NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

I seriously doubt if they think he is the final piece. When they traded all those picks for Jones it left them with no depth and that's why they are picking 6th. They need to add that depth back to be a legitimate contender, not just one player. Originally Posted by BigLouie
Totally agree!
Apparently CBS Sports Jason La Canfora did not compare notes with the ultimate NFL Draft expert, our very own BL.

Shame on you Jason, before submitting your reports for release, you first need to attain approval from BL.

From this morning's Bleacher Report:

The Houston Texans have been consistently linked to trading down in recent weeks, as they’d rather add draft picks and secure more value for later in Bill O’Brien’s first draft. But for all teams who look to trade down in the draft, finding a suitor who will mortgage its future draft picks for a single player is much easier said than done.

That being said, the Falcons seem like a perfect match. The Falcons have experience in making major trade-ups on draft day, giving up four picks to secure Julio Jones in the 2011 draft. They also have two main needs, offensive tackle and defensive end, and moving up for the best prospect at end in the past 10 years seems like the ideal way to fix that need.

And after the Falcons met with Jadeveon Clowney this past week, according to CBS Sports’ Jason La Canfora, the persistent interest adds another layer to the Falcons' trade-up scenario coming true. While it’ll likely take the Falcons' first- and second-rounder this year and potentially a 2015 early-round pick, the Falcons could deem the trade worthy if they hope to get back into playoff contention. Originally Posted by bigtex
Will BL accept the NFLs offer to become their chief draft analyst? I'm curious to see what he looks like. Jiff maybe.
Damn I'll be glad when May 8th gets here
Will BL accept the NFLs offer to become their chief draft analyst? I'm curious to see what he looks like. Jiff maybe. Originally Posted by bambino
Rumor has it that Jiff is much better looking than BL, not to mention smarter!
Rumor has it that Jiff is better looking, not to mention smarter! Originally Posted by bigtex
That's what I'm thinkin. My wife loves Jiff.
That's what I'm thinkin. My wife loves Jiff. Originally Posted by bambino
I don't believe BL loves Jiff. His jealousy seems to have got the best of him!
Damn I'll be glad when May 8th gets here Originally Posted by DickEmDown
Ha ha, yeah, then we all can get on here and write miles of opinions as to which draft choices were good-which were disasters, but at least there will be no more of these predictions and guessing games!
As for first pick I still like Khalil Mack. He had as many sacks against Ohio State as Cliwney did all year. He flat out beat up their tackle Mewhort who will be a NFL starting tackle
As for first pick I still like Khalil Mack. He had as many sacks against Ohio State as Cliwney did all year. He flat out beat up their tackle Mewhort who will be a NFL starting tackle Originally Posted by BigLouie
I have said for several weeks that I am intrigued with using our first pick on KMack. The difference between BL and I would be that he apparently wants to use the #1 pick in the draft on KM. I would prefer to trade down and pick up extra picks and then use the highest obtained on him, if available.

Personally, I prefer to get more bang for the buck.

To each their own!
Big Louie and these little kid have the same mind set when it comes to making draft picks .
LOL
http://www.houstontexans.com/tv-medi...1-ae5d900730cb
Texans work out SS Jimmy Ward and Texas AM linebacker Nate Askew .
Nate Askew is intriguing , he has sub 4.5 in 40yrd and 38 inch vertical .
Plus very long arms 34 almost 35 inch arms and is 6'4" 244 lbs .
Nate Askew's Pro Day results
Texans workout Blake Annen TE ...blazing speed ( 4.41 in forty )for TE at 6'4" and 243lbs
It is not that I am against trading down I am realistic about the chances. As much as Atlanta wants too they just have too many needs and holes to fill to give up picks for the move. The Atlanta newspaper ran a poll with their readers if they should move up to take Clowney and 68% said NO.
The Atlanta newspaper ran a poll with their readers if they should move up to take Clowney and 68% said NO. Originally Posted by BigLouie
Yikes, I completely forgot what BL told me a couple of weeks ago.

It's members of "The Media" who will actually make the draft day decisions, not the teams.

I will try to remember "The Media's" tremendous level of influence over the teams in the future!
8 more days...8 more days...

Oh yeah, for all you Cowgirl Fans
image.jpg