Get your Nerd on! (And I'll form... the head!)

I haven't played Axis and Allies in ages, probably since high school.

And sure YM, we can play some strip Arkham Horror! Originally Posted by Liliana Vess
I have not played Axis and Allies in a long time either, harder to play those 1 hour setup, 6 hours to play avg games these days...much easier in high school days.

Strip Arkum, I guess you remove clothing every time the other person closes a gate or kills a monster....lol...interesting idea, but I don't want to see any one I normally board game with strip

Settlers of Catan
Descent
Arkham Horror
Pandemic
Zombies!!!

These are a few of my favorites. I'm always down for a game night Originally Posted by sexxytexxan
Another good one is Shadows Over Camelot (co-op). If you like deck building games Thunderstone is not too bad.

It's hard to find good 2-player board games. The only ones I can think of off the top of my head are Pandemic! and The Stars Are Right - maybe a version of Carcassonne? Maybe Elder Sign, if you don't mind greater chances of being consumed by elder dark gods... Originally Posted by Liliana Vess
Me and a buddy play Arkham, Shadows, Pandemic, etc with only two players. Easier with co-op games and if you play 2 characters or decks it can still be quite challenging.

Memoir 44 is a decent WWII game for only 2 players.

Wish the board game companies would stop coming out with new editions and a thousand addons for every release. Fantasy Flight is the worse with that.
Heh...the new X-Men are all women... Originally Posted by Wakeuр
You mean like:

I should throw a board game social.

Just like the poker social, but instead of dudes in bowling shirts chomping on cigars, we'll have nerds in sarcastic t-shirts throwing dice. Rawr sexy! Originally Posted by Liliana Vess
I would attend this.
I've had a lot of fun with Pandemic, and Arkham Horror seems like it would be a lot of fun if I could stop being distracted by sexytimes. I seem to remember playing strip Magic: The Gathering in high school... But I usually stayed clothed.

Oh... Odd that there would be two women crossplaying as Gambit. I guess he is in touch with his feminine side, mon cher...

Strip Arkum, I guess you remove clothing every time the other person closes a gate or kills a monster....lol...interesting idea, but I don't want to see any one I normally board game with strip Originally Posted by Raptorcg
Yeah...I didn't quite think it out all the way. I have something planned for this weekend, I'll let you know how it goes. MUAHAHA. And agreed on the last part.

I would attend this.
I've had a lot of fun with Pandemic, and Arkham Horror seems like it would be a lot of fun if I could stop being distracted by sexytimes. I seem to remember playing strip Magic: The Gathering in high school... But I usually stayed clothed. Originally Posted by theCFE
We could totally team up for 2-headed giant and strip down a whole legion of nerds. Trust me, MTG players can not resist staring at boobs because they are sitting right across from you and you hold cards there. And they also don't take female players as a threat, so they are weak and play poorly. Making them stomp off after taking a loss is A+ awesome!
We could totally team up for 2-headed giant and strip down a whole legion of nerds. Trust me, MTG players can not resist staring at boobs because they are sitting right across from you and you hold cards there. And they also don't take female players as a threat, so they are weak and play poorly. Making them stomp off after taking a loss is A+ awesome! Originally Posted by Liliana Vess
Don't lie. You only like the pretty pictures of unicorns and shit. You can't possibly actually know what you're doing...
Ah I see Storm rocking the punk look again. Must've needed a makeover after T'Challa dumped her ass.
I am not against an all-women X-Men, but it's kind of a weird team. I guess it will depend on how they write it...it can be very difficult to keep the storyline diverse without making it too girly/skanky. That's why I liked Gail Simone's "Birds of Prey". She kept it more realistic in terms of how women actually are, not a sexed up Gregg Land type thing. Not that the team was chaste, but it wasn't all cheesecake all the time.
It's just awesome that it's still titled X-Men...
Yeah, I'm not overly familiar with Brian Wood's works. I heard DMZ was very good and I believe Northlanders is supposed to be pretty good as well.

At least it looks like he comes from more of an Indy background than your normal Marvel/DC drudge slave.
It's just awesome that it's still titled X-Men... Originally Posted by Wakeuр
Hey, you never know, could be that Shadowcat has been trans this whole time...
I'm all for all female X-"men". I just want to be the bald guy in charge of them

And I hope this board game get together takes off Add Risk and Diplomacy (strip with negotiations and I'm there!
I just think it's ironic that the plot is a bunch of women get together to protect a baby. Because men can't be nurturing. 9_9 This title is likely meant to be a feminist coup, but the premise is every bit as sexist as - well, anything in any comic book ever. Exhibit A: female supe costumes. "Look at my armor, it covers everything! Well, except for my cleavage, where my heart is... And my midriff, where my vital organs are... And my thighs, where my femoral artery is... And my upper arms, where my brachial artery is.... But it covers everything else, teehee!" This series is going to be a total fapfest.
All that said - I'll probably pick it up when I get my next issue of Locke & Key... Because I like to fap, too.
I think I just came...
*shakes his fist at Rob Liefeld*

At least Greg Land's stuff is visually pleasing to the eye.