workout buddy needed!!

An email or PM workout buddy doesnt work unless you are emailing with a personal trainer who has set you up in a program and is just monitoring the program that he or she knows you can do on your own.
The best workout buddy for London would be another female who can workout a mutual convenient schedule with London and make each other stick to it. Both should be at about the same fitness level although having another female who is in great shape and patient would be great.In my opinion,Both should have at least a few sessions with a personal trainer. A male buddy would be very distracting knowing London is a provider. I guess London could do workout "sessions" but not likely to result in increased physical fitness for either. Originally Posted by whitechocolate
I agree. I wouldn't workout with a male buddy cause I won't be comfortable doing some compromising stretch/workout positions while he's staring at my body. Bleh!! When I want to workout, it's a serious workout…same thing in other sports. Flirting and other fun has its own place and time.
I switch between Asylum, Insanity, Brazilian Butt Lift, Yoga and Kettlebell Training and home and have never felt better. Never miss a day because I dont have to leave my house for my workout.
+1 Prolongus..Tony Horton does as well. Did asylum - speed n agility yesterday. Hadn't done it in a few months, had been doing p90x. Needless to say, I think I burned a couple of calories. Originally Posted by TSPURS123
Only a couple? Lol...
A little info on these workout programs...P90X is an all-around workout regimen: weight lifting, cardio, yoga, stretching. Asylum and Insanity are fast-paced cardio programs with Asylum having more strength workouts...

I've found that once you complete one or two of these programs, which are 6 days a week, you can revert to maintenance routine of 3-4 days, which is what I'm doing. Just don't have the time like I used to. I'm tempted to try Shaun Ts new T25...only 25 minutes vs. 45-60 with other routines. Anyone try it yet? I'm thinking there are no breaks...

And Nastya...gotta find the time to check out your "results", mmmmm
Workout tapes are great once you are already fit AND very motivated!!!
I agree. I wouldn't workout with a male buddy cause I won't be comfortable doing some compromising stretch/workout positions while he's staring at my body. Bleh!! When I want to workout, it's a serious workout…same thing in other sports. Flirting and other fun has its own place and time. Originally Posted by samantha thom
I can understand what you mean to an extent however if its a non hobby friend this shouldn't be a factor. Working out is some serious stuff so most folks who are into their routine don't pay attention but unfortunately for ladies a male checking them out will always be a factor.

I switch between Asylum, Insanity, Brazilian Butt Lift, Yoga and Kettlebell Training and home and have never felt better. Never miss a day because I dont have to leave my house for my workout. Originally Posted by Nastya
I'm so going to do you!
I'm training like rocky baby for you!
  • Rehke
  • 01-04-2014, 12:46 PM
I agree. I wouldn't workout with a male buddy cause I won't be comfortable doing some compromising stretch/workout positions while he's staring at my body. Bleh!! When I want to workout, it's a serious workout…same thing in other sports. Flirting and other fun has its own place and time. Originally Posted by samantha thom
Guys check girls out. Why is that such a big deal? I personally find nothing wrong with appreciating a beautiful woman. Now, the proviso to that is I expect people to behave with decorum and dignity. It's one thing to find a woman attractive, it is another to act inappropriately on the finding. And yes, distracting comments of whatever nature during a serious work out are inappropriate.

In my first career in the health field, I had to perform procedures on males and females in some very intimate areas. Not everything is about sex.

And our sex drives are a natural part of being human. Personally I like being told I have a nice ass. Girls check out guys too.

Maybe I'm just better at compartmentalizing things than a lot of people...
Just go to a decent crossfit box and you will be in shape in 3 months. It will be fun and you won't need to feel accountable because you will see and feel progress and want to keep going...

Plus...its about functional movements and I can tell you that 90% of the movements will help you perform better in the hobby...it has helped me raise my hobby game
LOL won't workout with a guy because its not serious. Tomorrow I will be swimming around 2 miles in a mixed group of men and women. Swimmimg that much we won't have time to check each other out.

Thursday is hill running repeats. After a few hills no one is checking anyone out.

As far as guys checking you out though, its a compliment. Smile back and say thank you.

I don't need any workout partners. But if anyone wants to know how I dropped over 50 lbs and did Thursday races called ironman, I will help. I'm training again to do 3 more in the next 18 months. There are no secrets just work that needs to get done.

