How many sailors are lurking here?

it's The Rhodes Scholarship. Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
Damn It! Who let the Grammar Nazi in the house?!
They suppose to be on the other thread about race!
Glad the point got across though.

Originally Posted by He’s Precious, so Precious!!!!!!
Yupper. That's my name.
... WHAT is the problem with his name??!

... In Australian culture - Precious (pronounced Pre-cee-us)
was a god and ruler of Darling. ... One o' those gods like Thor.

### Salty
Members should return this thread to the Original Topic
Members should return this thread to the Original Topic Originally Posted by biomed1
Mod bashing?
Rhoades Scholar? I don't think so.
What was that business school donny went to? Originally Posted by Precious_b
Why did you change to "education"?

I'm not sure to which "donny" you are referring.

If it is Mr. Trump his "business" knowledge has apparently benefited himself ...

... as well as the U.S. citizens while he was POTUS.

But I can see how you might be turned off by him ...

...he's ONLY a billionaire.
This isn't the military Originally Posted by VitaMan
He posted "sailors" ... I don't recall him using "military" in OP.

So, you are correct.
Members should return this thread to the Original Topic Originally Posted by biomed1
Mod bashing? Originally Posted by Jacuzzme
no "biomed1" is the topic looking at 1st post
Mod bashing? Originally Posted by Jacuzzme
Too funny!
I was just informed by biomed1 that I am going to receive 5 points for referring to someone as a "deck ape". I don't know biomed1's background but like the word "jarhead", "deck ape" is common usage among sailors. It is a given and not a specific insult like I was an engineer or as we were called "a snipe". As an electrician I was usually referred to as "a fresh air snipe". I think that biomed1 is posting in ignorance but even saying that could be an infraction today. So how many other deck apes, snipes, pecker checkers, turd chasers, zeros, goats (goat locker), twidgets, zoomies are out there?

I'm writing this because something is preventing me from writing directly to biomed1. Maybe he is pulling a Trudeau and maybe he isn't. Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
Sailors and Marines. I started out as a Marine in Electronics, and ended up serving on independent duty attached to the Navy for 2 years. I love both branches of service, but the Navy has better chow. My daughter went with the Air Force, and my granddaughter went with the Army (oh ug).

I have heard all of these terms, no offense was ever taken or intended. It appears that your points were awarded by the uninformed without a uniform.

Why did you change to "education"?

I'm not sure to which "donny" you are referring.

If it is Mr. Trump his "business" knowledge has apparently benefited himself ...

... as well as the U.S. citizens while he was POTUS.

But I can see how you might be turned off by him ...

...he's ONLY a billionaire. Originally Posted by LexusLover
Okay. Let's take it to the VERY BEGINNING so as to *try* and not miss things.
Ah. The subtler terms of endearment.
Wouldn't expect any trump supporter to know them since the lineage is of known draft dodgers.
But the pc feelings is for the birds.
Why I liked the movie Grand Torino. No pc but terms not said for insult purposes (mostly.) Originally Posted by Precious_b
Now, with this thread asking about sailors, I throw in the casual post about the former potus and his lack of military service. Moreso to the point, his family dodging military service. Here in the US of A and back in Europe.

Are any "trump supporters" in the Clinton "lineage"?

I know he's uncertain about who his father is, but she may know! Originally Posted by LexusLover
*I* really don't know why you ask about Clinton family members voting for donny. But you directly quote me on the draft dodging bit along with a picture of billy. So, I mention him being a recipient of a Cecil R. scholarship (HA! Take that Grammar Nazi! ) as deferment. But you mistakenly say "...uncertain about who his father is..." but he never met him. His father, who served in WWII, drowned a few months prior to his birth. Though he never met him, he know of him.

Rhoades Scholar? I don't think so.
What was that business school donny went to? Originally Posted by Precious_b
And we all see how successful he was with his draft dodging degree (if he ever got one at that school. He refuses and bars any inspection of things at the Bursars Office.)
Leveraged to the hilt, being pwned by finanical institutions, and having family taking court ordered ethics classes.

Real winner for a draft dodger.
Damn It! Who let the Grammar Nazi in the house?!
They suppose to be on the other thread about race!
Glad the point got across though.

Originally Posted by Precious_b
He addressed your SPELLING, not grammar. But you’re not very good in that area either!!!!!
How many sailors are lurking here?

This is the original title of the Thread.

The OP is looking for to garner support his contention that the term Deck Ape is not an insult.

It does not matter who or how many side with the OP. If another member is insulted or if Staff finds slang terms insulting, there will be consequences.

Several of you need to check your pm's and decide if you still wish to post off topic. dj8

OP, if you are having difficulty contacting biomed1, feel free to reach out to me.
Now that the week is done, I have once again contacted biomed1. My position is that those words are used as not just insults but terms of endearment by MEMBERS of the military. If you are not part of that club then you should act cautiously giving veterans the benefit of the doubt. The original usage was in rebuke to someone claiming to be a veteran without offering proof. My intent was to expose them and insult them at the same time. If they were not a sailor then there was not insult as it would fly over their head. If they were a sailor, but not a boatswain mate, then no insult again. Since the moderator has admitted that he only acted because some very ignorant, thin skinned people RTM'd the post. There are some who see any usage of a simian nature as some claim of racism. The moderator should have taken this into account, should have asked me my intent, and should have ignored the usual gang of idiots.

So how many sailors are lurking here? I don't know but it seems to me that the veterans are not too confused or concerned about using such epitaphs. All moderators should pay attention to that.
[COLOR="Blue"] If another member is insulted or if Staff finds slang terms insulting, there will be consequences. Originally Posted by dj8rocks
Is it a violation of being "off topic" by inquiring about the above quote and it's application to these threads?