‘If you’re a good worker, papers don’t matter’: How a Trump construction crew has relied on immigrants without legal status

God told me to tell you to fill out DD Form 2019 if you have any further complaints. Please do not check other as it is not applicable to you. After you fill out the form and have your crying fit Mystic -- you may scurry along. Thank you for your participation.
God told me to tell you to fill out DD Form 2019 if you have any further complaints. Please do not check other as it is not applicable to you. After you fill out the form and have your crying fit Mystic -- you may scurry along. Thank you for your participation. Originally Posted by Austin Ellen
Hummm??? God talks to you a lot Moscow Ellen. Gayness, Butthurt reports? I see that you and Trump do have a lot in common
Ummmmmm, you do know most employers back in the day hired illegals. It was easy to do under previous administrations.

The company I used to work for hired illegals. A lot of companies in Austin did. But now -under the Trump administration - that's a no no. Originally Posted by Austin Ellen
Are you saying that this became illegal only since Trump began savaging refugees?
Huh? What refugees? What country do you live in?

Are you saying that this became illegal only since Trump began savaging refugees? Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Are you saying that this became illegal only since Trump began savaging refugees? Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
She's not the sharpest knife in the drawer YR. She went from unemployed for 8 years under Obama to wealthy in one year of Trump. Pretty big credibility gap
Yes, and he told me to tell you it's ok to be gay.
I support gay rights.

Hummm??? God talks to you a lot Moscow Ellen. Gayness, Butthurt reports? I see that you and Trump do have a lot in common Originally Posted by themystic
That's gotta be a real drag. You and your boyfriend can only communicate on here. I support gay rights.

She's not the sharpest knife in the drawer YR. She went from unemployed for 8 years under Obama to wealthy in one year of Trump. Pretty big credibility gap Originally Posted by themystic
  • oeb11
  • 08-10-2019, 09:36 AM
Methinks One's loyalty is with the revolutionary guards of Iran

And Support for Iran and radical Islamists makes it very clear.
I am glad you asked, bb. I am often asked (recently, more than ever) if all of my employees are documented and legal. I have never been required to show proof to the potential customer, but they have every right to demand it if they so desire. If they ever do, then I will then cross that bridge when I come to it. That's where it currently lies. It could change any day. Or not. Originally Posted by Lapdog
He asked me how it works. I told him how it works. I didn't dodge shit. You don't know if I'm breaking the law or not. You don't know who I am hiring and you don't know what I pay. And you certainly don't have what it takes to tell me whose ass to kiss. You said that you were a businessman, too. I think you're a wannabe. Originally Posted by Lapdog
I didn't even bring up Trump in my post. You are imagining that. Trump's subcontractors can be required to show proof of their employees' legality and presence in this country, if their contractors so desire. If Trump himself wants to pursue it, he can do so himself, but I bet he doesn't. That is the reason for my answer to Levianon. Originally Posted by Lapdog
I am sure you're correct, but he could check if he wanted to, and that's where I use the hypocrisy card. He talks the talk, but he doesn't walk the walk. You and I both know this. I'm sure that many of his employees slip through the cracks. I know from personal experience how easily this is possible. Originally Posted by Lapdog
That's a pretty funny series of posts from someone with the nobility to say they won't and never have done business with someone who has ever declared bankruptcy.

Bankruptcy is legal isn't it?

But you don't seem to have a problem with doing business with those who actually break the law with the hiring of illegals, and while you haven't admitted directly to it, it seem you have had your "share" of those working "illegally" for you as well.

Well, good morning eccieloser. How's my favorite little paranoid misfit this morning?
Well, good morning eccieloser. How's my favorite little paranoid misfit this morning? Originally Posted by Lapdog
It's afternoon for me already, but overall doing well thank you. I'm simply waiting for your next gaffe in your noble business lifestyle.

I find it interesting that those who continue to denigrate Trump end up excusing the exact the same behavior that he did as a business man. Yet then throw the hypocritical card at him for speaking out against it as POTUS.
It's afternoon for me already, but overall doing well thank you. I'm simply waiting for your next gaffe in your noble business lifestyle.

I find it interesting that those who continue to denigrate Trump end up excusing the exact the same behavior that he did as a business man. Yet then throw the hypocritical card at him for speaking out against it as POTUS. Originally Posted by eccielover
I know. It is interesting.
I know. It is interesting. Originally Posted by Lapdog
And Partisan left wing politics.
That too, junior.