cold weather comfort food....

anyone ever had tri tip? to me ,its probably the best cut of meat on a cow
March 14th I will be hosting a steak and bj day then!
hope you got a HUUUUGGGGEEEE grill girl. i think alotta guys will be cookin their meat for you!
@Tess; oh yes; I definately do know to never give a dog chocolate; that is why they bargained for the chili and the pot roast! Smart dogs! My dogs are my life.......

@Britney; I am all in on a steak and BJ! Although it would probably be entertaining to the ladies if the guys did the grilling only wearing an apron; can you say "easy access"?
@Tess; oh yes; I definately do know to never give a dog chocolate; that is why they bargained for the chili and the pot roast! Smart dogs! My dogs are my life.......

@Britney; I am all in on a steak and BJ! Although it would probably be entertaining to the ladies if the guys did the grilling only wearing an apron; can you say "easy access"? Originally Posted by runswithscissors
oh no! me in an apron only. itll will look like ms. butterworth took up stripping
I am all in on a steak and BJ! Although it would probably be entertaining to the ladies if the guys did the grilling only wearing an apron; can you say "easy access"? Originally Posted by runswithscissors
I wonder who can best fill out an oven mitt?
Tess
  • 01-18-2011, 09:15 PM
The stews and soups all sound great. For me, there's nothing like a pot of homemade French onion soup, beefy and seasoned with garlic and thyme. Most satisfying...
Monk Originally Posted by Monk Rasputin

You are so very right, gotta do that soon.
Ohhh, homemade french onion soup is great. Chicken and dumplins is also a good cold weather meal to make.

My personal favorite is lasagna. There's something about making the sauce, tweaking it til it's just right. Then assembling the layers with three cheeses. It's also great to reheat the leftovers.
  • yeesh
  • 01-19-2011, 06:45 AM
I really like the spicy seafood soup from Buffet Palace on cold days, or when the Cedar count goes through the roof- opens the sinuses right up!
I really like the spicy seafood soup from Buffet Palace Originally Posted by yeesh
Yes, a really great soup especially from the S location
For me, it's my Italian Sunday Sauce. It takes about 2 hours to get everything browned right, then another 4-6 hours on the stove to cook. It doesn't use any fresh tomatoes, just tomato paste, a little tomato sauce, and a lot of wine. It's one of those dishes that tastes awful with the raw wine and tomato paste in it when it begins to simmer. However, as it cooks down, the flavors become more complex, and you know when it's done when it tastes right. Served over some homemade pappardelle (yes, I make my own pasta too) and a big red wine, and you've got a perfect winter meal.
I wonder who can best fill out an oven mitt?
Tess Originally Posted by Topshelf Tess
I just had this mental picture of Tess "shaking hands" with my oven mitt.....
I just had this mental picture of Tess "shaking hands" with my oven mitt..... Originally Posted by runswithscissors
reminds me of the man who had 5 penises.....his condom fit like a glove
i enjoy a vietnamese soup dish called Pho on cold days
i enjoy a vietnamese soup dish called Pho on cold days Originally Posted by CaptianObvious
Tan My on Ohlen is my favorite, where is yours? Lots of good places in town.