Get your Nerd on! (And I'll form... the head!)

So I'm making my usual Second Breakfast and I was thinking... goddamnit I'm a hobbit.

I'm Short, Round, kind of furry, and eating many many times per day.

FML.
Huh. This mousepad is for the ladies, I guess...

^^^^^
This just in for the people of Japan...
Ah board games. That hit my nerd spot. Anyone old enough to remember old board war games from Avalon Hill and SPI? Originally Posted by BatteriesNotIncluded
I remember Avalon Hill. I also remember those miniature boxed games from the late 70s/early 80s. It have 12 metal figures,rule booklet, and a map. They would have a fantasy,sci-fi,or WW2 theme. Good luck finding those on ebay.
HG Wells wrote the first rulebook on wargaming in the early 1900s.
I remember Avalon Hill. I also remember those miniature boxed games from the late 70s/early 80s. It have 12 metal figures,rule booklet, and a map. They would have a fantasy,sci-fi,or WW2 theme. Good luck finding those on ebay.
HG Wells wrote the first rulebook on wargaming in the early 1900s. Originally Posted by zerodahero
HG Wells... Oh you're good!

Yeah, I imagine there are far fewer these days. I still keep dozens in the unlikely event I ever have time, opponents and physical space to play War in Europe
Anyone who's an avid book reader will probably also enjoy this thread:

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=664729

I was reminded of it because I started rereading Lloyd Alexander's Chronicles of Prydain books last night, which I hadn't read since elementary school. Good times, good times!
I'll admit it - I went to the midnight showing of Phantom Menace and stood in line for a couple hours to get good seats.
I remember going to see Star Wars 20 times at the movie in 1977...and then there was a line from the front of the theater for what seemed a quarter of a mile to me waiting for Empire and then when I saw Return some people either paid or snuck in and sat in the aisles to watch it.....I went to the midnight showing of Phantom thinking this was going to be the most kick ass thing ever and then left bitterly disappointed. Other movies that i enjoyed enough to see multiple times at the theater were Raiders of the Lost Ark and the original Highlander.
Somewhat interesting article about Whedon talking about female superhero movies.

Trying to think of the two failed ones... I assume Supergirl and maybe Tank Girl...?

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=80918

They just need to do a Wonder Woman movie. She has the name recognition.
No.... Everyone will just bitch about however her costume is done or not done. Regardless.
No.... Everyone will just bitch about however her costume is done or not done. Regardless. Originally Posted by Dorian Gray
If she's wearing anything longer than briefs, it's wrong.
So...who has a D&D group going that I can join?
Originally Posted by zerodahero
Lmao!! My D&D "group" would require a time machine back almost 40 years. Though we could get tickets to Zeppelin and Floyd if we went