Dorthy_Monroe's last points issued: an objective assessment.

Keep the thread on topic. All 31 pages of it.

Here. Throwback Thursday.

I miss Dorfy.

What is the big deal about this particular provider getting banned on points and why should anyone but her care? Surely Nyr did not give her EVERY point she has received, it just so happened that he gave her the points that accumulated the total to ban her for 90 days. If just one mod gave her all the points she received, there MIGHT be a possible agenda there in one way or another.

Did she deserve the points? Maybe, maybe not, but the fact is she got them and no amount of bitching is going to take them away. Have there been posts that have been made which violated the guidelines worse and not a point or warning received by a mod? You betcha. Have there been posts that were milder than what Dorthy did and got points? Affirmative there as well.

We all know that there are more contributing factors of a poster receiving/not receiving points that go beyond just the post he/she was pointed/not pointed for by itself. The guidelines are mod interpreted and/or they get told how to interpret them.
What is the big deal about this provider getting banned on points and why should anyone else care? Surely Nyr did not give her EVERY point she has received, it just so happened that he gave her the points that accumulated the total to ban her for 90 days. If just one mod gave her all the points she received, there MIGHT be a possible agenda there in one way or another.

On topic...

Did she deserve the points? Maybe, maybe not, but the fact is she got them and no amount of bitching is going to take them away. Have there been posts that have been made which violated the guidelines worse and not a point or warning received by a mod? You betcha. Have there been posts that were milder than what Dorthy did and got points? Affirmative there as well.

We all know that there are more contributing factors of a poster receiving/not receiving points that go beyond just the post he/she was pointed/not pointed for by itself. The guidelines are mod interpreted and/or they get told how to interpret them. Originally Posted by davidfree986
Davefree, you are missing the point. The point is men that volunteer for a position of authority for no cash money do it for altruistic reasons or they do it for a different currency. I do not feel that NYr is altruistic. Rather I feel his currency thrives where women and sex intertwine, and it sickens me. There, I said it. But, really, I've been saying it all along.

Love your avatar. You must be married or some shit like that.
Davefree, you are missing the point. The point is men that volunteer for a position of authority for no cash money do it for altruistic reasons or they do it for a different currency. I do not feel that NYr is altruistic. Rather I feel his currency thrives where women and sex intertwine, and it sickens me. There, I said it. But, really, I've been saying it all along.

Love your avatar. You must be married or some shit like that. Originally Posted by armature
So it's one OR the other? Can't be anything but those two huh? heh
So it's one OR the other? Can't be anything but those two huh? heh Originally Posted by FunInDFW
Everything's about sex except sex. Sex is about power. - Francis Underwood, House of Cards

He ain't getting paid in USD, and he's volunteering on a whore board. I leave you to draw your own conclusions.
Everything's about sex except sex. Sex is about power. - Francis Underwood, House of Cards
He ain't getting paid in USD, and he's volunteering on a whore board. I leave you to draw your own conclusions. Originally Posted by armature
You've made it clear you're not about letting people draw their own conclusions, though. You've attempted to force yours with what I quoted above. So which is it? People can draw their on conclusions or they have to choose from yours?
You've made it clear you're not about letting people draw their own conclusions, though. You've attempted to force yours with what I quoted above. So which is it? People can draw their on conclusions or they have to choose from yours? Originally Posted by FunInDFW
Sure. I don't have to agree with them. Still doesn't mean men that seek power where sex, money and women converge aren't a wee bit suspect.

Le'me ask you this, why you suppose NYr hasn't hardly posted, like at all, since the Great Matter at Hand began?
Sure. I don't have to agree with them. Still doesn't mean men that seek power where sex, money and women converge aren't a wee bit suspect. Originally Posted by armature
"So which is it?"
"Sure"
Are you the OP? lol

Le'me ask you this, why you suppose NYr hasn't hardly posted, like at all, since the Great Matter at Hand began? Originally Posted by armature
Any number of reasons, none being any more plausible than the other. The simplest one being, however: because he doesn't have to.

This of course is based on the premise that there's no place he can post that you cannot see. Surely, such a place doesn't exist here.
"So which is it?"
"Sure"
Are you the OP? lol

Any number of reasons, none being any more plausible than the other. The simplest one being, however: because he doesn't have to.

This of course is based on the premise that there's no place he can post that you cannot see. Surely, such a place doesn't exist here. Originally Posted by FunInDFW
Well, if he's doing a lot of posting in Modtardville and not out promoting and policing the site, things may not be going his way...ijs

Love your avatar. You must be married or some shit like that. Originally Posted by armature
He often misses the point. It's part of his charm.

A third option may be they have no life or no power in their life and this is the only place they can be authoritative...

Many mods are great - I'm a fan of Torito and Duke of G but others are, well, whatever.
Wait what!!! You guys are blasting the mods??? I think they have been pretty darn fair and patient. I don't know of any specials they get for being mods.. I may be naive, but I have asked some of the gals I know well. I personally think this gal had it coming long... ago. Why they (mods) do the thankless job? I really have no idea except somebody has to do it..
.......I may be naive, but I have asked some of the gals I know well. I personally think this gal had it coming long..... Originally Posted by Zee Man
We all have it coming........ijs
altruistic reasons. Originally Posted by armature
No such thing.
He often misses the point. It's part of his charm. Originally Posted by Boltfan
Obvie LOL.

A third option may be they have no life or no power in their life and this is the only place they can be authoritative...

Many mods are great - I'm a fan of Torito and Duke of G but others are, well, whatever. Originally Posted by TheEccie214
Not everyone's d-bag. I'm just saying where the women and sex lines meet is a pretty sweet spot for some men. Men that range anywhere from authoritarian to predatory. And then when you mix in the legality and marginalized nature of so many in the industry - not DM, well, nastiness insures. That is why the thread was started. To suss out the abuses.

No such thing. Originally Posted by TheCat'sMeow
Isn't that really the beauty for our wee-little "volunteers" around here. See above.

We all have it coming........ijs Originally Posted by dearhunter
....since February...ijs.