Sexual harassment

• Luxie
  • 11-24-2017, 07:42 AM
If it's real then it's fucking wrong. Period. It just amazes me that most of them waited 30 to 40 years to claim this right when the person became powerful or was running for office. I would love to see the increase in their bank accounts for most of them. The statute of limitations has run out for anything being a crime this far down the road so political or occupational destruction is the only point now. Originally Posted by burkalini
I don’t think people who haven’t experienced rape or sexual assault realize how difficult it is to report it. Not only is it incredibly invasive (which is not something you want to experience after already being traumatized) but most of the time it results in nothing being done.

Now, if I ever see the men (yes, plural) that raped me running for office and being put in a position of power I’d absolutely speak out. But I’ve also gotten stronger since those events and it’s something I could handle now. Back then? Maybe not so much. But I am betting this is the case for most women who are coming out now.
there's a much broader topic than sexual harassment that needs to be addressed, but is related.. that is, the fact that females can not go many places alone, or at certain times during the day.. when I say "can not", I don't mean literally, of course, but it's a decision a girl or woman makes, based on the perceived danger if she goes.

everyone knows and understands this as fact.. yet it's seen as "just the way it is", I don't understand why US Society is so silent on a topic that is so crippling.

take Vietnam, for example.. a female can go anywhere alone and not be assaulted, and at any time of day.. because the social and criminal penalties are so high, no one would dare violate the laws and customs. why we don't demand such a system here boggles my mind, frankly. ironically, the victims themselves (women) are the most opposed to tougher criminal sanctions.
I don’t think people who haven’t experienced rape or sexual assault realize how difficult it is to report it. Not only is it incredibly invasive (which is not something you want to experience after already being traumatized) but most of the time it results in nothing being done.

Now, if I ever see the men (yes, plural) that raped me running for office and being put in a position of power I’d absolutely speak out. But I’ve also gotten stronger since those events and it’s something I could handle now. Back then? Maybe not so much. But I am betting this is the case for most women who are coming out now. Originally Posted by Luxie
[B]Most of these are not rape charges. Most of them are inapropriate behavior. I am absolutely not condoning any non invited sexual behavior in any manner but everyone assumes guilt because of the charge and the fact that they are famous in one way or another. The charges are coming out in bunches now all at the same time. Most of them are many many years ago. Do I think some are guilty. Yes. The odds will insure that just by the amount of different people who are charged. Do I think some of these ladies are being coached politically. Yes. Do I think some are being compensated. Yes. I respect women completely but I do have some modicum of intelligence and it tells me that some of this is political bullshit. Weinstein I believe is guilty. Some of the others may have patted an ass 30 years ago and while it's wrong it doesn't deserve to end their careers over.
I am so sorry for what happened to you and understand the way you feel

[/B]
t because the social and criminal penalties are so high, no one would dare violate the laws and customs. why we don't demand such a system here boggles my mind, frankly. ironically, the victims themselves (women) are the most opposed to tougher criminal sanctions. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
AND that is imo all down to libtards watering down our justice system to where its a bloody joke.. You can kill a kitten and get more punishment in some areas, than you would get for beating up a cop, sexually assaulting a woman and driving drunk 8 times in a bloody row..