What are your hard lessons learned?

Remember that the "I" in IOP is an ILLUSION!
  • BJerk
  • 11-16-2013, 06:07 PM
My observations:

1. A large number of the ladies on here are intelligent, honest, and nice.
2. An longer term emotional connection (not to be mistaken for love but consider it two people who have sex and like each others company but don't want to get married to each other) can trump any number of "rules" that apply to the average customer.
3. If 300 dollars is a lot of money to you, you will probably think you deserve more than you are paying for and it will create friction. Consider all the girl has to do for the money, the risks she is taking, and whether or not you would venture out at night to have sex with a guy who is 50% bigger than you are. $300 for an hour of a pretty girl's time who would otherwise ignore you is what it is - don't abuse it or put them in a position where they have to defensively act like a bitch.
4. If her pictures don't show her entire body from multiple angles, there is a reason for that. She may be nice and talented, and a great experience, but if you need them young and hot, they will show it to you.
5. Treat the girl the way you would want someone else to treat your own daughter that you love, if she worked in the business. They all hopefully have someone who loves them, too. They are valuable human beings and I for one am grateful they work in this business and take the risks that they do.
Question...I see a lot of you mention using a hobby phone. I feel like for me, it would be infinitely harder to explain an extra phone if it was discovered, than a random text or something from a provider. I could just claim a wrong number in that instance. So what are the major reasons for using a hobby phone? Originally Posted by greyengland
If you can't risk having the 2nd phone discovered, use Google Voice. There are infinite ways that having your real world phone number in the hands of a provider (or another hobbyist, for that matter) will ruin your life.

Example: her SO gets pissed and decides to start calling her customers, or posting phone numbers on the internet.

This shit happens. Don't be that guy it happens to.
My observations:

1. A large number of the ladies on here are intelligent, honest, and nice.
2. An longer term emotional connection (not to be mistaken for love but consider it two people who have sex and like each others company but don't want to get married to each other) can trump any number of "rules" that apply to the average customer.
3. If 300 dollars is a lot of money to you, you will probably think you deserve more than you are paying for and it will create friction. Consider all the girl has to do for the money, the risks she is taking, and whether or not you would venture out at night to have sex with a guy who is 50% bigger than you are. $300 for an hour of a pretty girl's time who would otherwise ignore you is what it is - don't abuse it or put them in a position where they have to defensively act like a bitch.
4. If her pictures don't show her entire body from multiple angles, there is a reason for that. She may be nice and talented, and a great experience, but if you need them young and hot, they will show it to you.
5. Treat the girl the way you would want someone else to treat your own daughter that you love, if she worked in the business. They all hopefully have someone who loves them, too. They are valuable human beings and I for one am grateful they work in this business and take the risks that they do. Originally Posted by Bert Jones
Bert, wise words and great advice.
-If the provider does not clearly show her stomach, in pictures, she is hiding something.
-If the provider does not clearly show her boobies, in pictures, they are probably saggers.
-If the pictures look dated, they are.
-If the provider does not have face pics, understand you may be disappointed.
-The provider will only look as good as her worst picture.
-If the provider is running more than 30 min late, she will be more focused on her real life problems than you. Be strong and reschedule.
-Don't believe everything you read in a review......unless they are mine, of course.
-Don't link your P411 handle to your ECCIE handle.
-If you are running a special, clearly state what it is. Don't make the guy ask.
-It costs much less to retain a current customer than to get a new one. Run the numbers ladies. You would be golden if you could get a mere 30 guys to see you on a monthly basis. Treat the guy so good that he wants to come back.
-No matter what you do you will always run into people that are assholes. Just move on.
-It costs much less to retain a current customer than to get a new one. Run the numbers ladies. You would be golden if you could get a mere 30 guys to see you on a monthly basis. Treat the guy so good that he wants to come back. Originally Posted by TheAngryHobbyist
I think the prevailing philosophy is that it takes effort or work to make a client want to come back -- whether it's a blow-his-mind (pun intended) session, treating him like you value him or his business, or making a business-retention effort after a session.

Compared to that, copying and pasting ad text is easy.
Wow - there are so many valuable things posted on this thread. And I sincerely mean that.

There are 2 prevailing pieces of advice that stand out to me - one for the Providers and another for the Hobbyists.

