All the CANCELATIONS !!!!

I wonder, Elisabeth, if the increase in cancellations is a function of more demanding work schedules now that the economy is back on track. That's always been somewhat a problem for me, just because of the nature of my job, but I can see an increase in general business activity, too. It would not surprise me if many professional men are having a bit of a challenge juggling work and play. Originally Posted by TinMan
One of the reasons why I've been worried about business being slow is that I've lost a lot of my long terms regulars due to retirement, or wives retiring and keeping up with them more, or just job changes. And of course, many men play around for awhile and then leave the hobby. That happens, too.

And it's affected my bottom line because attrition is part of every business, I realize that, but it's becoming more difficult to replace those clients.

Well ... to give you an example, Tinman, I have 2 guys who are in that situation. Both, I used to see on a very regular basis.

One, he's traveling more and his time limitations have just dramatically changed. And he'll have to cancel, sometimes, at the last minute. He's fine. I understand. We communicate well. And I know that his time isn't his own.

And gosh ... he also knows that I miss him terribly.

The other person has a job that is in a delicate balance right now. And he's always changing his schedule. I understand that.

But communication is key. It's one thing to rearrange your schedule and reschedule an appointment.

It's a damn ANOTHER thing to make an appointment with someone who I've bartered with, gone out and broken bread with, and just known this person for ages, and he makes an appointment for 4 AM and then, doesn't have the courtesy to even call me to cancel.. OR not show up.

It's just rude.

And like Grace mentioned above, it's been rampant.

I'm thrilled that there are ladies who aren't having this issue. But several of us are.

And it goes further than a man contacting 2 or 3 ladies and doing a little shopping around. That's to be expected.
Yeah, the 4am thing particularly sucks. I hope he realizes most reasonable people would find that aggravating (at the least) and either makes it up to you or offers a really good explanation.
Yeah, the 4am thing particularly sucks. I hope he realizes most reasonable people would find that aggravating (at the least) and either makes it up to you or offers a really good explanation. Originally Posted by TinMan
Sometimes, even older people change.

No, he never made it up to me. He moved from Dallas a few years back. And I understand that things happen. However, it was the second time that he made an appointment, and didn't make it, in as many months.

He's an anomaly at this point because if he tried to see me again, I would be tempted to say yes, even with the ncns. I've known him forever.

However, some of the cancellations, and no call and no showing, have been from guys that I've seen before and a few of them, are just serial cancellation guys.

One guy, well I told him a few days ago to quit scheduling with me. He never has made a single appointment that he's scheduled for.

Then another one, a good 30 minute guy, saw him for the first time in a year or 2, thought he would be good again ... and then, he ncns'd me a few weeks ago. That's after scheduling a 30 minute appointment like 50 minutes in advanced.

He could have called or texted me that his plans had changed.

When he called last week for an appointment? I declined it. And you know what? I could have used those funds but why bother? He's stood me up a few times in the past. What would cause him to wish to show up this time?

Anyway ... it's annoying. And becoming more common even with us older ladies who have been around for awhile.

EW
Well you are just a lucky girl. You should play the lottery girl. Originally Posted by Tara Evans
LOL…I do sometimes. One time I got lucky enough to have 3 numbers matching!!! But then it's the wrong draw date. DAMMITTTT!!!! LOL
NCNS and cancellations are two different things.

It's one thing to have a cancellation; life just happens. However, it's a bit of an offense to have a NCNS. I've done this before to a hobbyist, and now I know the feeling as well.

But beyond that, I have learned so much and Karma can be a real ****.

Even though I am understanding about cancellations, I do have a "3 Strike" policy. I believe in the philosophy of Sweet Georgia Brown, "Ain't nobody got time for THAT!". Three cancellations in a row is never a good sign when it comes to time management and obligations.

In the end, I can only judge a man by his word.

However, its a slap in the face to have a NCNS. Unless the other party died in a horrible accident on the way to my incall (God Forbid), then they should have the decency to at least give a heads up if they can't make the appointment.
BSB....As beautiful as a woman that you are wonderful thoughts are going through a mans mind just thinking of spending time together....
Alyson, when this occurs, do you post an ad on P411 stating immediate availability for a certain time period? There are guys like me that peruse those ads when we find that we have some free time.
Make sure to post the incall location in the ad title to further entice nearby gents. Originally Posted by TinMan
+1
Have that t-shirt.

There have been more and more cancellations, and ncns's, in the past several months than I've had combined in the past few years. Something is in the water.

