Mitt, Jeb say "Take down Confederate battle flag

This is just bullshit. It's like trying to say the swastika didn't stand for Nazis. I don't give a shit what the intended meaning was, it was co-opted by the confederacy and forever tarnished. Let it go. Originally Posted by WombRaider
Actually, the swastika is an ancient symbol of peace and unity, found in ancient Europe and among the Native Americans. The Nazis co-opted it and distorted it's true meaning.
Well what kind of proof do you need? Lets at least start with population. Over 50% of blacks live in the Southern States according to the last U.S. Census. Blacks Americans are free to settle any where they like. If the Southern States are inherently vicious and racist towards blacks why do the majority of Black Americans remain in the Southern States? Like I stated before, all roads lead to racism. Liberals aren't happy without it. Liberals don't want racism to end. They need it. This country wouldn't have a race problem if liberals, atheists and gays would just shut the fuck up.

Jim Originally Posted by Mr MojoRisin
You are one simple-minded fuck. People are free to live where they wish, so they must like where they live? That is your line of reasoning? That's the ONLY factor that goes into where someone lives? Couldn't be the fact that they are socioeconomically challenged and not able to move anywhere else. No, couldn't possibly be that. And let me get this straight; liberals, atheists and GAYS are responsible for the problem of racism in America? You sir, have jumped the shark. You had very little credibility, but what little you had just left. The KKK used the BIBLE as there basis for deeming the blacks as inferior, you idiotic dumbass. That's not atheists. That's you bible-thumping come to jesus motherfuckers. And gays? What the fuck.
Actually, the swastika is an ancient symbol of peace and unity, found in ancient Europe and among the Native Americans. The Nazis co-opted it and distorted it's true meaning. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
I'm well aware of the history of the symbol. It actually means fortune and success, not peace and unity and is likely 12K years old, but most widely known in combination with Indian religion. Because of the Nazi association, it's ruined. As is the confederate flag.
Wow, WormRaper! Who knew? You can use Wiki!
Yes racism is more prevalent up North. The idea that racism is a Southern problem is just a myth that has been entrenched in the population. Like I said all roads lead to racism for atheist liberal jackasses like you.

Would Jimmy Swaggart consider a sinner like you a Christian?
  • Old-T
  • 06-22-2015, 08:54 AM
Although I don't think we need to display it anymore. The Confederate flag never stood for slavery, racism or anything of that sort. Here's a link that explains it's real intended meaning.

Jim

http://www.trainweb.org/seaboard/FLA...derateflag.htm Originally Posted by Mr MojoRisin
It became tarnished by idiots like you. There's more racism up north than there is in the south. I know cause I've lived in both states.

The confederate flag stood for a lot of things, depending upon who was using it, when, etc. To say it only stood for slavery is incorrect, but to say that numerous people don't use it as a rallying point for racial hatred is also wrong. It is unfortunate that some people's use taints the other. See Ft Dix, or pictures of pick-up trucks used in racially motivated

However it is what it has become, not only what it started as. As was mentioned, you can find the swastika sign on petroglyphs dating back about a millennia. They never meant anti-Semitism then, but even many native americans acknowledge its newer connotation has overwhelmed the original one.

There are plenty of other ways to express the positive aspects of southern culture and such without flying something that DOES connote (intentionally) racial hate to many and is the US equivalent of the IRA flag flown in England.

As to more racism in the north or south, I think that is far to broad a statement. Neither the north nor the south is a homogenous community. Racism exists in both, in different forms and ways. And between different groups. Tolerance exists in both. Often the two are close together. When I have been in Tampa I have seen little organizational racism. Drive 45 min away to Plant City and you may as well be on a pre-civil war plantation, and if you are black you better "know your place". The neighborhood I grew up in in NYC had essentially no racial tensions, but if I walked 20 minutes due east it was thick in the air.

