Kim Potter trial...any predictions? No LL, not after the verdict.

wokesters circle jerking over throwing cops in jail and defunding the Police! Wats dat gotcha???????hmmmmm????
Staggering high crime rates is what!

Thats ok! Were rooting out the soros backed da's and others responsible! Republicans WILL restore law n' order.
Well...I'll be damn.

The jury has spoken.

Gotta respect that.

Damn...she really stopped him because he had a air freshener on his windshield! Crazy. Originally Posted by WTF
Yeah, he was a real peach

https://www.foxnews.com/us/kim-potte...ctim-interview
But then it escalated when Wright had no drivers license, no proof of insurance, and did indeed have an outstanding felony warrant.

Just another day in the “Hood”. Originally Posted by Jackie S
Actually it was a misdemeanor warrant.

“ The officers ran Wright's name through a police database and learned that he had an open arrest warrant for failing to appear in court on a gross misdemeanor weapons violation for carrying a gun without a permit,[6][44] and that there was a protective order against him by an unnamed woman.”
So you just HAD to write that.

Living proof you are. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Yeh, we’ll get your head out of the sand, or where ever it is stuck.

Cops have to deal with these pieces of shit every day. Not in the suburbs, not in the rural enclaves……..In The Hood.
It s a shame that this woman was unqualified to handle the situation. Much of the culpability lies with the Department who put her in that predicament.
She proved by her very actions that she had no business dealing with Thugs such as this.
I guess Dante Wright is the new Hero of The Left. Following in the footsteps of Rodney King, George Floyd, etc.All upstanding citizens.
Well...I'll be damn.

The jury has spoken.

Gotta respect that.

Damn...she really stopped him because he had a air freshener on his windshield! Crazy. Originally Posted by WTF
As Paul Harvey would say, you need to know The Rest of the Story.
Yeh, we’ll get your head out of the sand, or where ever it is stuck.

Cops have to deal with these pieces of shit every day. Not in the suburbs, not in the rural enclaves……..In The Hood.
It s a shame that this woman was unqualified to handle the situation. Much of the culpability lies with the Department who put her in that predicament.
She proved by her very actions that she had no business dealing with Thugs such as this.
I guess Dante Wright is the new Hero of The Left. Following in the footsteps of Rodney King, George Floyd, etc.All upstanding citizens. Originally Posted by Jackie S
Actually, she was “qualified”. She had 1700hrs training with tasers. But when you feel your life, and the life of your partner might be threatened, adrenaline takes over. Who would actually wants to be a cop? Your life’s on the line everyday. She made a tragic mistake. I’m not going to vilify her. She’s going thru hell right now. She took a life accidentally. She knows it. How about the thugs who’s bullets kill innocent children in Chicago? They don’t give a fuck.
Actually, she was “qualified”. She had 1700hrs training with tasers. But when you feel your life, and the life of your partner might be threatened, adrenaline takes over. Who would actually wants to be a cop? Your life’s on the line everyday. She made a tragic mistake. I’m not going to vilify her. She’s going thru hell right now. She took a life accidentally. She knows it. How about the thugs who’s bullets kill innocent children in Chicago? They don’t give a fuck. Originally Posted by bambino
Of course the Thugs and other pieces of shit who kill every weekend in Chicago don’t give a shit. That’s because they are Thugs and pieces of shit.

Yes, she made a tragic mistake. But that does not negate that fact that despite her hours on the job, her very actions under a real life stressful situation proved that she was unqualified to be on the job.

But as I said before, part of the blame lies with the department who put a middle aged woman, a mother no doubt, in a position to deal with the sort of human excrement that cops have to deal with on a daily basis in these neighborhoods.
Originally Posted by LexusLover

You must be talking about the spying money laundering. Who getting a team next scam.
[QUOTE=WTF;1062688032]Well...I'll be damn.

The jury has spoken.

Gotta respect that.
---------------------

... Too right! ... a bit of a surprise.
But that's the law in that state.

If the Judge was wise - she'd just sentence her
to 3 years -- that might dodge the appeal.

The appeal will be rushed 'cause the law application
here is prolly wrong-headed --- but the appeal gonna
take maybe 3 years anyway.

### "barrister" Salty

750.329 Discharging firearm pointed or aimed at another person resulting in death;
manslaughter; exception; "peace officer" defined.
Sec. 329. (1) A person who wounds, maims, or injures another person by discharging a firearm that is
pointed or aimed intentionally but without malice at another person is guilty of manslaughter if the wounds,
maiming, or injuries result in death.
(2) This section does not apply to a peace officer of this state or another state, or of a local unit of
government of this state or another state, or of the United States, performing his or her duties as a peace
officer. As used in this section, "peace officer" means that term as defined in section 215.
... And .... your point is --- WHAT?

#### Salty
It’s a dig at WTF. That’s all. Nothing to see there that hasn’t been posted a dozen times by the same poster to pick at the same subject.

Those of use in Clarksville know precisely what his point is.
Of course the Thugs and other pieces of shit who kill every weekend in Chicago don’t give a shit. That’s because they are Thugs and pieces of shit.

Yes, she made a tragic mistake. But that does not negate that fact that despite her hours on the job, her very actions under a real life stressful situation proved that she was unqualified to be on the job.

But as I said before, part of the blame lies with the department who put a middle aged woman, a mother no doubt, in a position to deal with the sort of human excrement that cops have to deal with on a daily basis in these neighborhoods. Originally Posted by Jackie S
But how do you REALLY feel about people of color Jackie?

No need to answer. We all know.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHS
One day the foreman sends a note to the judge asking "what happens if we can't reach a decision"? Judge says "do your best yada, yada, yada. The next day, they have a guilty on both counts.

One possibility,( hope it didn't go down this way ) the hold outs on not guilty are reminded that the "others" would like to get home to their families and not spend another day on this and the not guilties have their minds changed "expediently".

Pardon the pun but I think this was over kill. One attorney explained it this way, yes, she was negligent but she was not impaired by alcohol or drugs. She had the proper amount of training and the evidence says there was no intent to harm and the possibility that her actions could have saved the life of one or more police officers should be taken into consideration and that this trial should never have been in criminal court but in civil court.

Then there is this "ask yourself". Why hasn't Alex Baldwin been charged for the same crime, mistakenly shooting and killing another person? Is this equal justice under the law? I realize the Baldwin matter isn't settled yet but I'd bet a handsome sum that he will not be charged as Potter was and will end up in civil court.

I hope the judge shows some leniency and yeah, once again we see the results of assholes trying to resist arrest and what can happen when criminals, and he was a criminal or there wouldn't be a warrant out whether misdemeanor or not, act stupidly. This guy was culpable in his own death and I don't see that reflected in the juries decision.

But she was guilty, just not of those two counts IMHO.
Actually it was a misdemeanor warrant.

“ The officers ran Wright's name through a police database and learned that he had an open arrest warrant for failing to appear in court on a gross misdemeanor weapons violation for carrying a gun without a permit,[6][44] and that there was a protective order against him by an unnamed woman.” Originally Posted by NoirMan
How many cops have been killed by someone stopped with a misdemeanor warrant? Nowadays, a misdemeanor warrant might mean attempted murder. It was also a gun violation.
You know under the law before 2020, a criminal carries all the freight from things that happened while they were committing a crime.