Get your Nerd on! (And I'll form... the head!)

That sucks. I almost bought that game on Friday because it looked super fun, but I only have one friend into board games, and the minimum is three players. Originally Posted by theCFE
Not sure how fun it would be with only 3 players even - I think it would tip the balance too much against cylons.

It's hard to find good 2-player board games. The only ones I can think of off the top of my head are Pandemic! and The Stars Are Right - maybe a version of Carcassonne? Maybe Elder Sign, if you don't mind greater chances of being consumed by elder dark gods...
Not sure how fun it would be with only 3 players even - I think it would tip the balance too much against cylons.

It's hard to find good 2-player board games. The only ones I can think of off the top of my head are Pandemic! and The Stars Are Right - maybe a version of Carcassonne? Maybe Elder Sign, if you don't mind greater chances of being consumed by elder dark gods... Originally Posted by Liliana Vess
Board game wise, I think something like Pandemic would work since it's a cooperative game.

Although, dueling in Ascension is pretty fun too!
I am pissed and am gonna vent on this thread.

So we are playing the BSG boardgame with the Pegasus expansion today. We humans have the Cylons figured out AND in the brig prior to the sleeper agent phase. I was Helena Cain and being awesome/crazy.

Yet, the game FUCKED ALL HUMANS by giving constant 6-7-8s to all cylons on a D8 and each crisis card was all....ok, what's your worst stat? Let's neg that!

ARGH!!!!!!!

I am so pissed. Grrrrr. Originally Posted by Liliana Vess

Sounds like someone needs to get laid.
Sounds like someone needs to get laid. Originally Posted by pyramider
Yeah seriously, so much anger...
Sounds like someone needs to get laid. Originally Posted by pyramider
Ooh ooh...I hope she picks ME!!!
Ah board games. That hit my nerd spot. Anyone old enough to remember old board war games from Avalon Hill and SPI?
Ah board games. That hit my nerd spot. Anyone old enough to remember old board war games from Avalon Hill and SPI? Originally Posted by BatteriesNotIncluded
Avalon Hill is still around, just owned by WoTC now. I have never played Axis & Allies, but that game is still very popular and they still come out with variants of it.

Never heard of SPI though.

I actually have fairly low tolerance for repeat playing of board games, myself. I'll play one a few times and usually will be done with it.

One game that I've actually been having quite a bit of fun with some friends is Risk: Legacy (or "sticker Risk" as we call it). It takes Risk, puts it into a not-to-distant-future scenerio, and essentially turns it into a Campaign Mode game. You can pretty much only play the game 15 or 20 times or so and each game, permanent changes to the rules of the game & board happens (for example, in our game, Egypt was building up to be a powerhouse of the world... until I set off a nuke there that has permanently turned it into a barren radioactive wasteland as well as spawned a new playable army of mutants).
Heh...the new X-Men are all women...
Ah board games. That hit my nerd spot. Anyone old enough to remember old board war games from Avalon Hill and SPI? Originally Posted by BatteriesNotIncluded
I haven't played Axis and Allies in ages, probably since high school. I have played one of their newer games, Betrayal at House on the Hill, which is totally not a war game, but was enjoyable.

Oh and yes, I was pissed before. God damn luck!

And sure YM, we can play some strip Arkham Horror!
Settlers of Catan
Descent
Arkham Horror
Pandemic
Zombies!!!

These are a few of my favorites. I'm always down for a game night
Avalon Hill is still around, just owned by WoTC now. I have never played Axis & Allies, but that game is still very popular and they still come out with variants of it.

Never heard of SPI though.. Originally Posted by jbravo_123
The brand "Avalon Hill" is around but not the war games. Everything has been turned into a derivative of Axis and Allies. Not the same games by a long shot. Search ebay for Avalon hill and SPI. 50s-70s board war games before personal computers. And the Internet was still the property of the DoD.

SPI came along in the 70s. I recall "War in the Pacific" maps covering an entire ping pong table and thousands upon thousands if cardboard pieces. One move took an entire night. And a fair amount if agility to move all those counters across a ping pong table! Lol.

Good to see "Diplomacy" still lives. An excellent game. Guaranteed to make and break friendships as you form secret alliances and stab friends in the back
I should throw a board game social.

Just like the poker social, but instead of dudes in bowling shirts chomping on cigars, we'll have nerds in sarcastic t-shirts throwing dice. Rawr sexy!
Yes! I'm there, dude
I should throw a board game social.

Just like the poker social, but instead of dudes in bowling shirts chomping on cigars, we'll have nerds in sarcastic t-shirts throwing dice. Rawr sexy! Originally Posted by Liliana Vess
Can I still step outside at least to chomp on a cigar? Lol
That would be perfect, I need an excuse to bust out my epic purple shirt.