Take the Mensa workout test.

I didn't take the whole test; about 1/2 of the questions in a few minutes of time.....88%. Originally Posted by Whirlaway
Ya it doesn't work that way. U get credit for the ones you answered right within the 30min time frame. You don't get extra credit for "finishing" quickly or skipping questions. What you just proposed makes absolutely no sense.
Whirly was probably taking the "Little Lebowski Urban Achievers" test ...and thought it was the Mensa.
I didn't say a "couple of minutes'.....and I answered the first 17 questions and got 15 correct in about 7 minutes time...then quit the test = 88%.

I try to avoid saying anyone is full of shit, but as I had tried the test twice I was curious how the results you claim could have been obtained. So I took the test again, fully remembering the answers, and correctly answered half of them in just a couple minutes time. I then hit grade and I got 50%.

Sometimes you can't avoid doing what you don't want to do. I don't doubt you could achieve an 88% sir, but to get that result by doing about half in a couple minutes is a bullshit claim. Originally Posted by JohnnyCap
Ya I don't think the test makers at MENSA are in the habit of giving high scores for half ass effort. I didn't finish all the questions on the test nor did I take all the time allotted but I still got an 88%.

You ain't gotta lie to kick it.
Its not based on your time except that you need to finish before the 30min is up.

That is like someone saying I finished one question in one minute then skipped the rest and got 100% Go me!
I didn't say a "couple of minutes'.....and I answered the first 17 questions and got 15 correct in about 7 minutes time...then quit the test = 88%. Originally Posted by Whirlaway
You're right, you said "half the questions in a few minutes".

Sorry, major error on my part: couple of/a few....how could I have fucked that one up?
Johnny is right. You would have gotten 50% bc u finished half the test (assuming they were all correct). You don't get credit for the questions you skipped. What test taking world does this exist in? I'm gonna take my GRE there. Woohoo!!!
I answered the first 17 questions and got 15 correct in about 7 minutes time...then quit the test = 88%. Originally Posted by Whirlaway
then why not finish it?
56. I clicked grade at 30 minutes and had only one wrong but only through 18 questions. If you do it that way, don't scroll through the results if you want to try again, as it does give the answers. I did it again; I did miss two, probably three; I saw an answer I'm not sure I'd have gotten. Originally Posted by JohnnyCap
I didn't take the whole test; about 1/2 of the questions in a few minutes of time.....88%. Originally Posted by Whirlaway
I didn't say a "couple of minutes'.....and I answered the first 17 questions and got 15 correct in about 7 minutes time...then quit the test = 88%. Originally Posted by Whirlaway
I'll grant you said few, not couple, but my grade just went from Mensa 56 to Whirlaway 94. Sweet!
40 years ago I was a member of American Mensa Ltd., now I am afraid to take the test. LOL
OK, hotshots! Let us see who's the first to come up with an answer to this one:

What very common 11-letter word is spelled incorrectly by virtually all well-educated people?
Incorrectly.
OK, hotshots! Let us see who's the first to come up with an answer to this one:

What very common 11-letter word is spelled incorrectly by virtually all well-educated people? Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight
"incorrectly"
Feeling insecure Captain? Your parameters could get you more than one answer. Any 11 letter word in common usage and routinely mispelled and probably used by mostly educated people. So which answer are you looking for? Is it an English word or French? Thousands of choices Captain. "VICHYSSOISE", "POLITICISED", or "INCORRECTLY".

So much for the joke...
So much for the joke... Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
...so much for understanding the question.