Poll - If you have not received the exact address yet, do you actually have a legit/booked appointment? ...or not?

To say a man has not gotten into his car yet means no appointment is so ridiculous hard to even believe someone posted that crap! If I am due for surgery Monday morning so I take off work, arrange after care with family, arrange everything and then doctor contacts me Sunday to say "well we don't have an appointment tomorrow morning, I have not gotten into my car, yet." It all boils down to dependability. I can depend on my doctor to be there. He does not send same day confirmations either. I cannot depend on a prostitute and she cannot depend on a john. But we are talking NCNS, if she sets a time and a date and does not show or stops communication it is a NCNS. It happens in this place very often. That is why we have same day confirmations and hour before texts.
Maybe I'm in the minority, but I think of it like an appointment with a doctor. Either you set the appointment while you're at the doc's office for the next visit, or you call in for an appointment. Screw the freaking address, you have SET A DATE AND TIME FOR AN APPOINTMENT to see the doctor. After that's set, it's up to you whether or not you will show up for said appointment. But you have set a clear date and time unless one of the parties needs to reschedule for a different time.

Having the address shouldn't matter. I set appointments all the time with doctors, meetings with clients, and even the freaking barber.

Now if a barber can keep up with his appointments why can't a provider? Yes, shit happens, things go wrong. But that's where communication comes in and the need to reschedule begins. Just don't leave anyone high and dry Originally Posted by StopShort
Seconded.

Prostitution is the oldest profession in the world. That doesn't mean prostitutes are all professionals. I've been NCNSed twice; both with appointments made days in advance, confirmed, where I then went through the rigor of clearing my schedule, establishing an alibi, and then...nothing. It is infuriating.
And this BS of note giving you the room number is crap! I have been approached by LE in a parking lot while waiting for the lady to give me the room number. Originally Posted by Kit Walker
I was just wondering if you told LEO you "have an appointment." Think two minute warning and call an audible. No, I/ you don't have an appointment. "I was just about to check in officer." Pretty clear and concise. It's not bullshit. You did not have an appointment!

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I think of it like an appointment with a doctor. Originally Posted by StopShort
Your doctor's appointment isn't going to change address! Probably exam room number. You don't have to ask for the address. I think one hour prior to the set time is good to receive the address. Until then, don't count on your time to be reserved.
  • N.M.
  • 08-25-2016, 01:22 PM
In my world if you have set up a date and time you have committed to an appointment.

However, if the day of the *appointment* you don't get a confirmation from the other party whatsoever, I wouldn't call it a NCNS since there was no confirmation or a place to *show up* to.
I do believe that the aggravated party is entirely entitled to report their experience with the provider/client, as a heads up to others. But not as NCNS.

NCNS to me would be if you have already confirmed that day for the set time and have a location to meet up, and then one of the party involved goes radio silent and does not show up.

Idk how others handle their business but in my case if it's an appt scheduled days in advance I always confirm via pm the day before and ask for the best/safe time to text the day of the appointment, once I get that I let them know the aproximate time that I will text to re-confirm and send the address (I let them know the general area, so they have an idea and can plan around it).
If for some reason I don't hear from them within a reasonable time frame, I assume it is a cancellation. I am fortunate to say that it has been very few times that this has happened to me though.
I think one hour prior to the set time is good to receive the address. Until then, don't count on your time to be reserved. Originally Posted by eccieuser9500
That statement is just plain ol' fuckin' stupid.
That statement is just plain ol' fuckin' stupid. Originally Posted by GlobeSpotter

lol
In my world if you have set up a date and time you have committed to an appointment.

However, if the day of the *appointment* you don't get a confirmation from the other party whatsoever, I wouldn't call it a NCNS since there was no confirmation or a place to *show up* to.
I do believe that the aggravated party is entirely entitled to report their experience with the provider/client, as a heads up to others. But not as NCNS.

NCNS to me would be if you have already confirmed that day for the set time and have a location to meet up, and then one of the party involved goes radio silent and does not show up.