Today, 100 pushups, 100 lunges, hold plank until I can't, some weight lifting, and run one mile as fast as I can. Enjoy your days workout too. Tomorrow is a swim day. Wednesday we will do a lil bike riding.

Almost any program can work, doing the work is key. Having buddies helps, but it isn't a necessity.
Guys check girls out. Why is that such a big deal? I personally find nothing wrong with appreciating a beautiful woman. Now, the proviso to that is I expect people to behave with decorum and dignity. It's one thing to find a woman attractive, it is another to act inappropriately on the finding. And yes, distracting comments of whatever nature during a serious work out are inappropriate.

In my first career in the health field, I had to perform procedures on males and females in some very intimate areas. Not everything is about sex.

And our sex drives are a natural part of being human. Personally I like being told I have a nice ass. Girls check out guys too.

Maybe I'm just better at compartmentalizing things than a lot of people... Originally Posted by Rehke
It is not a big deal at all. Everyone is different. And I'm glad you can act with decorum and respect. In the past, I have worked out with male personal trainer and some male friends. And I always caught them staring or afterwards, I got inappropriate texts saying he couldn't help noticing my….. (you can assume how that goes) hoping that i would reply with the same flirty or sexual tone. After comments like that, I wasn't comfortable to go workout with them again. So now I am pretty much self-reliant. :-) And at least on the tennis court, I keep my male hitting partner in a good distance on the other side of the court so I don't feel as vulnerable as laying on my back in a gym stretching with my legs wide apart. LOL
It is not a big deal at all. Everyone is different. And I'm glad you can act with decorum and respect. In the past, I have worked out with male personal trainer and some male friends. And I always caught them staring or afterwards, I got inappropriate texts saying he couldn't help noticing my….. (you can assume how that goes) hoping that i would reply with the same flirty or sexual tone. After comments like that, I wasn't comfortable to go workout with them again. So now I am pretty much self-reliant. :-) And at least on the tennis court, I keep my male hitting partner in a good distance on the other side of the court so I don't feel as vulnerable as laying on my back in a gym stretching with my legs wide apart. LOL Originally Posted by samantha thom

I just want to be your ball boy...

I just want to be your ball boy... Originally Posted by SD2011
Hahahahahaah!!! And that is exactly what's gonna happen to you if I catch you staring too much! So funny!!
It is not a big deal at all. Everyone is different. And I'm glad you can act with decorum and respect. In the past, I have worked out with male personal trainer and some male friends. And I always caught them staring or afterwards, I got inappropriate texts saying he couldn't help noticing my….. (you can assume how that goes) hoping that i would reply with the same flirty or sexual tone. After comments like that, I wasn't comfortable to go workout with them again. So now I am pretty much self-reliant. :-) And at least on the tennis court, I keep my male hitting partner in a good distance on the other side of the court so I don't feel as vulnerable as laying on my back in a gym stretching with my legs wide apart. LOL Originally Posted by samantha thom
Sounds like it's affected the way you feel around men (I don't mean that in a rude way). I'm sure you do well as a provider but this sort of thinking you're right would put a dent in the effectiveness of any sort of workout plan you set out. You'd be too busy concentrating on that to effectively do something.

Mental barriers are a bitch to break when it comes to fitness but once you get passed that its all golden.
  • Rehke
  • 01-06-2014, 12:11 PM
I'm probably a bit unusual in that I have no issue letting you know that you have a magnificent ass. But that's simply an observation. I'm not going to obsess over it. And sometimes I do find it's easier to acknowledge that there is some level of sexual attraction and we can make an informed decision about whether or not to act on it. If we're talking an activity partner, I'd rather burst the bubble and say "Hey you have a magnificent ass but I really enjoy working out with you so I just wanted to get that out and dealt with so we can continue this without any weirdness."

And, hey, if it comes out that you're feeling too and we decide it's okay to have some fun, that's cool too. But in the end, I have my priorities. There's a ton of magnificent asses out there to choose from, I'm not worried about trying to tap every one of them.

Well I for one no I couldn't be Samantha's workout partner. Is rather enjoy her company behind closed doors!!
Well I for one no I couldn't be Samantha's workout partner. Is rather enjoy her company behind closed doors!! Originally Posted by Mistere4354
I wouldn't mind going to the gym with Mistere4354 as a 'foreplay' before our Behind Closed Door activity. Of course…it's not gonna be a serious workout. Don't you guys think that's an interesting idea to go with a trusted regular to the gym as a 'foreplay'?