Let's welcome a new moderator - Namssa

I respect anyone who's willing to devote time to moderate this board. I did it for awhile on ASPD and it can be incredibly time-consuming.

But at the same time, there were moderators on ASPD who, in my view, didn't have the right temperment to moderate. Originally Posted by ShysterJon
Of course! And here, and a lot of other boards as well. What would anyone expect? It's not very easy to identify those who: (a) will do a good job; and (b) are willing to do it. Mistakes are inevitable; even good mods often start out with a bumpy ride in the beginning. Not to mention that they can never please all the members no matter what they do. But hopefully any problems are self-correcting. It's in the owners' self interest to monitor and as needed either provide corrective guidance or "fire" those who turn out to be poorly suited for the job. (If you have an absentee owner and power struggles among the staff, though . . . .) There are a lot more ex-mods than current mods (or dead mods).

And at the end of the day, even if the mods do a mediocre or poor job, it's not that big a deal. This is just a SJMB.

-----------

Namssa, congratulations and condolences.
And at the end of the day, even if the mods do a mediocre or poor job, it's not that big a deal. This is just a SJMB. Originally Posted by Chevalier
No, this is no longer my message board. I sold it last week to St. Chris for a 6-pack of longnecks.

Okay, C-man. I know SHMB. So what's SJMB?
Okay, C-man. I know SHMB. So what's SJMB? Originally Posted by ShysterJon
Didn't we have this conversation before???

It's my quixotic attempt at providing gender balance. There are as many silly J's around here as there are silly H's. And MB's are arguably more for the J's than for the H's.

Normally I avoid windmills, but occasionally . . . .

It's my quixotic attempt at providing gender balance. There are as many silly J's around here as there are silly H's. And MB's are arguably more for the J's than for the H's.

Normally I avoid windmills, but occasionally . . . . Originally Posted by Chevalier
Ah, okay. Thanks. It wouldn't surprise me if you told me that before. I think I fried my brain eating too many Pop Rocks in the '70s and '80s.
welcome, welcome, welcome

Moto
  • M69
  • 08-02-2012, 03:17 PM
Namssa, thanks for volunteering. I am not very active on Eccie like I was on ASPD (as I am now single and don't hobby much) but I appreciated your work on ASPD and this board is lucky to have you as a Mod.
All modtards eventually become dead modtards.
All modtards eventually become dead modtards. Originally Posted by pyramider
What's the rule for mods that retire several years before dying? Do they retain their "mod-ness" and still become dead mods when they die? Or are dead mods limited to those who die while still a mod or shortly after retirement?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Normally I avoid windmills, but occasionally . . . . Originally Posted by Chevalier
How about calling it a SHJMB? It's all one big circle jerk anyway.
What's the rule for mods that retire several years before dying? Do they retain their "mod-ness" and still become dead mods when they die? Or are dead mods limited to those who die while still a mod or shortly after retirement?

Inquiring minds want to know. Originally Posted by Chevalier

After they die they finally become functional. Until the help is needed on the island, the dead are just fly drawing paperweights.

You know I thinck the dead mod status depends on inept they were in life. In your case ...
Glad you are here... I am sure that you will be have a great contribution to the board.
welcum! welcum!!! Enjoy! we have some great mods, that i know have made it and do their job, Lets keep the fire out! smooches.