Rate Reality

I used to go to fancy restaurants, for the service and food that was never 10 times as good as my kitchen or the place down the street. After a meal like that in San Francisco one time a "famous person" said to me "Well, that was pretty good, especially since somebody else paid for it, but tomorrow morning my asshole isn't going to know it took a $300 shit, so next time let's just go to the deli where the beer is colder and the waitresses are friendly."

What? No Features/Advantages/Benefits bullshit in a price driven marketplace? I've seen some "I'm worth it" type comments, to be expected, but the whole "risk factor" thing is out of left field. The only thing at risk is your inventory (yourself), and if losing that, or it's ability to be active and productive is an issue then insure your sexual orifices at Lloyd's of London, don't ask your customers to share the cost of self insured risk with you, based on some patently ridiculous pretense. Supply and demand? There's pussy at every price point. A person can purchase a nice, reliable, personally satisfying "thing", or they can buy a difficult to find expensive to maintain, high priced personally satisfying "thing". Because "thing" is out there at any price point. Here's the real spanner in that quantifying process...a person can buy a Ralph Lauren Polo at Ross, TJ Maxx, Amazon or other "off price" merchants as easily as paying retail. One need only set a budget and do their research. Somebody will always have a decent sale on a very satisfying "thing". So charge what you want at the risk of being underbid by merchants of equitable product, or ignored by shoppers with a ceiling for said product. It doesn't matter. There's a manufacturing rule (myth) that you can sell 400 of anything. So if you can retire after 400, fine, if you can turn any of the 400 into repeat business, start a retirement fund.

This has nothing to do with supply and demand. There will always be horn dogs with free time and too much money, and there will always be wimmin to help them lighten their wallets. And there will always be solace for the working man, and wimmin for them as well, cause momma didn't raise no fools on either side of the fence. Originally Posted by phildo

Finally, a sensible and realistic post that recognizes the laws of economics can NEVER be interpreted to the letter. Real world conditions, motivations and emotions are impossible to quantify as an exact science, ESPECIALLY in the hobby world.
No, you're trying to justify higher rates through a risk premium theory. But hobbyists aren't paying more to offset a potential economic catastrophe for the provider. And providers are not charging above-market-prices to insure themselves against lost earning potential or damages from emotional distress.

Hobbyists are paying more for scarcity and exclusivity. Providers can charge more to offset her lost opportunities. For instance, taking fewer clients to maintain mental and physical well-being or turning away undesirable clients because they are potentially dangerous. That ... and a higher quality of service derived from better physique (gym and fitness regiment), intellectual acumen (college+), and specialized skill sets.

In effect, we pay more so you have the luxury of saying no. Originally Posted by omakase
BINGO, OMAKASE!!! BINGO!!! Sounds like you and I are on the same page on many things....except the geek thing...hehe!!! But it's ok....I date geeks all the time but not TOO geeky. There's only so much geekiness I can take. :-)
I used to go to fancy restaurants, for the service and food that was never 10 times as good as my kitchen or the place down the street. After a meal like that in San Francisco one time a "famous person" said to me "Well, that was pretty good, especially since somebody else paid for it, but tomorrow morning my asshole isn't going to know it took a $300 shit, so next time let's just go to the deli where the beer is colder and the waitresses are friendly."

What? No Features/Advantages/Benefits bullshit in a price driven marketplace? I've seen some "I'm worth it" type comments, to be expected, but the whole "risk factor" thing is out of left field. The only thing at risk is your inventory (yourself), and if losing that, or it's ability to be active and productive is an issue then insure your sexual orifices at Lloyd's of London, don't ask your customers to share the cost of self insured risk with you, based on some patently ridiculous pretense. Supply and demand? There's pussy at every price point. A person can purchase a nice, reliable, personally satisfying "thing", or they can buy a difficult to find expensive to maintain, high priced personally satisfying "thing". Because "thing" is out there at any price point. Here's the real spanner in that quantifying process...a person can buy a Ralph Lauren Polo at Ross, TJ Maxx, Amazon or other "off price" merchants as easily as paying retail. One need only set a budget and do their research. Somebody will always have a decent sale on a very satisfying "thing". So charge what you want at the risk of being underbid by merchants of equitable product, or ignored by shoppers with a ceiling for said product. It doesn't matter. There's a manufacturing rule (myth) that you can sell 400 of anything. So if you can retire after 400, fine, if you can turn any of the 400 into repeat business, start a retirement fund.

This has nothing to do with supply and demand. There will always be horn dogs with free time and too much money, and there will always be wimmin to help them lighten their wallets. And there will always be solace for the working man, and wimmin for them as well, cause momma didn't raise no fools on either side of the fence. Originally Posted by phildo
What a crock of contradictions.
You got ADD Woods, or what? The marketplace will always be full of options, and everyone who participates on either side will exercise them. There's no contradiction. You want the Big Chief version, PM me.

Ok, I'm not saying confrontational risks solely drive rates. That's absurd. I'm saying there's an aspect of risk I have faced a handful of times and I haven't seen it talked about. And again, perhaps there's a reason for it.
The most likely reason for complaints is they want to see the lady but can't afford her. Enough can that she does just fine without them.