**For the Providers**

If you meet a hobbyist that is someone you would like to see again - being a sweet girl, finding out what he likes to do or have done are fairly easy things to determine. To me, meeting a provider that is sweet, fun, articulate, sexual and sexy who treats me well for the time with her will have me coming back over and over again.

We men are VERY simple creatures... I can only speak for myself here - but as I venture longer and longer into hobbying. I find that I am spending more and more time really thinking about which provider I want to see. I want to know what is / is not on the menu, I want to see clear pictures, I want to know if you have body art/hardware (I'm not a big fan), Not because I have to be careful with my $ - I have the $. What I don't have is the time -and time, to me is my most valuable commodity in my life right now.

Plus if you think about it - wouldn't you (as a provider) prefer to have a solid hobbyist that you know is legit, not psycho, who will you see you on a regular basis and the more times you see him the sex should (In theory) only get better - plus you're getting paid and if he isn't half bad looking then it's a win/win.

**For the Hobbyists**
Always keep in mind that providers first and foremost are humans...they are women, they are someone's mom, daughter, sister, aunt, friend etc.
Why they have chosen to do this is not our business and it's not easy dealing with the multitude of f-tards out there.
So be respectful, be a gentlemen, arrive on time, have impeccable hygiene, be nice, respect the providers limitations, and most of all have fun.
Lastly...when I'm with a provider I forget she's a provider and pretend she is a civilian I just met and I'm about to fuck for the first time - because you never get a second chance to make a first impression.

Ok..that's my soapbox...
Sorry - I know I totally digressed from the OP. I just started and typing and was in the "zone" for a minute..

Wow - there are so many valuable things posted on this thread. And I sincerely mean that.

There are 2 prevailing pieces of advice that stand out to me - one for the Providers and another for the Hobbyists.

**For the Providers**

If you meet a hobbyist that is someone you would like to see again - being a sweet girl, finding out what he likes to do or have done are fairly easy things to determine. To me, meeting a provider that is sweet, fun, articulate, sexual and sexy who treats me well for the time with her will have me coming back over and over again.

We men are VERY simple creatures... I can only speak for myself here - but as I venture longer and longer into hobbying. I find that I am spending more and more time really thinking about which provider I want to see. I want to know what is / is not on the menu, I want to see clear pictures, I want to know if you have body art/hardware (I'm not a big fan), Not because I have to be careful with my $ - I have the $. What I don't have is the time -and time, to me is my most valuable commodity in my life right now.

Plus if you think about it - wouldn't you (as a provider) prefer to have a solid hobbyist that you know is legit, not psycho, who will you see you on a regular basis and the more times you see him the sex should (In theory) only get better - plus you're getting paid and if he isn't half bad looking then it's a win/win.

**For the Hobbyists**
Always keep in mind that providers first and foremost are humans...they are women, they are someone's mom, daughter, sister, aunt, friend etc.
Why they have chosen to do this is not our business and it's not easy dealing with the multitude of f-tards out there.
So be respectful, be a gentlemen, arrive on time, have impeccable hygiene, be nice, respect the providers limitations, and most of all have fun.
Lastly...when I'm with a provider I forget she's a provider and pretend she is a civilian I just met and I'm about to fuck for the first time - because you never get a second chance to make a first impression.

Ok..that's my soapbox... Originally Posted by SNL9933
That I'm still black, no matter how much money or education that I have.
That I'm still black, no matter how much money or education that I have. Originally Posted by Rambro Creed
Ouch. I know the feeling. Native Americans aren't well received either. Glad you still hang in there.
That was his dumb ass mistake...if you don't like steak don't go to Morton's.

Me - I'm Italian so we L-O-V-E- our women with curves and something to hold on to ..ijs Originally Posted by SNL9933
I LOVE ITALIANS! I know holidays you put on a solid 20lbs!
I'll add another: If your ad has an e-mail link or address, check it. If you find that writing the same responses over and over is tedious, either drop the e-mail link, or use any of several ways to store boilerplate responses. Same goes for ECCIE and P411 -- unless your ad specifies that you don't check e-mail or PMs, you should do so, if only once a day, and respond.
1. Staying UTR as much as you can.
2. That some of the ladies (new to hobby) take things to far and cross the line. Believe it or not, it's happened more than once. The line between fantasy and reality is thin.
3. If a provider starts asking personal things between visits and acting like she is interested in you as more than a John, run, run and run!
Count the money first

lol

Happy hobbying!
That I'm still black, no matter how much money or education that I have. Originally Posted by Rambro Creed