BEND OVER KOBE AND TAKE IT LIKE A CHAMP !

How much should they be allowed to make?
more like job evny or maybe a little of both

dumb shits sitting in an office making a living vs grown men playing games making a fortune Originally Posted by CJ7
Excellent point. If I could make a fortune playing a game, I would be all over it.
Big League athletes are well paid because of American consumer support....but you are pissed at the athletes so you think the Government should confiscate their earnings ?

That is fucked !

I also don't like that too many athletes are lavishly paid with guaranteed contracts and endorsements; but I also think it is worse for a government to use the tax code to extract "revenge" for being over paid, or even the playing field. The problem is American consumerism, NOT over paid athletes. The solution isn't government confiscation of things you don't like !

Who gives a fuck? I can't go on these rants and not honestly claim there isn't some envy; but that really doesn't change the issue. The donations to charity come nowhere close to undoing the damage done by the greed that created the wealth.

Even the small merit your point has, that one player's donation exceeds all of the eccie members' combined, which I doubt, because I'm sure there are some very wealthy motherfuckers here with some guilt to alleviate, is lessened by the fact that, by spending $15 on groceries for the poor this xmas, I'll have donated a greater percentage of my income than any overpaid athlete worldwide. Originally Posted by JohnnyCap
I also don't like that too many athletes are lavishly paid with guaranteed contracts and endorsements; but I also think it is worse for a government to use the tax code to extract "revenge" for being over paid, or even the playing field. ! Originally Posted by Whirlaway
Why are you singling out professional athletes? What about actors? Singers? College coaches?

All those people successful in these professions are "over paid" when compared to the average U.S. worker. Justin Bieber a millionaire??? The U.S. tax code was built on people earning more money paying a higher percentage of their income in taxes than those making less. I do not consider myself wealthy at all but I "give" the government about 28% of my income in income taxes. I hardly look at it as the government extracting revenge on me. Don't like it but it's the price we pay for living in the U.S. And it has nothing to do with a Democratic or Republican presidency. Look over tax rates over time.

I have the option of moving to a country with lower income tax rates, but "no thank you".
Yes; include them in the over paid category;

It was JohnnyCap who liked the idea of using the tax code to get back at over paid earners....not me !

Why are you singling out professional athletes? What about actors? Singers? College coaches?

All those people successful in these professions are "over paid" when compared to the average U.S. worker. Justin Bieber a millionaire??? The U.S. tax code was built on people earning more money paying a higher percentage of their income in taxes than those making less. I do not consider myself wealthy at all but I "give" the government about 28% of my income in income taxes. I hardly look at it as the government extracting revenge on me. Don't like it but it's the price we pay for living in the U.S. And it has nothing to do with a Democratic or Republican presidency. Look over tax rates over time.

I have the option of moving to a country with lower income tax rates, but "no thank you". Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
Excellent point. If I could make a fortune playing a game, I would be all over it. Originally Posted by Chica Chaser
But you'd have to take a pay cut from your mod salary.

BTW, who is the chick in avatar?