Did I get ripped off at the strip club or was it my own damn fault?

Dont give 'em your credit card. you will get a surprise if you do. Originally Posted by pickupkid
That's why i only HAVE one credit card, and use it rarely.. SO I don't get surprises!!

3. $100 is a cheap lesson. I worked with a girl in Vegas who managed to talk a drunk exec into using his corporate credit card for $8000 in VIP bottle service and dances. He lost his job and got sued for the balance. Originally Posted by VegasJen
IF i was him i would have SUED the stripper!!!
No! You did not get ripped off. You allowed the chick to keep dancing therefore, you accepted the service, so you pay the chick. If you don’t want to be separated from your money, STAY OUT of SCs.
@Burkalini.... I think the entire staff at the club was in agreeance that this guy was a dumbass, lol. @Garhkal... a lawsuit like that wouldn't have gone far. She didn't steal his info or spend his card on anything other than what he requested. He signed for it all (multiple times... it wasn't just one charge, he just kept adding on new ones) and at this particular club, they get a thumbprint along with the signature on large transactions like that. The real lesson here is to know your limits both with what you can spend and how much alcohol you can handle and still think straight.
@Burkalini.... I think the entire staff at the club was in agreeance that this guy was a dumbass, lol. @Garhkal... a lawsuit like that wouldn't have gone far. She didn't steal his info or spend his card on anything other than what he requested. He signed for it all (multiple times... it wasn't just one charge, he just kept adding on new ones) and at this particular club, they get a thumbprint along with the signature on large transactions like that. The real lesson here is to know your limits both with what you can spend and how much alcohol you can handle and still think straight. Originally Posted by VegasJen

lol I don't blame the stripper one bit. She probably thought it was Christmas. While not a big fan of strip clubs I have gone with a bunch of buddies just to hang out for a bit. There is always that one guy in the bunch that drinks way too much and spends more than he can afford. Would hate to be around his house when the bill comes in. If you treat it as just fun it will be. You sound like you have a good head on your shoulders.
... a lawsuit like that wouldn't have gone far.... Originally Posted by VegasJen
Agree.
Prob wouldn't get a decent atty to even take the case regardless of size of retainer.

Strip clubs are a business, not a free show. Some guy wants to spend money, no prob.
You pay by the number of songs, not by the number of inches... LOL
FUCK!!!

It should be by the inches ... 1.3" to be exact.
Let me get this straight your a member of a hooker board and you go to a strip club to get teased , danced around, buy drinks and hopefully might get a blowjob or handjob and the outside chance you might get to meet one of the strippers after work...what a dumbass !
Hire a provider you know your gonna get something !
and you think you might of gotten used ? LOL
If you treat it as just fun it will be. You sound like you have a good head on your shoulders.
Originally Posted by burkalini
I wouldn't call getting ripped off, "just fun"..
She charges by the song.
She danced a number of songs.
You have to hold up your end if the deal and pay by the song.
No one goes in a strip club and gets 5 private dances for $20.
That's not good business.
It's up to the drunk patron to stop when he thinks he has had his limit of songs. If not, she keeps on making money.
It sounds bad, but they don't dance for free.
You don't blame a business when you fucked up.
Blame yourself for being stupid for titties or for being drunk and stupid for titties.
As with the hobby, I thought you paid before the dances.
She charges by the song.
She danced a number of songs.
You have to hold up your end if the deal and pay by the song.
No one goes in a strip club and gets 5 private dances for $20.
That's not good business.
It's up to the drunk patron to stop when he thinks he has had his limit of songs. If not, she keeps on making money.
It sounds bad, but they don't dance for free.
You don't blame a business when you fucked up.
Blame yourself for being stupid for titties or for being drunk and stupid for titties. Originally Posted by Warptcuck
THink is if legally they are too inebriated to concent to sex, consent to contracts, or to drive. HOW can they legally be 'level headed enough' to make those sorts of decisions?
I wouldn't call getting ripped off, "just fun".. Originally Posted by garhkal
If you think this guy was ripped off I would say leave your wallet and credit card home when you go to a strip club. It's not called a strip club because they take their clothes off but because they strip you of your dollars. This is the way they make money. Everyone knows that walking in. Do you think they just want to dance and get your dollar tip on stage. They know the money is in the dances. They know the more they dance the more they make. If you get so drunk that you can't think straight them you get what you deserve. It's not like sexual consent as they aren't reaching into your wallet without permission. Getting drunk is like maturing. As you get older you should recognize when it's ok and when it's not. If not you're the dumb ass.

I tried two clubs in the DFW area and I felt like I was the token white in both. Could some one suggest a club where a white boy won't feel out numbered? Originally Posted by tucson
PT's used to e good~