Reviewing the hobbyist?

Personally, I hate the reference system. I have been away from the hobby for about 3 years now and what provider's I did see are no longer around or were UTR and very discrete and probably wouldn't want a full time provider calling her for reference on someone. Or, for that matter, they wouldn't remember who the hell I was.

Here's a prime example: Stacy do you remember who I am? Describe me to a provider who has just called you. Originally Posted by Fantazier
Ah but you see, that is precisely why I won't provide a reference if so much time has passed that I can no longer realistically give a good reference. It wouldn't be safe or fair to the lady asking for the reference.

You are right, the reference system is definitely not without its flaws and limitations. It can be abused and manipulated. But it still remains a useful tool to help women reduce risk - but not eliminate all risk.

PS. I might not be able to pick you out of a line up after three years, but I will bet you dollars to donuts I would recognize you if I saw you again
Ah but you see, that is precisely why I won't provide a reference if so much time has passed that I can no longer realistically give a good reference. It wouldn't be safe or fair to the lady asking for the reference. Originally Posted by SinsOfTheFlesh
This is true also, I will tell a provider who inquires about a reference of someone I haven't seen in over 6 mos that she might want to ask for a more recent reference for her own safety.
PS. I might not be able to pick you out of a line up after three years, but I will bet you dollars to donuts I would recognize you if I saw you again Originally Posted by SinsOfTheFlesh
I sincerely doubt that, nor would I expect you to. Not to mention the fact that that I look completely different during the Summer/Winter months. Summer I am clean cut, short hair and shaved. Winter, I wear my hair long and grow a full beard and mustache. Even my own mother doesn't recognize me. LOL

Another thing that gets me is when a provider says in her ads, "2 references, no exceptions". That's 'Really' harsh for someone who has been on this site since 2/10 and doesn't play that often. While I don't mind staying with the AMP's, a variety is nice once in a while. Someone that been on this site and done reviews for as long as I have should get an exception.
Here comes the waaaaaa-ambulance!

Stop whining. It is not hard to get 2 or 3 quality references in a week and be good to satisfy most ladies' requirements. Or just stick to ladies who don't screen other than the infamous 'cop check'.

Just because a guy reviews a bunch of ladies, who are not on here to dispute potentially his review, does not guarantee to ladies who screen that he is safe to meet.
I've read this thread twice and came to the same conclusion. If there were two review systems as you suggest you or LE would have two seperate accounts of the meeting stating similar activities. I'm no lawyer but sounds like we would all be doing le's homework for him...
Actually my first thoughts about this were in relation to the need for references. My thinking was about how the hobbyist references could be right here on the site just as provider's reviews are here for the hobbyist. Then I started thinking about my own experiences and my own actions.

I once saw a provider for the second time on accident (I am so glad I did btw, great provider my ATF). I am married and I erase all phone numbers all calls to and from and all text from my phone to get rid of the evidence. Sometimes when I show up to see a provider even for the second or third time she does not recognize me by my phone number. I know this because she will say "Oh I know you" when I arrive. I would have thought she recognized my number but that is not the case so far.

I just went through giving a provider references to check and realize that I have to know what namel she will know me by, will she have my phone number in her phone, what handle do I use on the site that I set up the appointment (eccie, NR, etc). I guess I passed the verification. I wonder if most providers even call the other provider, hell as much info as I gave she may have just said the hell with it he must be legit to have given me all that information. One provider told me that she has gotten two call from other providers over 5-6 years and when she got the call she figured, "well, thats one guy I'll never see again."

So to my original thought, not a review of the hobbyist (as much fun as I had playing that scenario through my warped brain) but a way to legitimize the hobbyist as a "No Drama, No BS, 1000% real, guaranteed to cum and leave on time, 5 star hobbyist!"
If you want to really get remembered, be a 5 "O" hobbyist! That could go one of two ways. Either she'll remember "Damn, he made me cum 5 times. I need to remember this guy!!" or she'll remember "Damn, I had to fake it 5 times. What a pain in the ass!!". Or, maybe not.