We all have our financial limitations. I just wish I had Daaaaman's hobby budget. Originally Posted by OldGrump
I can only imagine the risk that the girls take who only charge 40 bucks I mean anyone who works at McDonald's can afford that. ... Talk about RISKY

You have to be top-notch to be able to demand more... That means work out, keep a clean decorative incall, be on time, be in a good mood, etc, etc, despite what people think AnyBody CANNOT do this job.

Hmm right for instance, taking fewer customers to maintain mental and physical well-being or turning away undesirable customers because they are very dangerous. That ... and a better service quality derived from better physique like gym and fitness regiment, intellectual expertise and specialized skills...... Originally Posted by Davi43
It's driven by supply and demand. For instance, I see a provider who here (on ECCIE) charges a higher rate than she does on another advertising place. It's pretty easy to tell you which rate I used for reference. That being said, most of these ladies are pretty darn fair I think and some definitely worth a price premium because of who they are (as a provider and their personality).

While this place (ECCIE) is moderately entertaining and you can read reviews that are usually skewed, there is no real assurance of quality, safety or much else in the big scheme of things and that's the rub. This hobby is a risky venture for all involved and I do agree the lady bears the greatest risk by bringing some of these odd asswipes (I see posting here occasionally) here into a private room alone.

Play safe, enjoy and just try to keep it all in perspective.
You got ADD Woods, or what? The marketplace will always be full of options, and everyone who participates on either side will exercise them. There's no contradiction. You want the Big Chief version, PM me. Originally Posted by phildo
You defined demand (people willing to pay), then conclude it has nothing to do with supply and demand. Good job.

Other than that, it was dramatic, overly wordy, repetitious and probably just skimmed over by most. I thought that was the Big Chief version.
THN> your risk plays a role in what you get paid but I would venture to say a very small role. I base my decision of what to pay on what matters to ME. I frankly don't think about whether it's fair to pay you X because you're taking on a higher risk than if you were at the hospital working a nursing shift.

I think it was omakase that said we pay higher so you can have the luxury of seeing less of us. I would add to that and say you would have to have things that matter to ME that match my desire of paying that high premium. And generally speaking those things include your looks, your attitude and your "skills" lol. Inherently, I know you are taking on a risk (so am I), but if in fact you are a pro, I know you will have taken care of the risk as part of the customer value you offer me.
I know that OP really hoped to talk about confrontational risks as opposed to market equilibrium. Granted, it's an odd way to spin a topic. Whether this conversation will turn another direction or whether its better to start a new thread, I'll leave up to the OP and Dallas mods.

The reason why nobody talks about confrontation is because its an admission to poor decisions. Providers put a lot of trust into another person. They assume that the client will value discretion and practice covert protocols (hobby phone, etc.). Nobody (on either side) wants to meet a RW SO. So to admit that your SO confronted a provider is tantamount to black balling yourself. After all, what idiot allows a SO to discover the hobby AND then allow them to track down his past providers. That's just a labeling yourself as a safety risk.

The protocol when you've outed yourself to your SO ought to be withdraw immediately, terminate all access, delete all references, and (IMO) protect the community. Self Exile for the preservation of the Group. Hence, no one should be left to discuss this topic.
I've never really factored risks into my pricing scheme as I already assume there is a level of risks. I try to avoid alot of that risk by thorough screening. I have factored in experience in the business/hobby, overall skill set, education level, physical fitness, my expenses, time investment (not just during appointments, but things such as screening/scheduling), maintaining a safe/discreet incall, assurance to clients that I maintain discretion. There's alot that goes into, I feel I price my service accordingly.

Unfortunately, some people don't see or don't care about the value of that and those are people I don't see anyway.

The reason why nobody talks about confrontation is because its an admission to poor decisions. Providers put a lot of trust into another person. They assume that the client will value discretion and practice covert protocols (hobby phone, etc.). Nobody (on either side) wants to meet a RW SO. So to admit that your SO confronted a provider is tantamount to black balling yourself. After all, what idiot allows a SO to discover the hobby AND then allow them to track down his past providers. That's just a labeling yourself as a safety risk.

The protocol when you've outed yourself to your SO ought to be withdraw immediately, terminate all access, delete all references, and (IMO) protect the community. Self Exile for the preservation of the Group. Hence, no one should be left to discuss this topic. Originally Posted by omakase
Thank you. I think you were able to articulate it much better than I did.
Simple economics is never simple. That's why markets...real markets...not the kind even so-called conservative politicians advocate are so miraculous and equitable. I've had sessions where I felt overcharged, for sure. But I've had many more after which I felt either very satisfied with my investment of both time and money, and more than a few after which I felt obligated to pay a bit more...and did.
Going to Walmart, I can get one for $5. It may not be fashionable, it may not be stylish, but hell, I only spent $5 - and I've got more money to spend elsewhere. Low and inconsistent quality, low service, but low price. Backpage ladies are often an example of this. $ or less - and it is all hit or miss, YMMV. Originally Posted by dookie
You forgot to consider what your time is worth.

What if Walmart offers that low-priced shirt at a particular location which they will identify when you get in the neighborhood, and then you can't get through to them for 40 minutes after you get to the vicinity? LOL!

You have the money, she has the product, but the meeting up is where I see a lot of hobbyist stress and complaints occurring. They can't just drive to the location and make the exchange.
The most likely reason for complaints is they want to see the lady but can't afford her. Enough can that she does just fine without them.

We all have our financial limitations. I just wish I had Daaaaman's hobby budget. Originally Posted by OldGrump
+1