NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

He also said there was no difference between the top 10 QBs which to me means first pick in second round Originally Posted by BigLouie
I agree, Clowney or Mack 1st pick.
I agree, Clowney or Mack 1st pick. Originally Posted by bambino
I am going to have to agree with Bamby. I suspect the 1st pick in the draft will be the player the Texans believe will have the greatest positive impact on Romeo's Defense. Odds are it will either be Clowney or Mack. With the outside possibility that if someone wants to trade up to get their guy and give us an extra high draft pick, then that will also be a strong consideration. I believe with their 2nd pick, whether it is someone else's trade bait or our 1st pick in the 2nd round, they will go with the best QB available at the time.
Texans get extra picks in the 2014 draft ...they going to need them .
With a deep draft these extra picks help a lot

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...e-7679a0614120
Well it looks like Butch Wilfork is available. But he was making 7 million and didn't want a paycut from the Patriots.

Well it looks like Butch Wilfork is available. But he was making 7 million and didn't want a paycut from the Patriots.

Originally Posted by DarthMaul

Darth, you're showing your age..."Butch" has played in a while my brother, since being with the Oilers.

That's "Vince"
I am going to have to agree with Bamby. I suspect the 1st pick in the draft will be the player the Texans believe will have the greatest positive impact on Romeo's Defense. Odds are it will either be Clowney or Mack. With the outside possibility that if someone wants to trade up to get their guy and give us an extra high draft pick, then that will also be a strong consideration. I believe with their 2nd pick, whether it is someone else's trade bait or our 1st pick in the 2nd round, they will go with the best QB available at the time. Originally Posted by bigtex
It's Bambino numnuts.
BOB is talking about how rookie QBs should not start so that about clinches it. Clowney first, Jimmy G first pick in second round.
It's Bambino numnuts. Originally Posted by bambino
It's Bigtex Bamby.
Someone who may have played better than Mack or Clowney and Barr who isn't getting much attention and could be there in second round if Texans pick a QB first pick .
Jeremiah Attaochau from Georgia Tech
High motor guy played both OLB and DE
6'3" 253 lbs
43.5 sacks . Holds Georgia Techs all time career sack record .
He was one of only three ACC players with double-digit sacks in 2012, leading the team with 10 sacks and 12 tackles for loss and earning All-ACC honorable mention honors. He backed that up with a first team All-ACC regular season in 2013, racking up 12 sacks and 15.5 tackles for loss.
Darth, you're showing your age..."Butch" has played in a while my brother, since being with the Oilers.

That's "Vince" Originally Posted by DickEmDown
Ooops...That's not the only thing showing my age. Sorry about that "Vince"?! He may be a member!

Originally Posted by DarthMaul
Are ya'll talking about Butch Woolfolk? Butch subbed once or twice on my bowling team believe or not decades ago. Very nice guy. One week he had picked all the NFL games correctly in a guest column in the Houston Post. He said bookies were blowing up his phone.
It's Bigtex Bamby. Originally Posted by bigtex
Two can play your retarded game BigKotex.
Looks like BT has multiple sparring partners!
Just out of curiosity does anyone remember another time when there have been billboards placed across the city promoting the drafting of a football player, or any other athlete????

Who is behind the ads and funding the website? TAMU? His family? http://www.draftjohnnymanziel.com/
Weren't there Vince Young billboards?