What's up with the new 6 min posting rule?

Lol well I DO have a life outside this board BUT I just find it interesting to check posts hete and interact....I aint hurting nobody so why cant I? Lol
The whole rub for these types of sites is the free content created by the contributors. Anything that stifles that dynamic will ultimately be counterproductive. Someone is definitely overthinking this shit. It's like using a sledgehammer to swat a fly.

Peace, Love, and #BHILF

JS Originally Posted by Jefferson Starfish
A whole lot of truth here ^*** JS.

+1 JS
+1 RR
+1 DR
My take on this, it only effects a handful of people, a few live on this damn site.. Really... Anything around 20,000 + posts.. Get a life away from this board. Originally Posted by canyonman
I've got less than 1,000 posts in like 7 years of membership and it's affecting me. So Ima go ahead and call bullshit on that one Bud.

Peace, Love, and #BHILF

JS
That 6 minute rule seems to be ill planned. If people are communicating through a certain thread as a group then 6 minutes is too long. Considering​ this is a "Community" site last I checked the eccie acronym. Also information exchange, so 6 minutes is wasting time.
Looks as though I was able to post within 6 minutes this morning.
OK, but you average 0.35 posts per day.. And that must be effecting the hell out you, lol.

I've got less than 1,000 posts in like 7 years of membership and it's affecting me. So Ima go ahead and call bullshit on that one Bud.

Peace, Love, and #BHILF

JS Originally Posted by Jefferson Starfish
Sometimes I'll take a hiatus for months at a time.

When I am active, I typically log on for like 15 minutes at a time and comment on 4 or 5 posts. This pattern of activity is affected by this rule in my personal experience.

Peace, Love, and #BHILF

JS
That's right JS, in other words....down with the 6 minute rule. How better than to respond quickly on an open forum/thread without having to wait 6 minutes. Nobody wants to continually send PM's all day.
What if we tried 5 posts per day. You shoot your wad and that's it tI'll tomorrow