I tend to agree with blk07lac though, they could probably incorporate some way for a provider to 'pre-approve' of a hobbyist she has seen in the past to avoid the reference but the hobbyist's review added to her 'pre-reference' is probably too much of an evidence trail for me. I mean, all of my reviews are pure fantasy right?
Ah but you see, that is precisely why I won't provide a reference if so much time has passed that I can no longer realistically give a good reference... I might not be able to pick you out of a line up after three years... Originally Posted by SinsOfTheFlesh
If you want to really get remembered, be a 5 "O" hobbyist! ... That could go one of two ways. Either she'll remember "Damn, he made me cum 5 times. I need to remember this guy!!"... Originally Posted by KCSmutMonkey
Damn, I wonder if Stacy SOTF remembers me, then... Hmmm....

Granted, I don't do reviews on every lady I spend time with (for various reasons), but frankly, many of my ECCIE reviews and P411 OK's are becoming dated, so I could fully understand where, if I wanted to see a new provider that asked for (and properly screened) 2 recent references, I could have a problem passing.

Granted, I don't do reviews on every lady I spend time with (for various reasons), but frankly, many of my ECCIE reviews and P411 OK's are becoming dated, so I could fully understand where, if I wanted to see a new provider that asked for (and properly screened) 2 recent references, I could have a problem passing. Originally Posted by Wizard of Ahhhhs
Just tell them you know Malwoody..
Should open up a lot of doors for you..
If you want to really get remembered, be a 5 "O" hobbyist! That could go one of two ways. Either she'll remember "Damn, he made me cum 5 times. I need to remember this guy!!" or she'll remember "Damn, I had to fake it 5 times. What a pain in the ass!!". Or, maybe not.

I tend to agree with blk07lac though, they could probably incorporate some way for a provider to 'pre-approve' of a hobbyist she has seen in the past to avoid the reference but the hobbyist's review added to her 'pre-reference' is probably too much of an evidence trail for me. I mean, all of my reviews are pure fantasy right? Originally Posted by KCSmutMonkey
No, if you really want to be remembered leave a $$$ tip!

Granted, I don't do reviews on every lady I spend time with (for various reasons), but frankly, many of my ECCIE reviews and P411 OK's are becoming dated, so I could fully understand where, if I wanted to see a new provider that asked for (and properly screened) 2 recent references, I could have a problem passing. Originally Posted by Wizard of Ahhhhs
When I almost do a header straight off the bed after squirming, wiggling, and shaking my way around the entire bed - it um, tends to be a memorable experience not soon forgotten. 'Nuff said
When I almost do a header straight off the bed after squirming, wiggling, and shaking my way around the entire bed - it um, tends to be a memorable experience not soon forgotten. 'Nuff said Originally Posted by SinsOfTheFlesh
'Wizard of Wiggles' just doesn't have the same ring to it.
OMGROFL Smutmonkey!

That one is going to keep me laughing for a few days. Pretty sure I'm going feel compelled to use it from time to time too LOL
'Wizard of Wiggles' just doesn't have the same ring to it. Originally Posted by KCSmutMonkey
I'm thinking that's a character in one of Dorothy's dreams when she got older....
I did not know about the Powder Room. I'd like to hear from a provider about the extent of use and effectiveness of the powder room.

I have doubts that is has the same impact of a provider review. It is the socializing component of public praise/shaming that would seemingly be missing from the powder room but maybe I'm wrong. Originally Posted by jaxjags64109
Aside from the powder room we also give references. So, based on the session and how it made a provider feel, she may choose to share positive or negative feedback. Also, there are many national black lists for us to choose from and where we may post alerts. I am a member of many and do utilize them not only when I am screening a gent, but also when a gent crosses the line; which for me, you have to REALLY piss me off to land yourself on a black list.

I would never want to review my clients, my god with all of the time already spent on line then in person... I am not sure how I woud find the time to review my gents and in all honesty, discretion is key with me... I doubt they would appreciate being reviewed.

Apologies in advance if I am repeating what's been written previously, I rarely read all of the responses until after I've posted! LOL
xoxo
Jazz