NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

I think it will be Mack as he makes the most sense
I am still of the opinion the Texans would prefer to make a pre draft deal. If they were able to do so, I believe they would like to take KMack with their first selection and then the best qb available with their 2nd pick, which would be in either the mid to late first round or early second.

If there is no pre draft deal in place, Clowney would then make the most sense! The Texans would still have the flexibility to trade with another team a little later into the first round, using Clowney as trade bait. Under that scenario, the worst that could happen would be all of the players on the Texans wish list are selected early. If that would occur they would still have a guy (Clowney) considered by many to be the best athlete in the NFL draft for the past several years.

What's the downside?
Don't you guys think all the NFL teams know about Clowney's Anterior Ankle Impingement .
If a monger like me can see all the facts don't you think at least the Texans can also ?
I will have to agree with BL on one thing. If it has to be one or the other, I have a slight preference for JMack over Clowney. Only because I believe that JMack will be a better fit for Romeo's defense. But a strong case can be made either way!

If the Texans decide to select a QB with their first pick, I hope they look no further than College Station.

Less than 48 hours to go!
I would take Manziel over Clowney
I would take Manziel over Clowney Originally Posted by carkido45
I wouldn't, but I suspect that there are a lot of Texans fans (especially those who are Aggies) who would agree with you.

When does JFF run at the combine? Have they measured his cock yet? Originally Posted by Daddio
Apparently 'Sugar' Daddio was close to hopping on the JFF bandwagon but JFF must have failed the measurement test.

Now 'Sugar' Daddio is confused. He doesn't know who in the hell he wants!
You fuckers better get ready for Clowney, like it or not

Unless...there is one hell of a trade offer

Unless...there is one hell of a trade offer Originally Posted by DickEmDown
I'm obviously not opposed to Clowney! But I would prefer a trade down situation, especially if KMack later becomes part of the deal!

Unless...there is one hell of a trade offer Originally Posted by DickEmDown
Not going to happen. Texans to take Mack #1 with no trades. Mack is a BOB (Bill O'Brien) kinda guy. Clowney has issues. While Clowney has a great physical presence Mack is the better player. As a player Clowney has a lot of issues that Mack does not. BOB strikes me as the kinda guy who would take Mack and not give a shit about what anyone says. With Mack there is none of this talk of counting on JJ Watt to motivate him and make him play hard. You don't pick someone #1 if you need someone to motivate him.
Clowney will go number 1 live with it but I see the texans fucking up to
Please Tebow, let the draft get here quicker...
BT are you fucking retarded?? You say the same shit over and over and over. Just shut the fuck up you limp dick, no reviewing Schaub Gobbling, ass eating, cross eyed piece of fuck. BT = Rainman. 30 minutes to Wapner, then I can repeat myself again. Fuck man. Show some ingenuity or just STFU!!!!

Now, I would like to see the Texans trade down get Mack, then trade up to get JFF as he slips down the big board But this would require intelligence and balls, 2 things Rick fucking Smith does not have.
Can not wait to see the Friday morning posts - the day after the Draft! Should be entertaining. Speaking of entertaining, glad to see Daddio is in midseason form, lol!
Wow. Lance just put out his final draft and had the Texans taking the OT Robinson
Here's a breakdown of the Texans' picks:

Round 1, Pick 1 (1)
Round 2, Pick 1 (33)
Round 3, Pick 1 (65)
Round 4, Pick 1 (101)
Round 4, Pick 35 (135) [Compensatory]
Round 5, Pick 1 (141)
Round 6, Pick 1 (177)
Round 6, Pick 5 (181) [Acquired from Oakland Raiders for Matt Schaub]
Round 6, Pick 35 (211) [Compensatory]
Round 7, Pick 1 (216)
Round 7, Pick 41 (256) [Compensatory, "Mr. Irrelevant"]