Idk how others handle their business but in my case if it's an appt scheduled days in advance I always confirm via pm the day before and ask for the best/safe time to text the day of the appointment, once I get that I let them know the aproximate time that I will text to re-confirm and send the address (I let them know the general area, so they have an idea and can plan around it).
If for some reason I don't hear from them within a reasonable time frame, I assume it is a cancellation. I am fortunate to say that it has been very few times that this has happened to me though.
Originally Posted by Natalia Mori

Maybe not a NCNS but definitely a time waster I guess each will view it as they see fit. However, I would like to say you definitely embody a true spirit of TCB and a real Pro. God bless you and all Providers that TCB like you.
I voted yes. If we agree to a date and time, no matter how far in advance, we have a session.

I always text the day before to reconfirm and send the address at that point, but in terms of planning, as soon as the date and time are agreed upon, I consider that to mean we have a sesh.
I voted yes. If we agree to a date and time, no matter how far in advance, we have a session.

I always text the day before to reconfirm and send the address at that point, but in terms of planning, as soon as the date and time are agreed upon, I consider that to mean we have a sesh. Originally Posted by Victoria of Houston

Hey beautiful...God bless you too.
Hey beautiful...God bless you too. Originally Posted by Sistine Chapel
Hehehe, thanks.

9. Don't ask me for specific details of where about my incall is
- I will make sure you have all the info you need in an appropriate time frame before our date, so don't even think about asking me what hotel I'm going to be staying at a week before. Originally Posted by Valerie
If you don't have an address then you didn't have an appointment Originally Posted by Dorthy_Monroe
Heh...guys whining about getting NC/NS when they're the ones setting up the situation where they don't know the exact address beforehand...funny stuff... Originally Posted by Wakeup
Another trick probably offered more to get your spot Originally Posted by NubianPrince
No wonder some folks don't want to call them appointments. This situation already has a name - it's called a put option, and providers get to buy them for free from hobbyists. Did you guys know you were selling free puts against your time?

So, the next time that a provider and I have a clear, unambiguous agreement to meet on a certain day, at a certain time, for a certain length of time, for a certain fee, in a certain area of town, the precise location is left TBD per her own booking process, and I have cleared the fucking decks to make this happen, but (1) the provider fails to follow through on her own booking process obligation to timely provide location through no fault of mine and (2) fails to communicate about it in any way at all, I will NOT post a NCNS and I will NOT say that we had an appointment that she broke. After all, we didn't really have an appointment, she just bought a put from me, for free, and she will keep on trying to buy other puts from other hobbyists at higher strike prices.

Instead, I will go into Coed and post "Provider Put Option Expired: [Handle]."

New term: PPOE.

I think this is a good compromise and should make everyone happy.
No wonder some folks don't want to call them appointments. This situation already has a name - it's called a put option, and providers get to buy them for free from hobbyists. Did you guys know you were selling free puts against your time?

So, the next time that a provider and I have a clear, unambiguous agreement to meet on a certain day, at a certain time, for a certain length of time, for a certain fee, in a certain area of town, the precise location is left TBD per her own booking process, and I have cleared the fucking decks to make this happen, but (1) the provider fails to follow through on her own booking process obligation to timely provide location through no fault of mine and (2) fails to communicate about it in any way at all, I will NOT post a NCNS and I will NOT say that we had an appointment that she broke. After all, we didn't really have an appointment, she just bought a put from me, for free, and she will keep on trying to buy other puts from other hobbyists at higher strike prices.

I think this is a good compromise and should make everyone happy. Originally Posted by NMEufdaST8

Very fitting strike and put analogy. Well played. lol

I think this is a good compromise and should make everyone happy. Originally Posted by NMEufdaST8

Ha! I like it.
That statement is just plain ol' fuckin' stupid. Originally Posted by GlobeSpotter
If you didn't get the address an hour prior to your set time, then her time went to the highest bidder or longest session. Don't knock the hustle.

With the number of toll roads here, an hour should be enough to get around. Call her if you're that desperate. If no answer, move on. We all understand that traffic sucks here. There's probably about a three hour window in the daylight for easy going Monday through Friday.

Don't leave until you have the address. But then again, you can still be stood up two minutes before.
TBD per her own booking process, and I have cleared the fucking decks to make this happen . . . . Originally Posted by NMEufdaST8
Sucks, doesn't it?