desire to remain here, seeking women? if not, there has to be a different answer.. I get it, though, hunting has a big and long "anticipation thrill" component, which can serve as a replacement thrill as long as you still maintain excitement about hunting in general.
Yeah. This can be a hard habit to break. I really enjoy the variety. The downside to that is it sucks from a relationship perspective. While I’m happily married and as of now the hobby doesn’t get in the way, because my wife plays too, I can see how being in this hobby can really screw with real world relationships. When you’re used to fresh pussy every day, it makes it tough to fuck the same pussy more than a few times in a row. If I had started this hobby before I got married, I probably would still be single.

When I travel, it’s fun to fuck a different girl each day, but even so, it gets lonely, which is surprising given the fact you have a different woman’s legs wrapped around you every day yet it’s still lonely. I’m always happy to get home to my wife. If I was single, I’m sure I’d be lonely even if I was getting fucked each night. But it would also be hard to settle down with one woman in a monogamous relationship. If I went to match.com, I’d have to specify that an open relationship is required.

It also sucks Because I have to force myself to not think of every woman I meet as a $200 fuck. (That’s probably the hardest part). I know one day I’ll say something that will get me in trouble by accidentally insulting some woman.