Last month, I went to a lot of trouble to meet a regular at 4 AM. We arranged the time. Confirmed late in the evening the night before. This was a big deal for me because I keep regular business hours and rarely see someone super early in the morning like this.

I actually got to my incall late the night before, slept there, and got up at 3 AM to get ready for him.

At 4:10 AM, I sent him a text. He said that he couldn't make it. At 4:15 AM that morning, I felt like strangling someone!

This is someone that I've been seeing for several years but I hadn't seen him in several months but still, he was a regular (and a friend) in my book. Not a "sorry" or a "fuck you, Elisabeth" or nothing. And I haven't seen him since.

Just absolutely surprising. And it's happened like that a few times lately. Although, that was the only middle-of-the-night one that did that.

Sorry it happened to you. I can only imagine that it's the glutted market that is causing some men to behave poorly because I guess, they think that they can?

NCNS's are just inexcusable, for females and/or males. Originally Posted by ElisabethWhispers
Girl get it out!(: vent on!!! I feel the same way. It's insanely frustrating. >.<
I was booked for a two hour appointment tonight and he canceled on me using some excuse, he has done this to me several times ! I'm now completely done trying with him he wasted my time and space In my messages! Ugh!!! I turned down appointments for him because he promised he was going to see me!!! I was able to see a great guy though so at least the night wasn't a total flop. When guys pull this stupid crap it makes me appreciate the good guys . I know nobody is perfect and life happens but seriously it gets tiring he wants to text all the time but uses excuses when its time to hangout. He's in block because he's not worth my time
Yes even here in NOLA, we are seeing a rash of NCNS and cancellations. I suppose it is because the guys have gotten away with it so many times, they feel like it is no big deal to them.

I had a guy that schedule the night before for the next day, that I have seen before many times, and then out of the blue he just didn't call or show up. I will have to wait and see if he contacts me again to make it up to me or not, but if he doesn't do so I will just put him on my DNS list.

That is why I don't pre book appointments. I would rather they just call me the day of and hope our schedules can mesh.

M.M.
NCNS and cancellations are nut-drivers. Nothing like having a bad day like getting a reminder (call/text) about a session being cancelled when you are minutes away from the incall. This thing happen to me twice within the past two weeks. It gives you a horse's ass feeling.shit like this causes suspicion to the curious including rl friends. Who wants le behind you?
Here's a related question. First of all, I have never NCNS'd a provider, ever. But in the past I admit that I have sent multiple appointment requests for the same time slot. The reason is that I find that even using P411 appointment requests or the eccie PM system, where it's obvious who you probably are, I tend to get no response either yes or no from more than half the providers (if I haven't seen them before), especially if I send the request too far in advance (more than a couple of days). Yet if I wait until the last minute, and don't get a response from the first and maybe even second provider I contact, then I'm stuck without an appointment. This is especially unsettling when I'm traveling to another city. I used to figure, first one who responds, I'm in, and then re-contact the others that my plans have changed. I was cured of this one time when a lady in Denver that I cancelled on found the review I had done of the other provider I had seen and called me out on it. Any suggestions for this kind of problem that are fair to provider and hobbyist alike? Originally Posted by White Tiger

I believe Tinman hit the nail on the head. Perhaps instead of an actual apt request, just send a pm stating you MAY be interested in a certain day and time, but will confirm as soon as you can. I am only speaking on this because I had it happen to me today. When I pm'd to confirm, he then said had actually sent out multiple request and had already committed to some one else. The best question was if it would be ok if I was plan B. Yes of course it is, but please do not expect me to put my schedule on hold to be your just incase. I would not have minded if communication was there, but it wasn't. Communication is key!
Each of us guys hobbies in our own way...

I've been very active in the hobby for the last couple of years and would never consider pulling a NCNS on a provider. There have been only 1 or 2 instances when I had to cancel or reschedule and then I let the lady know the minute I was aware of it....usually days ahead of the scheduled appointment.

My success and abundance of great fun in the hobby has been largely a result of the research and homework on providers that I do ahead of time. If I see even a hint that a provider might flake on me from her reviews, posts, etc. I won't even bother trying to schedule. I've never felt like I needed a Plan B because I'm almost always confident that Plan A will work out just fine.

Just as I would expect a provider to screen and do her research I can't imagine a guy not doing the same thing. Makes for great fun and good sessions.

I'll stop rambling now....hobby on Garth.