Dallas Police Officer goes home to the wrong apartment, kills man inside !!

That's a bullshit verdict and the whole thing was a witch hunt based on her race and the victim being Black.

She should had gotten MANSLAUGHTER.

Every news report is about her being White killing a Black man and some that I've read even said WRONGLY she set out to kill the guy because he was Black.

I believe the prosecutors even said that over and over during the trial that Guyger entered the apartment with the intention of killing a Black man.

SHE DID NOT know who was behind that door when she entered the unit and she did not know the race of the person in the apartment she thought it was her.

But the media had made this tragedy about race right from the start.

Again made it about White cops killing innocent Black men.
The president of the police union enforced the cooling off period. I’m still confused when they tested her but it’s obvious they did not believe she was impaired with drugs or alcohol and the judge even gave her the castle doctrine. That’s a lot of latitude for a defendant to get convicted of murder with no intent. Welcome to Dallas County folks! If the corruption and incompetence don’t get you the prosecutor will.
I didn’t see that verdict coming.
She has several good reasons for an appeal. I streamed a good bit of the trial and it was obvious how the judge was bias to the prosecution. Amber didn’t stand a chance in that room.
The least & most she should have gotten was manslaughter.
Once again, the scales of justice are still unbalanced.
It will be appealed over and over and during that appeal process,

it will come out that the judge blocked 2 witnesses from giving testimony to the jury.

One of those witness being the Texas Ranger who was lead investigator of this case.

Testimony that could had swayed the jury in their verdict decision.

I streamed a good bit of the trial and it was obvious how the judge was bias to the prosecution. Originally Posted by ERWhyNot

That's what I've been saying all along about the judge being Black and the victim being Black,

but of course some folks want to play the race card

and said I am racist.
Very surprising to me because although I've stated that she has to do some real time, that stupid trigger happy bitch didn't murder that young man. That was the definition of voluntary manslaughter to me; but what the fuck do I know? I'm not a lawyer.

She should have just been convicted of being a fucking idiot with a 5-10 year sentence just because....
Very surprising to me because although I've stated that she has to do some real time, that stupid trigger happy bitch didn't murder that young man. That was the definition of voluntary manslaughter to me; but what the fuck do I know? I'm not a lawyer.

She should have just been convicted of being a fucking idiot with a 5-10 year sentence just because.... Originally Posted by Lucas McCain
Lucas is right. When this bullshit happens we have a prosecutor that gets an illegitimate win on his score card. The end result gives him more power to screw people and the public gets even more confused and brainwashed about the law. Of course she is responsible for his death. But in Texas we bundle these incidents into the category of murder. This jury got trick fucked or they can’t use their brains period. I don’t think the judge was biased because of race. I believe she was biased/pressured to not hammer the prosecutor for violating the gag order with the media.

Oh well. I’m sure the city is happy. Murder just saved them millions in wrongful death litigation.

She should have just been convicted of being a fucking idiot with a 5-10 year sentence just because.... Originally Posted by Lucas McCain
It was the definition of murder.

A person commits criminal homicide if he intentionally, knowingly, recklessly, or with criminal negligence causes the death of an individual.
This whole case wouldn't've gotten half the attention had the victim been white.And I agree with Lucas.. She should've gotten time for being a dumb ass..
Yep. The jury got "trick-fucked."
Somehow, they got them hung up on "intent." She intended to kill him.
So, she walked in, carrying her gear, texting her lover, all the while intending to shoot her neighbor that she had never met. (I never heard anything about the rumored noise complaints). I would have thought the prosecution would have brought that up if it had merit.
Complete bullshit. Not justice. Manslaughter yes. Murder no.
I knew she would be made an example of. We're in a different political climate right now.
The only question about the murder statute is if she “recklessly” killed him since she did not do it intentionally or knowingly. She should have known with a higher standard as a cop.

Was “reckless” even debated in this case?
It was the definition of murder.

A person commits criminal homicide if he intentionally, knowingly, recklessly, or with criminal negligence causes the death of an individual. Originally Posted by Ralph Fults
Sounds like voluntary manslaughter as well, but again, I'm not a lawyer. Are you?

Look, I'm not sticking up for that idiot but murder does seem to be a bit much... she has to do her time. Maybe they will settle in the middle after both sides play the appeal games with each other. All I know is that she has to do real time. She took an innocent life from a man in his own domicile. She has to pay for that. I don't care how fucking stupid she is - you do the crime, you do the time.
First degree murder 5 to 99 years or life (possibility of parole after at least 30 years)

She won't make 5 years or even 1 year.

Unless they isolate her including during meals and showers and yard time, which they won't do,

someone will get her.
Yes Amber needs to do time. My point is that this case is rotten and it speaks to just how incompetent and broken the judicial system is in Dallas County. I’m not defending Guyger but the prosecution was given impunity to violate the gag order. Fundamentally the prosecutor did not have a legitimate cause to use the indictment/charge of murder but did anyway.
They badgered her on the witness stand and made her said she wanted to enter the apartment and kill whoever was behind it.

That's what I heard and read unless I heard and read incorrectly.

Did her defense lawyers not raise an objection for badgering the witness and attempting to make her incriminate herself?