Your Opinion: Best TV Sit-Com of All Time

• Doove
  • 03-10-2014, 05:47 PM
The best: All In The Family

Favorite: Andy Griffith Show

Definitely worth a mention: Police Squad.
sopranos
Aaaahhhhh! That creeps me out! give her bigger boobs and dark red unfeathered hair and she looks exactly like my mom!!!
Curb Your Enthusiasm

Seinfeld with the gloves off Originally Posted by trojantide
Agreed...Larry David is not only a great producer...but also a great comedy character.
Amos N' Andy
Your Show of Shows
The 3 Stooges
Milton Berle
The Man Show
  • Gdguy
  • 03-10-2014, 11:54 PM
Pee Wee's playhouse? Lol. No. I always thought Two and a Half Men was great. Charlie Sheen days obviously. Seinfeld is probably best all time though.
  • Saige
  • 03-11-2014, 01:56 AM
Quantum leap....
Lol
Law and order.... I had a huge bond with my gramps and the original episodes
  • Laker
  • 03-11-2014, 06:11 AM
McHales Navy, Hogans Heros, Get Smart, Charlies Angels,
Seinfeld
Honeymooners
I Love Lucy
The Big Bang Theory
Cheers
M*A*S*H
The Simpsons
Friends
The Wonder Years
Two and a Half Men
The Dick Van Dyke Show
Bob Newhart show / Newhart
Mary Tyler Moore
Bewitched
Benson
Taxi
Sanford and Son
Soap
Home Improvement
Married with Children Originally Posted by Tiger
How could I have forgot Married with Children.
Night Court was pretty good too.
Happy Days was good before the last couple seasons.
Quantum leap....
Lol
Law and order.... I had a huge bond with my gramps and the original episodes Originally Posted by Saige
Sitcom dear
Many believe that the 1950s was the greatest decade in American history. The United States was the most influential economic power on earth after WWII under the presidency of Dwight D. Eisenhower.

There was a large-scale expansion of the middle class in the 1950s. Unions were strong, comprising almost half the American work force. And, politics tended to be moderate with extremist positions being out of favor.

The need to always have more and better goods emerged rapidly in the West during the 1950s. Consumerism became a key component of Western society. People bought big cars and big houses in the new suburbs, and purchased modern time-saving household appliances. But a little research suggests that postwar America was far from idyllic.

Gazing retrospectfully inside the average suburban American household uncovers some families still suffering from the economic fallout of the Great Depression, and a culture alarmed by the looming shadow of a constant threat of nuclear war and communism. Also; many of the “June Cleavers” of the decade had a dark secret.

Everyday drug use for depression was very common among American housewives. The drug, a prescription traquilizer called "Miltown". What later ensued was a flurry of cocktail recipes. There was the “Militini”(a martini with a pill replacing the olive) and for the more daring; drinkers could try a “Guided Missile” (a double vodka and two Miltowns).

Husbands, although reporting themselves to be happier in general, still complained of emotional disturbances and were disposed to consume more alcohol than their wives as a release from stress. Nineteen Fifties America: Those were the good old days. Or were they?

“Leave it to Beaver” offered a romanticized view of middle class American life in the late 1950s and early ‘60s. It was a light drama with the underlying current that upstanding behavior rewards, while poor behavior doles out undesirable consequences.

What I get a kick out of most are the characters, especially Wally’s friends: Eddie Haskell and “Lumpy” Rutherford. Ward Cleaver (or as Eddie would refer to him, “The Warden”) was the Solomon of the show, most always clear-thinking and level-headed.

“Leave it to Beaver” – purportedly the first sitcom to be told from a child's point of view – never broke into the Nielson top-30 nor won any awards, but it placed on Time magazine's unranked 2007 list of "The 100 Best TV Shows of all-time.

I guess I’ve always waxed nostalgically for pink houses with white picket fences, and the families with a Mom, Dad, and 2.5 children. Yes, “The Good Old Days”.

Another lesson with

What? You thought you'd get out of one of my history lessons?
TD
1. Seinfeld

And then in no particular order:

The Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air

The Kids In The Hall

Dream On

Martin

King of Queens

The Cosby Show

Family Matters

Amos & Andy

The Honeymooners

Get Smart

Saved By The Bell

Frazier

The Wonder Years

The Simpsons

The Big Bang Theory

Sanford & Son

Bosom Buddies

Two and a Half Men

Married With Children

My Wife and Kids

Full House

Boy Meets Worlds

City Guys

George Lopez

Everybody Hates Chris

Roseanne

8 Simple Rules

Keenan & Kel

The Adventures of Pete & Pete

Perfect Strangers

That's So Raven (LOL! Don't laugh! Don't laugh!)

Who's The Boss

Step by Step

Hope and Faith

The Jeffersons

One on One

ALF

Good Times

Home Improvement

The Jamie Foxx Show

The Game (more of a "dramedy" now, but still good)

And now after looking at this list, I'm ashamed at how much TV I've watched in my lifetime, which is weird to me since I considered myself to have watched so very little TV since 2002...
The best: All In The Family

Favorite: Andy Griffith Show

Definitely worth a mention: Police Squad. Originally Posted by Doove
I was wonderin' when The Andy Griffith Show would get mentioned. My second favotite of all time. Great cast of characters, and Blue Grass and Jug Band music performed by some very talented musicians.

"It's me, it's me, it's Ernest T."

"Miss Crump, will you be my mother figure?"