How do married hobbyists discretely pay providers?

When oilfield was booming every job had perdiem and always got perdiem on company at card. Pull out extra cash anytime I wanted. Now since it is slow and every job doesn't include perdiem it sucks. Just takes longer to accumulate cash which just makes it that much sweeter when I get to spend my money
The one question I have is how to pay for 411 without being caught.
The grocery and hardware purchases with cash back show up on the bank and credit card statements as a separate cash withdrawal...I was a very frequent flyer of this until she pointed it out and asked why so many withdrawls. Yikes. I made something up and acted like no big deal and now I do it much less frequent and just save up.
Become an uber driver dude. About 4 to 5 rides and you are solid. She wont be the wiser if you keep your credentials hidden. I know a guy who does this to support his betting habit. You get the jist Originally Posted by Caseykassum
This made me chuckle. So a wife that's all up in your money shit is going to suddenly be cool with you taking a few hours out of the day for an unknown reason?

"Going cruising for 4hrs babe... see you in bed!"
Would the provider having a Venmo account work under a handle like a hardware store name or a hobby collector name? Or will the email account show up and stuff. I don't know much about it. I just got one to send a friend of mine money for my dog they are keeping so I half tried it with my work email and made a kind of generic handle for the name it is under.

I use to have a paypal set up in the same fashion and it worked for a while, until they started to want ss numbers for each account. And I didn't want to keep up with it as a business account.
1. Direct your cash to another account like people have said..direct deposit
2. Max out your 401K contribution at the beginning of the year.
3. When and if you hit your max contribution...start the withdrawls at some amount that is less than the 401K withdrawl, but enough for your hobby
4. When and if you get caught (because you likely will)...claim that you have a gambling addiction and can't stop
Carry a pocket full of Bitcoins. Works for me.
The one question I have is how to pay for 411 without being caught. Originally Posted by safetyguru
I used a money order for the first enrollment. But the renewal got "lost" so I just quit it. Maybe a pre-paid card?
Just don't share password! Or account.
Carry a pocket full of Bitcoins. Works for me. Originally Posted by dallaswill
I got a pocket full of cooooooooooooooiiiiinnnnssss!! !

That probably just flew over the heads of 98% of the ECCIE trick population.
A very great way.

My wife has an account and I put money in it every payday. I pay the bills with what remains and hobby too. She doesn't have access to my shit.
I got a pocket full of cooooooooooooooiiiiinnnnssss!! !

That probably just flew over the heads of 98% of the ECCIE trick population. Originally Posted by DarkeyKong
Menace I I Society pun?

A pocket full of stones?
ha, thank you for your non-suggestion DarkeyKong. I have been wondering the same thing and ashamed I did not think of this solution.

How dare you! What an unscrupulous individual! You don't deserve to hobby you......WHORE!!!

I am so appalled, I will not suggest that you could always establish a seperate bank account to get a portion of your pay (if you're w2 based) sent directly there. I won't instruct you to set up an account for her to send her some spending cash too and you probably won't have any issues. I won't tell you that, for an explanation of the lower pay you can always go to the tried and true benefits increase and/or paycut. Well, there you have it you filthy adulterer, I will not tell you such things to facilitate your iniquitous behavior. Shame on you! SHAME! Originally Posted by DarkeyKong
wife has no business monitoring your ATM withdrawals
  • grean
  • 07-12-2016, 09:54 AM
Potential problems with a separate account or ctedit card to be aware of. If you can dodge then you are golden.

The new account, if at your current bank will probably attached and be viewable on line together with your other accounts. Your wife will see it.

New bank will most certainly send mail to your address at some point even if you go "green". Some times it's unavoidable.

The same thing with a credit card

Most don't accept PO boxes that I know of, at least.