Do you hobby on holidays?

Not a holiday goes by when I at least don't get one phone call, even on Christmas Day! Of course for some cultures, that particular holiday may not mean anything.
Some holidays are no big deal and YES I do hobby. Now Easter that’s a different thing all together. I assume most everyone knows that this is the day Jesus was killed and put in a tomb. A very special day in deed. And we celebrate him coming out of the tomb every year. And I'm sure you all know, when Jesus came out of the tomb if he could see his shadow we would have 6 more weeks of winter! So I don't hobby on Easter... it’s a day of reflection for me.
Originally Posted by Still Looking
I know this was trying to be humorous, but Jesus was actually crucified on Good Friday, not Easter. He rose from the tomb on Easter Sunday.

Now to the topic. I think the holiday itself matters. I would never hobby on Easter, Thanksgiving, or Christmas. Those are for family. Maybe the Saturday after Thanksgiving, after I've spent 2 days with family & need some away time, but not the day itself. Party holidays like NYE (NYD is for recovery), Valentine's, St. Patrick, or Halloween would be a good time to hobby. And the summer ones, Memorial, 4th of July, Labor Day, I tend to get together with friends. But if the opportunity was there, I'd hobby.
I would hobby on all holiday's if occasion presented itself. If I did hobby on Thanksgiving or Christmas Day, it would be in the evening though.
I love the guys that call on Valentine's Day. I get to make that an extra special day for them.