What's your All-Time Best Basketball Pickup Team?

I'm late to the party but basketball is my shit so I gotta put in my $.02. I find it hard to judge players from the eras before my existence thus I will not include them. I know Wilt changed the game, literally. I mean, they expanded the paint and made rules to make him LESS dominant but he retired before I was even born so the game with said paint and rules is all I know. I also know that today's game is a lot softer than the rough em up game of the 80's and early 90's. With that said, here's my squad.

At guard.. Standing at 6'9 with mad handles... out of Michigan State... The man so beloved by many that he was given the cure to HIV.. Donald Sterling's main ninja.. ERVING MAGIC JOHNSON!

At the other guard, at 6'6.. the greatest to ever lace em up.. Out of North Carolina... 6 time NBA Champ.. A man that I witnessed drinking and smoking cigars till 2 am at Spy with Barkley and Carmen Electra the night before he torched the Rockets for 40 on a lovely Sunday afternoon... MICHAEL JORDAN!

At forward, at 6'9... the coldest white dude I ever witnessed play the game... Out of Indiana State.. The man every shooter aspires to be.. One of the greatest trash talkers of all time.. The Hick from French Lick.. LARRY BIRD!

At the other forward, at 6'8... Straight out of high school.. A man that was dubbed King before he even stepped on an NBA floor and has since backed that shit up.. The only player included on this roster who's story is not yet complete.. And the sole reason the NBA has awarded the Cavs the #1 pick 3 out of the last 4 years.. LEBRON JAMES

And at center, always listed at 7'0 but admittedly closer to 6'10... Out of The University of Houston... The all time NBA leader in blocks.. The main man on the team that caused one of the most epic street parties on Richmond after the 94-95 Championship! I mean, the strippers came out of Centerfold's and we're dancing in front of the club, show your titties for Clutch City signs popped up everywhere and drunk girls were obliging.. It was like Mardi Gras sans beads.. Being the summer after I graduated high school, it is ingrained in my memory but I digress.. A man that recently stated in an interview that if Lance Stephenson tried that ear blowing shit in his time, he probably would've caught an ol fashioned, passionate ass whoopin.. HAKEEM OLAJUWON!

Hey look! It's Mitch Kupchak!
  • Satin
  • 05-31-2014, 07:06 PM
Zane, man you have the exact same starting five as me.....except LeBron James over Karl Malone?! Lol, come on man, are you serious?

The Mailman - 2nd all time scorer in NBA history, 14 time NBA all star, 11 time all NBA team, 2 time MVP, Dream Team, most free throws attempted and made, should I go on? He's the best power forward in history, no questions asked....
Lebron is the best of all time Satin. I would start him over anybody on any team certainly over Malone.

I like that team Zane. It was the same as mine!!
  • Satin
  • 05-31-2014, 10:31 PM
Dude, you have really lost your mind! Lol
LeBron the best of all time? I wouldn't even put him in the top 10. Better than Majic, Jordan, Kobe, Oscar Robertson, Karl Malone, Tim Duncan,Bird? Man, you better stop drinking and lay off the snatch brother....

If he is so "great" why did his bitch ass have to go to the Heat to gravy train a few rings with 2 other superstars? Did Jordan, Kobe, Majic or any of the other greats do that? Don't get me started...lmao
I know you know your hoops, bro. The only question I have about Malone would be his numbers without Stockon. Best PF of all time to me is Timmy, as much as I dislike San Antonio.

We gotta take it to the court one day and settle it.
Lebron is the best of all time Satin. I would start him over anybody on any team certainly over Malone. Originally Posted by Daddio
In my eyes these two are totally different players...LeBron is more of a "3" who can also play the "4" and Malone was strictly "4"
  • Satin
  • 05-31-2014, 10:55 PM
CR, I have no issues with that either. If you look at any list of the greatest PF's of all time, it will be Duncan and Malone. Duncan would get the edge obviously due to rings.

As far as your argument about Malone, name one great player that would be as great if not for one other star on the team? Duncan-Parker, Jordan-Pippen, Majic-Kareem, list goes on and on. The real point is that none of them left their original team to hook up with 2 stars on another team because they couldn't get it done themselves....(except you-know-who).....

We can go anytime my brother, just name the date and place....

Edit: that's a valid point you just made DED. I was gonna bring that up too. I see that he's listed as both a SF and PF, but yeah point well taken...there's still many Small and Power forwards I would take over him...
PG - Magic Johnson - no question - Oscar Robertson a close 2nd

SG - Michael Jordan - no question - Kobe Bryant a close 2nd

SF - Larry Bird - LeBron James could eventually replace Larry

PF - Tim Duncan - no question - Karl Malone and Charles Barkley a close 2nd

C - Hakeem Olajuwon - This is by far the most debatable position you could argue Kareem Abdul-Jabbar - Wilt Chamberlain - Bill Russell - Shaquille O'Neal
Dude, you have really lost your mind! Originally Posted by Satin
You act as though you're surprised?
I am surprised Dopey wasn't on your team BT he is almost as good as Otis Birdsong you goofy mother fucker.
When does JFF run at the combine? Have they measured his cock yet? Originally Posted by Daddio
I am surprised Dopey wasn't on your team BT he is almost as good as Otis Birdsong you goofy mother fucker. Originally Posted by Daddio
I am surprised that JFF wasn't on 'Sugar' Daddio's team.

Apparently JFF's cock didn't measure up to 'Sug's' expectations.

'Sugar" Daddio was hoping for more of JFF's "cock." Not less!
Who can match up with Lebron Physically? Malone? Lebron would run circles around the Mailman.

Lebron could play football at damn near any position he is so fucking strong. I would like to see him wearing #81 for the Texans or fuck he could even wear #80 while it isn't being used. He could wear #59 he could even wear #23 at the Goal line. He could wear #8 and be better than Cam if he wanted, certainly better than BT's old butt master Dopey. Name any other player that could do this??

Oh and BT(Big Twat) who the fuck is Rob Williams? Mork?? A coog towel boy?
BT's next team

PG - Mork
SG - Potsy Weber
PF - Fonzie
SF - Laverne or Shirly
C - Arnold or Mr. C.(Mr. C was the original round mound of rebound) Arnold just had hopps!!

It's Happy days all star team for BT, he is a happy little butt fucker. I'm surprised your team didn't have Cheryl Swoops on it BT. All star carpet muncher and leader of your gayboy parades.

I would fuck Lisa Leslie tho!!! Somebody post a pic of her for me please!!
I would fuck Lisa Leslie tho!!! Somebody post a pic of her for me please!! Originally Posted by Daddio
Maybe after 7 or 8 beers.

Maybe after 7 or 8 beers.

Originally Posted by Prime Time
Not even then...