How many of us are left from ASPD?

2005, I think. Been awhile.
2003 for me
2000 for me, where I first "met" Tara. Sweetie, why is it only I've aged and you just look better? Originally Posted by Batman
Thanks babe. B-)
Or else just have less to say, as it all has pretty much been said before. Repeatedly. Originally Posted by TinMan
Exactly! Originally Posted by sinkerswim
true, however,
and the people reading the topic for the very first time discount it, saying "how would that apply to me?" and go to the next thread.
some people reading the topic for a subsequent time discount it, saying "i know that and it doesnt apply to me."

ok, generalizations, but some people just dont learn and apply the lessons that others give here.
the newbies' & discounters' loss, imho.
<<< 2009, thank you Motocrossman!!
The entire concept continues to blow my mind...lol.
2007 for me ))
Started reading it in Dec 1999 about a month after it was born. Actually joined in Jan 2001. Just don't post much any more.
ASPD the web site, or a.s.p., and then later, a.s.p.d. the USENet forum? I was on both. And TSML.

I think that makes me a dinosaur in internet years. Or older.
So I started on the hobby scene in Dallas in 1996. Hitting AMPs, til about 2001 and starting searching online and found Eros.com, shortly after that, in 2001, I found ASPD.

My handle was CowboyFan. Then I moved to Denver, in 2008, and stopped using it because not many providers were on it. Instead I used TER. Then heard about eccie while in Dallas for business, while watching the local news. Great advertising.
2002 for me but dang if I can remember the handle. Kitty_dfw was my first now retired so sad
Yes, under another handle. TNT Kelly started me off and started me off RIGHT.
2006 in the Arkie forums. Trolled for a year and then got active. Only reviewed one provider, though.
2007 first provider, TheOriginalDannie, Lucky Jack Aubery Indeed Originally Posted by LuckJack

I found ASPD in 2006.
  • Txh64
  • 07-03-2013, 05:15 PM
ASPD the web site, or a.s.p., and then later, a.s.p.d. the USENet forum? I was on both. And TSML.

I think that makes me a dinosaur in internet years. Or older. Originally Posted by TexTushHog
Right there with you. Ran a UUnet/Usenet node in the early 90's. Lurked on aspd around 2000/2001 for a bit. Enjoyed the days of <name>OfHouston for provider names. Came to back aspd and joined around 2006 or so.
I was on ASPD from '01 to '03 before taking a 7 year hiatus due to a slight case of marriage.

I first saw Dannie during the same time frame. She was pretty much the de facto featured entertainer and ruler of a little club I frequented at the time. But the crowds around her were too thick for me to ever get closer than a couple of arms lengths. The place might have shut down without her (not really much of an exaggeration). Then I showed up here and found a nice surprise waiting for me.