Gas on the Rise!!!! Is My Hobby Going Up Too?

FYI, gas prices go up for providers too lol. Originally Posted by London Rayne
Yeah, but where's the expense if you don't do outcalls.
Yeah, but where's the expense if you don't do outcalls. Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
You're right about that. Even if I did, I would never drive myself. I have figured it's actually much cheaper to fly than to drive lately, but a bigger PITA.
Flights have gone up!...I already bought all my plane tickets through April lol!
You're right about that. Even if I did, I would never drive myself. I have figured it's actually much cheaper to fly than to drive lately, but a bigger PITA. Originally Posted by London Rayne
Did you mean ..much cheaper to drive than fly?
No, I only paid like $250-300 to fly and I pay that for the rental and at least 100-150 in gas now. Still, worth it because it's not as much of a hassle checking through security, only being able to bring certain items, getting stuck in the airport, etc.
Being able to drive means you can bring more stuff and you can Haul Azz if needed to!! FYI- Strategically park car close to getaway exit!!
Being able to drive means you can bring more stuff and you can Haul Azz if needed to!! FYI- Strategically park car close to getaway exit!! Originally Posted by shorty
I almost had a heart-attack at the pump yesterday!!! Thank GOD I ride motorcycles 80% of the time......I dont know what the hell I'm going to due when it's time to fill up the truck...I guess I'll have to sell a kidney so I can get gas. SMDH!!!
Your not kidding!! I filled up my truck last Friday and I spent $100 on fuel and I had 10 cents off of list price!!
I think the providers realize that most guys budget a certain amount. Rising gas prices figure into the equation of how much discretionary spending one is able to do. This is a hobby which means it is probably one of the first things people will cut back on if things get really out of whack. Providers know this too. The last time gas prices spiked, I noticed a lot of the providers would put a travel charge on if they had to go 25 or 50 miles for an appointment. That seems fair. I do know this. I will not lower my standards when it comes to the quality of provider I see. That's the whole reason I hobby because of quality providers I'm able to meet. I'll just cut back if gas gets too high or providers start going over a certain threshold I'm unwilling to pay.
Seriously, If I were doing Donald, there's no way I'd let him slip away.
I'd have to reconsider my no greek and no cim policy. LMFAO! Originally Posted by Naomi4u

Okay, the cat's out of the bag.

Yes Naomi....I AM Donald Trump !
Your not kidding!! I filled up my truck last Friday and I spent $100 on fuel and I had 10 cents off of list price!! Originally Posted by shorty
I only use premium for my SUV, and it's right about 100 too. Freaking crazy. Luckily it stays parked most of the time, unless I am around New Orleans. The rentals I use are cheap on gas so I can go over 1000 miles for less than one tank in my own.
Thinking about converting my truck to a McD's French Fry for fuel economy.LOL