Screening/Checking ID.

So far only Dallas. I'm hearing it's cause it's the Provider Capital of the US, I guess because getting a provider that isn't concerned about safety is easy here. Oh well!! Originally Posted by Taylor_Love
It may also be that Dallas has a better hobby network than most major cities in the country. You can learn a lot about a potential provider or client just by being plugged in.
What I carry for my P411 has no photo only a name and a number, that matches what I have on P411, but then again no one has ever asked me for it.
I do think the ladies need to check in most cases.
Ditto Tinman.
Some of us have been around a while, even prior to Eccie and the ladies may have met us have an idea who we are by the time we get to see them.
Decline seeing a client? No they've flat out declined to bring ID, up front when reminded they would need to.

Actually I do have a right to say what I believe, and I believe less issues would occur if the suggestions that websites like P411 makes were followed, they wouldn't be made if they were dumb.

Less providers would get hurt/arrested etc, and less clients hurt/arrested/blackmailed. It's simple.

My opinion. One I know is shared with me. Originally Posted by Taylor_Love
Never said you dont have a right to say what you believe but scolding other ladies however as I stated earlier it is in p411 as a suggestion. Well since you're in dallas perhaps you should remind guys as part of your screening you want to see ID.

So far only Dallas. I'm hearing it's cause it's the Provider Capital of the US, I guess because getting a provider that isn't concerned about safety is easy here. Oh well!! Originally Posted by Taylor_Love
Once again your coming off as condescending to the ladies. Gina makes suggestion but it is not a requirement.

Good luck in dallas
  • L.A.
  • 02-05-2013, 04:36 PM
I think Cleopatra from years ago asked me for mine and that was the only one ever. She let me know in advance that she would need it and at that time I had no problem with it. Today I'm not so sure I want to provide that info. Maybe my DL and only my first name. With my full name anybody could find out all of my real life info. My P411 name is the standard stuff so yeah part of my ID there includes my first name. I guess I'm saying I wouldn't be against showing my ID with only my picture and first name showing. I have no problem with you doing what makes you feel more safe as part of your screening but it's definitely not the norm with established eccie and p411 members in the Dallas market.
Taylor, would you have a problem disclosing your real name to a client?
Namssa makes a good point. My reality may be different than a lot of guys simply because I've been doing this so long and am easy to check out.
  • ~Ze~
  • 02-05-2013, 04:42 PM
Lets be frank here... I am gunna see your face anyways... so showing that on a DL isn't going to give me enough info to figure out your info.

Your FIRST name, should be what you used to make your P411 account, and how many fucking Dave, John, and Mark, names are there in Dallas? A first name isn't enough to figure a person out...

The day you were born? How many Johns in America were born on the 15th? Without a Month and year... another piece of useless info.

Even combined, it is very hard to gather much more out of it.

Hell, to me, that's no more info than a guy sitting alone in a bar on his birthday would say in casual conversation. And yes, men in a bar have shown me their ID to prove it really was their Bday, and I usually buy them a shot or a beer. Total stranger, that isn't afforded the amount of research most men on eccie have about a lady. You guys have reviews, and pictures, and all kinds of information on us before you even send that first email. Lucky bastards...

The extra piece of ID, that is supposed to have the last 4 digits of your 411ID on it, hell, could be anything... a gym card is a perfect example.

Show ID, but be smart about it. COVER EVERYTHING ELSE UP.

Yes, fake IDs can be purchased, yes, even all those steps aren't foolproof. But any level of screening is better than what most girls do.

Seasoned ladies might not need to ask for the cards, since usually they are going off references and reputation more than the number of OKs a person has.

In the end, play the hobby how you want to your own risk assessment.
Taylor, would you have a problem disclosing your real name to a client? Originally Posted by Pearl Man
In fairness to her, she is following GINA suggestion. You can always chose to not play by her rules
I don't have P411, so all of that hoopla is for naught in my case.

I showed my ID to one lady once, and she showed me hers. She was a sweet young lady, I trusted her, she had a great reputation. At the time I was new to the world of professional hobbying. Oh, and she was an RMT, so there was some basis for my presence there, a plausible deniability if it was needed.

Now, I am NOT going to show an ID. NADA. Please let me know if you have a requirement of this, so I do not waste your time and mine. And if you do not let me know up front, then don't be upset when I cancel on you at the door and walk out without paying you a penny.

That said, Taylor, you can put any requirements you feel comfortable with for screening. Your choice. Don't worry, with this knowledge, I will not waste your time contacting you for an appointment.
  • Crock
  • 02-05-2013, 04:52 PM
I have not and would not provide ID to a provider. Too many bad things can happen. I've only been reading these forums for a few months and I've seen too many stories about clients getting shafted.

What do you think you get from seeing an ID that you don't get from screening? What makes you think people aren't going to create fake IDs if this became a common request?

Anonymity is a precious thing, especially in this hobby.
No, I would have no problem showing it. Actually I'm fairly certain 95% maybe more, of my clientel do know my real name. I trust the clients I see that much because of the screening they've been put through. I see them often, and are often friends.

If you want me to show you ID with my address covered to feel safe, I will.

Do I put my real name out on the net for all to find? Nope. Do you? Nope. It's about discretion in public forums, and in public view. I trust you enough to come into my room here in Dallas, and that'll you'll show me you are who you say you are, and I will too.

I'm not sure why the thread got to this point, it shouldn't have honestly, I was truly shocked that something that is suggested by probably the number one most trusted screening site in the hobby (P411) is shunned by so many and would turn into this flame war.

Just bear in mind, I personally for screening, ask that you show me either the thing you used to sign up on P411 with, or your DL, and please for your peace of mind and mine cover that address up and DL number up. You can even run it out to your car after I check Those of you that do already check ID, keep it up, hopefully it will spread and become the norm, much like screening did eventually.

So, I'm stepping out of this thread, I urge you all to discuss it though, it's a hot topic, it's important, it's about safety. Anything that is about safety is definitely worth discussing!

xoxo,

Taylor

Taylor, would you have a problem disclosing your real name to a client? Originally Posted by Pearl Man
Fair enough.
Just wanted too be under my Fav..... Pearlman.
Okay carry on now
Taylor,

Maybe you feel comfortable showing your ID to every client who walks in the door, but you are in the minority.

The one time I asked was for a provider who said she was "27" but looked over 40. She refused.

But anyway, why would you need our real name? Just like you, we use a hobby alias, hobby phone and go through great lengths to protect our anonymity. We have a built a reputation and credibility for our alias by way of references..which you checked out, right? If you ran our "real" name by any of our references, they would not have a clue, so our real name is as useful to you as yours is to us.

For my own safety, (I really never know who will be behind the door) I never bring my wallet or ID to an incall on the first visit.. Only the amount advertised.

Thanks for letting us know your policy. That is important information that we should have when deciding to see you.
Pearlman, the subject is interesteresting, but what I really would like to know is who is the girl in your avatar. I think I'm in love.