NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

Bleacher has reported the Texans are going to trade the #1 pick and several teams interested.
Then why go to Pro Days ? If Pro Days don't change anything then don''t go .
TheDon = Moron Originally Posted by carkido45
They go to confirm what they already know and to meet with players.

Carkido= Khalil mack's cum dumpster.
Bleacher has reported the Texans are going to trade the #1 pick and several teams interested. Originally Posted by bambino
They can report all they want but I seriously doubt it. I think they will try to trade the first pick in the second round.
http://nfl.si.com/2014/03/28/houston...014-nfl-draft/
Just saying. I think everything's on the table.
None of you wanna be Owners, GM's, and HC's know what's going to happen, just like Media

I hope y'all draft Clowney because I want to see him and JJ bring it...unless they are playing my Steelers then I hope one, or both of them are hurt
At this point in time I am inclined to believe that if JF nailed his Pro Day in the eyes of the Texans braintrust, they will probably call out his name on Draft Day.

With that said, I am very intrigued with the prospect of either Mack or Clowney teaming up with JJ. I have always been a firm believer that the best pass defense is a solid pass rush. Should they move in that direction, they could then use their pick at 33 on the best QB available.
Shit was crazy, president was there, banging drake, the fuck did we just watch?

There ain't no way in hell though that a "Pro Day" is gonna change anyone's opinion on how they are gonna take a player, I think this was just for his marketing future today, and he got an A+ Originally Posted by TheDon
They can report all they want but I seriously doubt it. I think they will try to trade the first pick in the second round. Originally Posted by BigLouie
If the trade is good take it.
The 2014 draft is one of the deepest at all positions except Tight End. The Texans need a TE along with a lot of other team roster needs
This is where Rick Smith is showing how bad he is. Trading down to 8th means the playmakers will be gone by the time the Texans pick. Clowney will be gone as will the best QBs. The best OTs gone sure there will be good WRs but we don't need them.
Here is who will be gone by 8th.

1 Clowney
2 Manziel
3 Bortles
4 Bridgewater
5 Robinson (OT)
6 Mathews
7 Malik

So who the hell is there at 8 if we trade with the Bills

1 Clowney
2 Manziel
3 Bortles
4 Bridgewater
5 Robinson (OT)
6 Mathews
7 Malik

So who the hell is there at 8 if we trade with the Bills Originally Posted by BigLouie
Perhaps on your board but there is no way of knowing that the 7 mentioned above will actually be the first 7 picks?

In fact, there are much greater odds that they won't.

1 Clowney
2 Manziel
3 Bortles
4 Bridgewater
5 Robinson (OT)
6 Mathews
7 Malik

So who the hell is there at 8 if we trade with the Bills Originally Posted by BigLouie
Derek Carr
I hate to say it derek car will get drafted in the first round somewhere
He's moving up .
4. Healthy and movin' up. Due to a partially torn hamstring, Georgia Tech pass rusher Jeremiah Attaochu didn't work out at the NFL combine last month, but was good-to-go on Friday for Georgia Tech's pro day. And, as expected, he was impressive. Attaochu ran his 40-yard dash times in the late 4.5, early 4.6 range with a 37.5-inch vertical jump, 4.64 short shuttle and 7.28 three cone drill. His 1.55 10-yard split would have ranked him tops among all linebackers at the combine.
Everyone is over thinking this. You have a pick, you have a glaring need at QB, if you wiff on QB now then you greatly delay your teams development. Just pick the best QB available let him develop under Fitzpatrick, Never worry is someone "worthy" of a pick because you can find something wrong about all of them if you look hard enough.
He's moving up .
4. Healthy and movin' up. Due to a partially torn hamstring, Georgia Tech pass rusher Jeremiah Attaochu didn't work out at the NFL combine last month, but was good-to-go on Friday for Georgia Tech's pro day. And, as expected, he was impressive. Attaochu ran his 40-yard dash times in the late 4.5, early 4.6 range with a 37.5-inch vertical jump, 4.64 short shuttle and 7.28 three cone drill. His 1.55 10-yard split would have ranked him tops among all linebackers at the combine. Originally Posted by carkido45
Didn't Shazier run high 4.4s?