was never in
but still have that card

I think I was part of the last year of the draft card
they should start that up again 3
and hope there is no need
or use it wisely
wisely, that LOL
BTW and who did Ike get stuck with Vietnam from
the French, that seem to have bigger balls than us now days Originally Posted by offshoredrilling
Yup....back then we had to fight them Commies!!!

Now US Corporations are in bed with their Commie pals, shipping over to Commie China millions of good US Jobs Americans used to have. Now the Commie China economy grows and will surpass the USA, thanks to US Corporate Greed, while the USA slowly implodes, thanks to Corporate Greed!......
Slipping back as gonna happen anyway unless you stay in a perpetual war over there. That of course would of been wasting even MORE $$$$$$$$$$ in that shithole!!!...LOL

Guess you learned NOTING from the NAM debacle, which BTW was another GOP BS WAR, that IKE started!!!

But "low information voters" like you are 'funny' that way!..... Originally Posted by Celso
No the French where in NAM
Ike as JFK got stuck with looking for a out
and it was LBJ that got us in overly sending in lots of troupes
LBJ wanted to build that up and did
then Nixon pulled us out

the Iraq troops where doing fine till we stopped giving info
I still have my draft card
was never in
but still have that card

I think I was part of the last year of the draft card
they should start that up again 3
and hope there is no need
or use it wisely
wisely, that LOL Originally Posted by offshoredrilling
I was drafted in the last couple years before it became a Volar military that eliminated the Draft.

Agree the Draft should be brought back because there was a lot less misuse and abuse of our Military when the Draft existed. It's criminal what those in our Volunteer Military have to endure now, that NEVER happened during times of the Draft.....
LBJ wanted to build that up and did
then Nixon pulled us out

the Iraq troops where doing fine till we stopped giving info Originally Posted by offshoredrilling
LBJ was goaded into upping the war by the GOP who said if he didn't he was soft on Commies.

Nixon pulled us out of NAM hoping it would save his sorry arse from impeachment or being forced out of office. It didn't work, tricky Dick was forced to resign.

Iraq is just going through the SAME death spiral that happened in NAM!.....

Some peeps never learn from history's mistakes, they just repeat them....

Some peeps never learn from history's mistakes, they just repeat them.... Originally Posted by Celso
your right, you have not learned
Latter
I have a thread I being asked to start from up the food chain on eccie
coed
will start then log off
its been fun
[QUOTE=Celso;1056257696]I was drafted in the last couple years before it became a Volar military that eliminated the Draft.

Agree the Draft should be brought back because there was a lot less misuse and abuse of our Military when the Draft existed. It's criminal what those in our Volunteer Military have to endure now, that NEVER happened during times of the Draft.....[/QUOTE

I think the draft should be brought back too,pay the troops beer and cigarette money like it used to be but as far as abuse we must have been in different armies, six trainees died in basic training and things went downhill from there
I think the draft should be brought back too,pay the troops beer and cigarette money like it used to be but as far as abuse we must have been in different armies, six trainees died in basic training and things went downhill from there Originally Posted by keeponrisin
Died from what?
Whole time I was in no one died during training but a few died from PT abuse and they were not trainees. What was very disconcerting was all the PT easily available on base! All Top Shelf Shit! Especially around payday, when the back of the barracks WAS a purple haze! Actually saw more PT abuse on base than while in college!!!....
your right, you have not learned Originally Posted by offshoredrilling
Hardly.....but thanks for making my point....

Richie sang about your side back in the 60s and sadly it applies more today than back then....

Died from what?
Whole time I was in no one died during training but a few died from PT abuse and they were not trainees. What was very disconcerting was all the PT easily available on base! All Top Shelf Shit! Especially around payday, when the back of the barracks WAS a purple haze! Actually saw more PT abuse on base than while in college!!!.... Originally Posted by Celso
heat stroke
My son is the 5 generation in the U.S. military from my family. Anytime you have 300 million people trying to agree you get what this thread is all about. Be grateful we can speak like this openly and remember everyone has the right to how they think and feel. Be thankful we can still do this in this country. Also jobs are available for those who want one just look real hard and you will see help wanted signs everywhere. You just have to be willing to do the jobs that are available
My son is the 5 generation in the U.S. military from my family. Anytime you have 300 million people trying to agree you get what this thread is all about. Be grateful we can speak like this openly and remember everyone has the right to how they think and feel. Be thankful we can still do this in this country. Also jobs are available for those who want one just look real hard and you will see help wanted signs everywhere. You just have to be willing to do the jobs that are available Originally Posted by Bigdaddy14606
jimmie jesus bless merica

You just have to be willing to do the jobs that are available Originally Posted by Bigdaddy14606
....and be happy making <10 bucks an hour......
First thing you should remember is that community colleges are supported locally and not with federal funds. Obama has no business interfering.

Second, nothing is free. Those of you who believe that can line up for the showers before we take you over to see the furnaces. It is figured that the FREE schooling will cost the taxpayers $60 billion over 10 years. This is government accounting though, multiple by three. Who is going to pay it? Why the people with a associates degree who can't find a job. Better if Obama reduced the interest rates on students loans (they did go up under Obama) which is something that he has control over.
First thing you should remember is that community colleges are supported locally and not with federal funds. Obama has no business interfering.

Second, nothing is free. Those of you who believe that can line up for the showers before we take you over to see the furnaces. It is figured that the FREE schooling will cost the taxpayers $60 billion over 10 years. This is government accounting though, multiple by three. Who is going to pay it? Why the people with a associates degree who can't find a job. Better if Obama reduced the interest rates on students loans (they did go up under Obama) which is something that he has control over. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
but Oblama would rather control what is taught at community colleges
than help some one take class's they want to take