Robin Williams Died

I never knew he was Julliard trained. Wow.
Yes....I was somewhat taken aback when I heard that as well (this morning on The Herd / ESPN was where I tuned in on that fact).

Colin was right: what a shame Hollywood doesn't "respect" (or recognize) the comedic actors when it comes to awards. It took Robin going "serious" to gain respect (and an Oscar) for his role in Good Will Hunting.

I still can't believe he's gone.....it just seems like a bad dream, doesn't it?

I never knew he was Julliard trained. Wow. Originally Posted by pyramider
I've seen several recovering chemically dependent individuals miraculously return for further treatment after they had had a 'slip'. More than a few of them were angry at themselves, or embarrassed they had been seduced again.

I suppose Mr. Williams didn't frequently attend AA and/or DA meetings especially whenever he was having a bad day and it appears he was having several of those.

Sometime in the future we may learn 'the rest of the story'.
Yes....I was somewhat taken aback when I heard that as well (this morning on The Herd / ESPN was where I tuned in on that fact).

Colin was right: what a shame Hollywood doesn't "respect" (or recognize) the comedic actors when it comes to awards. It took Robin going "serious" to gain respect (and an Oscar) for his role in Good Will Hunting.

I still can't believe he's gone.....it just seems like a bad dream, doesn't it? Originally Posted by Chateau Becot

Williams should have gotten an Oscar for his role in Awakenings. But no love for a funny man in a serious role.
I read there will be a tribute to Robin Williams during the telecast of The Emmy presentations tonight. And none other than his good friend, Billy Crystal, has been asked to share a few words with us.

I have no doubt this will be a heart felt if not emotional moment for everyone tonight. Knowing Billy....and his relationship with Robin....he'll share a funny story about the two of them of days goneby (and least I hope so). Anyways....looking forward to this as others are, I'm sure.