MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN: What is wrong with wanting that?

• WTF
  • 09-04-2022, 01:06 PM
And they were doing that before Barrack Obama was President.

So AGAIN, if this country is as racist as Joe Biden and Democrats have you believe, why indeed would any person of color come here?

Answer...... because it isn't true which you just admitted even if you don't realize it. Originally Posted by HedonistForever
The blacks weren't lining up to come here in the 1860's!

And you've just admitted that it must be really great now because folk are lining ou for miles and putting their lives on the line to move here.

So evidently, according to your metrics....Trump made America worse again.

And you've just admitted that it must be really great now because folk are lining ou for miles and putting their lives on the line to move here.

So evidently, according to your metrics....Trump made America worse again. Originally Posted by WTF

160 years ago has zero bearing here. No comparison.

So evidently, according to your metrics....Trump made America worse again. Originally Posted by WTF
they where being sold by other blacks to Dutch and shipped here
  • WTF
  • 09-04-2022, 02:32 PM
160 years ago has zero bearing here. No comparison. Originally Posted by winn dixie
Well currently they are putting their lives on the line to come here....so it sounds like we're pretty fucking great.

Tell me when we quit being great.

You're the one with the MAGA hat. That should be a simple question.
  • WTF
  • 09-04-2022, 02:35 PM
they where being sold by other blacks to Dutch and shipped here Originally Posted by offshoredrilling
Yea....like I said, they weren't exactly standing in line to come here.

Now you have people willing do cross a fucking desert to get here.

And these numbnutted Trump livers are running around with silly red hats on their heads with MAGA!
Yea....like I said, they weren't exactly standing in line to come here.

Now you have people willing do cross a fucking desert to get here.

And these numbnutted Trump livers are running around with silly red hats on their heads with MAGA! Originally Posted by WTF
smuggling in slaves and other goods mmmm some we can't talk about on icky
Slavery? More democrat bashing I see and ignorance of history. Some blacks came to the US voluntarily from both the Caribbean and Africa.
I am of the opinion that what actually made this country great:

Social Liberalism
Regulated capitalism
Separation of church and state
Respect for Science
Respect for our institutions
Professional journalism
Unrestrained higher education Originally Posted by Brot
I can go with all but the final two.
If you look at the Countries history, the main stream media have been partisan and corrupt for one side or the other throughout. It probably reached its heights during the Pulitzer/Hearst feud, but at least they were in it for the all mighty dollar.

Look what our “unrestrained higher education” has brought us. Millions of those who reached for the golden ring only to get a worthless education compounded by insurmountable debt.

The Country needs more plumbers, electricians, welders, mechanics, fabricators, construction workers, truck drivers etc than it needs those with a degree in the “social sciences”
  • WTF
  • 09-05-2022, 09:21 AM

The Country needs more plumbers, electricians, welders, mechanics, fabricators, construction workers, truck drivers etc than it needs those with a degree in the “social sciences” Originally Posted by Jackie S

Bunch of plumbers, welders , electricians waiting on the othe r side of the river!
  • Tiny
  • 09-05-2022, 09:34 AM
The Country needs more plumbers, electricians, welders, mechanics, fabricators, construction workers, truck drivers etc than it needs those with a degree in the “social sciences” Originally Posted by Jackie S
Absolutely. There are exceptions, but the vaunted liberal arts degree in the hands of most people isn’t worth much. Progressives like it because a lot of them have it, and “it teaches you how to think.” Think like a Progressive that is.
  • WTF
  • 09-05-2022, 11:11 AM
Absolutely. There are exceptions, but the vaunted liberal arts degree in the hands of most people isn’t worth much. Progressives like it because a lot of them have it, and “it teaches you how to think.” Think like a Progressive that is. Originally Posted by Tiny
Have you seen the posts of one in here who purports to have an economic degree?a

He needs to get his money back...hopefully Biden forgave the cost of that useless Trump U degree
  • WTF
  • 09-05-2022, 11:18 AM
MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN: What is wrong with wanting that?

Well? Originally Posted by ICU 812
It implies that we are no longer great.

Be like titling a thread....Make ICU 182 Straight Again....what's wrong with that.

It is an improper label.

Have you clicked on Grace 's link?

I never watched the series....but this is one of the best responses ever!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIpKfw17-yY Originally Posted by Grace Preston
It’s a pretty good series. I enjoyed it, though I’ll never get past Dumb and Dumber.