NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

That crowd was EPIC, felt like I was watching a Saints game on Primetime.

We lost Dre and Hartmann though, Next man up..
I was realy realy close!
Go Texans! Originally Posted by Gator42
I just wish you had been really, really close on the Coogs! But that is another story.

The good: Satin is correct, the rook looked poised and had some zip on his passes. It did not seem that he has any more arm strength than Schaub but I believe he does have more than Leinart. (Leinart's long passes seem to float.) Rook made one glaring mistake but it turned out to be inconsequential. He had good pocket awareness and seems to be able to avoid the rush and extend plays! All things considered, I was impressed. It was an excellent first start for the rook and it appears he is at least as good, if not a better, back up option than Leinart.

The defense played extremely well and they kept us in the game. We need to give some kudo's to Kubes and his coaching staff. They out coached Atlanta and put together an excellent game plan. Kubes did an excellent job of preparing the rook for today's game. Going for it on 4th down, late in the 4th qtr, took brass balls, especially with a rookie qb! Way to go Coaches!

And finally, the Texans go ahead touchdown drive was one of the best drives I have ever seen! 19 Plays and 11 minutes at crunch time. (I was in the stands for the two best TD drives of the season, the one today and the opening drive against the Burgh earlier this year! Both were pretty damn impressive!)

The bad: I realize we live in an isolated world. We see much more about the Texans than we do about the rest of the NFL. With that said, I can never recall a team having to deal with as many significant injuries than the Texan's have this year. Watching Dre hobble off of the field this afternoon almost made me cry! I could not help but think that we probably will not get him back until the playoffs, if then! Damn!!!!!

All things considered, it was a hell of a game and we overcame a tremendous amount of adversity to defeat a quality opponent!

Way to go Texans! I am glad I was wrong on my prediction! I should have never doubted you guys!
  • Satin
  • 12-04-2011, 05:19 PM
Don is correct, the crowd was epic today...one of the loudest I've ever heard. The 6th man was huge today.
I'm not surprised by the Rook,I've been scouting him out for a while and I am very confident about him. I am actually more comfortable with him than Dopey. Weird, I know. I like everything about him. His only weakness is obviously inexperience. He's a star in the making....

Cat-Man, you can see the gameplan worked to perfection bro. The Rook did what he needed to do. I keep saying we don't need some all-world gunslinger to run our offense. We need someone to manage the game. Our running game and offensive line is huge, and we just need to ram it down their throats until they stop it. It might be ugly, but a W is a W....

Now let's see if the power rankings can rank us higher than #10.....what a fucking joke. I can't believe the Falcons were favored. I cleaned up today...some strip club is in trouble tonight....lol

Next up....the Bengals and Andy Dalton....oh boy....
ANOTHER GREAT DAY FOR TEXANS FANS!
TEXANS WIN!!! & COWBOYS LOOSE
....hehehe

Well my voice sounds funny, my throat hurts like hell, I bruised my thumb banging n the seats in front of me, and walked around looking for the car in the cold wet rain w/no umbrella! But Hell!!! STILL THE MOST FUN @ A TEXANS GAME YET...oh and thanks to the fellers that left their souvenir cups behind...hehehe

... Satin, what I tell ya bro! Soften them up then HAMMER IT HOME!! Love it!..

hope Dre is ok.. looks like the other Hammy now... Is he drinking his milk?

Not all coogs lost this weekend... How bout that final drive by Kolb to seal the W vs the Cowboys?
WHOSE HOUSE???? ...COOGS HOUSE!!!
I am actually more comfortable with him than Dopey. Weird, I know. Originally Posted by Satin
C'mon Bro. You know I am going to have to call you out when you start talkin' shit!

The Rook had a very good game today (especially for his first start). But it is one game! He is far removed from being able to consistently play at Schaub's level! Give me a ring when, and if, the Rook passes for 4000 yards in multiple seasons and/or wins the MVP of the Pro Bowl.
We can discuss it further at that point! I'll even buy the first round!
  • Satin
  • 12-04-2011, 06:06 PM
Dude, I've been telling you for a while now just in case you haven't read..I'm more comfortable with damn near anybody than Dopey.