Areas of the country are not racist or tolerant--individual people decide to be one or the other. And it isn't all black & white.
You are one simple-minded fuck. People are free to live where they wish, so they must like where they live? That is your line of reasoning? That's the ONLY factor that goes into where someone lives? Couldn't be the fact that they are socioeconomically challenged and not able to move anywhere else. No, couldn't possibly be that. And let me get this straight; liberals, atheists and GAYS are responsible for the problem of racism in America? You sir, have jumped the shark. You had very little credibility, but what little you had just left. The KKK used the BIBLE as there basis for deeming the blacks as inferior, you idiotic dumbass. That's not atheists. That's you bible-thumping come to jesus motherfuckers. And gays? What the fuck. Originally Posted by WombRaider
You're just rambling on cause you're pissed off. You've never done a dam thing in your life to better the lives of anyone. You're just a mouthy little shit.

Jim
Would Jimmy Swaggart consider a sinner like you a Christian? Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
I don't know go ask Jimmy Swaggert .

Jim
Apparently, you consider yourself superior to self-proclaimed atheists, MMR, since you used it in a slur against WR.

Please explain why, or do us a favor and stow the religious bigotry.
Romney tweets that the flag is a "symbol of hate for many". Jeb says take it down, just like the did in Florida. Cruz, of course, says it should be up to the state....kind of like the slavery and then the segregation arguments.

What say you?

I have mixed emotions about this and have posted about it before. I get that African-Americans view the flag as a symbol of support for slavery and subjugation. But, an awful lot of brave men died following that flag into combat fighting for things besides slavery. Originally Posted by timpage
It's simple but you won't like it. That flag and any other Confederate flag (there were many) is the historical possession of each state and outside the control of the federal government. We know how Hillary and every other lib will answer the question completely disregarding that it is a state issue. No, this is another gotcha question for republicans. If they answer the truth, that as president they have no say in whether the flag flies or not and everyone condemns them as a racist. Lie about the answer and say that they will do something about it (when they can't) then they sound pretty feeble to those who know better. We had our own problem with this shit. Harrisonville, MO has a Confederate cemetery which had the Missouri Confederate flag flying over it. The then governor of the state interfered with a private matter (technically the state had taken over the cemetery) of a private cemetery.

You can believe what you want, right or wrong, but that flag is solely the business of the people of South Carolina.
I'm well aware of the history of the symbol. It actually means fortune and success, not peace and unity and is likely 12K years old, but most widely known in combination with Indian religion. Because of the Nazi association, it's ruined. As is the confederate flag. Originally Posted by WombRaider
You should watch the first 10 minutes of the Da Vince Code. A lot of it depends on your prospective and most people will get it wrong. They've been trained to think a certain way and you're living proof of that.
Does anyone real know what we're all talking about?

This is the flag that represents the Confederate States of America

It was nicknamed the Stars and Bars

This was the flag of Confederate Missouri

This is the flag of Confederate South Carolina

and this is the Battle Flag of the Army of Northern Virginia

You're just rambling on cause you're pissed off. You've never done a dam thing in your life to better the lives of anyone. You're just a mouthy little shit.

You have no idea what I've done, firstly. I notice you did not refute my points, because you can't. So you spew some more bullshit.
You should watch the first 10 minutes of the Da Vince Code. A lot of it depends on your prospective and most people will get it wrong. They've been trained to think a certain way and you're living proof of that. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
The Da Vinci Code is where you're getting your truth from

This explains it all. You understand this is a work of fiction, yes? Jesus Christ on a crutch.

And it's PERSPECTIVE, NOT PROSPECTIVE
It's simple but you won't like it. That flag and any other Confederate flag (there were many) is the historical possession of each state and outside the control of the federal government. We know how Hillary and every other lib will answer the question completely disregarding that it is a state issue. No, this is another gotcha question for republicans. If they answer the truth, that as president they have no say in whether the flag flies or not and everyone condemns them as a racist. Lie about the answer and say that they will do something about it (when they can't) then they sound pretty feeble to those who know better. We had our own problem with this shit. Harrisonville, MO has a Confederate cemetery which had the Missouri Confederate flag flying over it. The then governor of the state interfered with a private matter (technically the state had taken over the cemetery) of a private cemetery.

You can believe what you want, right or wrong, but that flag is solely the business of the people of South Carolina. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Slavery was a state's rights issue as well, correct?