Last time I checked, Dopey doesn't have any rings yet either. Hell, he doesn't even have a playoff appearance. Right? Remember he was a back-up (bench warmer) when we got him. Man, stop getting so offensive about Dopey bro. He hasn't proved shit. Our offense is fine without him. You will never convince me or anyone else that, so don't waste your time. Just let Dopey stay in the press box and let the rook work and pile up victories. We can worry about Dopey next year...lol

I'm trying to savor this victory BT, quit trying to bring me down playa. I know you're upset about the Coogs, but have another drink, get some pussy and relax...
I welcome the QB controversy!! as long as they keep staking W's of course!
I welcome the QB controversy!! as long as they keep staking W's of course! Originally Posted by One-Eyed Willy
There is no QB controversy to welcome. Schaub is out of the picture until next year when the qb job will once again belong to him! You don't really believe that Kubes will give the job to anyone else, do you?

Schaub is Kube's guy!
Yeah BT OK.. but career wise, Elway and Steve Young are Kube's guys... SB winning kind of guys... Schaub is ok but if better is on the plate, I'll take it in a heartbeat.. I was one of those in the Crowd today chanting "TJ!, TJ!, TJ!, TJ!" lucky # too 13.. AND he likes Dre!.. 97 yards... guess Dre has a new friend..

-agree to let the real controversy boil up in the playoffs/offseason though as its still too soon to say right now.. but I hope the starting job won't just belong to him.. I'd like to see them battle for it!
Yeah BT OK.. but career wise, Elway and Steve Young are Kube's guys... SB winning kind of guys... Schaub is ok but if better is on the plate, I'll take it in a heartbeat.. I was one of those in the Crowd today chanting "TJ!, TJ!, TJ!, TJ!" lucky # too 13.. AND he likes Dre!.. 97 yards... guess Dre has a new friend.. Originally Posted by One-Eyed Willy
I will admit I was chanting TJ too! The Dude had a helluva first game!
I hope TJ leads us deep into the playoffs.
If he does and thats a very big IF then we can think about a QB controversy.

BT I wished I'd been right about the Coog's too!
Chatter started by fry cooks from McDonald's. Originally Posted by BigLouie
Looks like those fry cooks knew something.
Looks like those fry cooks knew something. Originally Posted by gnadfly
Puts the McDonald's fry cooks one rung above you on the ladder!
The Texans did look good today. Y'all got to admit that Atlanta beat themselves with crucial penalties that could've given them the win. And the last play their receiver just dropped the ball in the end zone. That would've sent the game into overtime.

They fucked up and we got the W. 9 - 3 is looking real good but we're the #3 seed now. We can forget being the #1 seed as long as New England(#1) and Baltimore(#2) keep winning. Now on to cold ass Cincinatti where a pissed off Bengals team will be awaiting after getting raped by the Steelers 35 - 7.
The Texans did look good today. Y'all got to admit that Atlanta beat themselves with crucial penalties that could've given them the win. And the last play their receiver just dropped the ball in the end zone. That would've sent the game into overtime.

They fucked up and we got the W. 9 - 3 is looking real good but we're the #3 seed now. We can forget being the #1 seed as long as New England(#1) and Baltimore(#2) keep winning. Now on to cold ass Cincinatti where a pissed off Bengals team will be awaiting after getting raped by the Steelers 35 - 7. Originally Posted by kerwil62
I do not disagree but over the course of a season the breaks tend to equal out. I was very concerned about Atlanta. I believe the Houston defense proved themselves today. They have consistently played at a very high level over an extended period. Until recently I was not convinced that they could play well against the better offenses in the league. I am not saying that Atlanta is an elite offense but they are certainly a top 10. Houston's defense had Atlanta's offense on the ropes for most of the game.

The Son of Bum just might be this years Most Valuable Houston Texan!