Dallas Police Officer goes home to the wrong apartment, kills man inside !!

She’s going to get what she has coming. A prison sentence for killing an innocent man. The prosecutor got what he didn’t have coming which is huge win for overcharging her and violating the gag order. Dallas just tossed him the keys to indict any charge he wants and to say anything he wants with impunity. Bring down the next defendant!

I would have supported him on manslaughter. Now I don’t trust him or his greed and I have another reason not to trust Dallas County
WOW...This is a history making case.
Punishment

10 year probation
You can't get probation for murder.

She will get 5 years to life with possibility of parole after 30 years.

She can't get the death penalty because it wasn't Capital Murder.

They made an example out of her.

Now if a white cop shoots a black person, that cop will be made an example out of.

In recent cases, even when the black person was a suspect in a crime and he was armed and he was running from the police,

the police officer or officers who shot him were made example of.
I think court ordered conjugal visits with me and my eccie pals would be punishment enough.
I think court ordered conjugal visits with me and my eccie pals would be punishment enough. Originally Posted by Muffdiver69
I second that emotion!

I knew she would be made an example of. We're in a different political climate right now. Originally Posted by TheOracle
wasn't it last year that the first Texas cop in a decade was found guilty of murder? there was another after that, and now 3, even if Amber's case was a different set up. different environment is right.

I feel like she will win on appeal.. based on the facts of the case, it was not murder.

notice I said "feel" and not "think"? my thinking hasn't lined up on this case very well so far.

I will go with the 5 year prediction on sentencing.. throw her a bone.
Now she will definitely be a bulldyke just like I've said all along.

She will be some soul sisters' bottom bitch.
So is “Orange Is The New Black” still running? I would love to see Scarlet Johansen play Guyger’s character as Laura Prepon’s bitch. And of course with me having conjugal visits with both. Seriously Guyger’s story is perfect for this show

Now if a white cop shoots a black person, that cop will be made an example out of.

In recent cases, even when the black person was a suspect in a crime and he was armed and he was running from the police,

the police officer or officers who shot him were made example of. Originally Posted by CG2014
Incorrect
So many holes in this sham of a trial. The DA violated a gag order to conduct an interview and all he got was admonished? A butt chewing while someone is on trial for their life?
We had the Roy Oliver trial in 2018, guilty of murder, I thought it was deserved due to the circumstances. What has happened regarding this Arlington officer who shot at a dog in August and killed a homeless girl? I don't think they have ever released his name.
I'm completely for cops being held to a higher standard and facing charges for gunning down jaywalkers. It's got to be uniform justice.

the police officer or officers who shot him were made example of. Originally Posted by CG2014

Incorrect Originally Posted by Whenever

What part of that is incorrect?

It's not Capital Murder - CORRECT

She can't get the Death Penalty because it's not Capital Murder - CORRECT

She can't get Probation as punishment for murder - CORRECT

If she gets life she will have the possibility of Parole after serving at least 30 years - CORRECT

They made an example out of her because she is White, a Cop and the victim was Black - CORRECT
Punishment

10 year probation Originally Posted by Whenever
You can’t get probation on a murder conviction, I was very surprised with the murder conviction but, this was a case that if she was found not guilty, it would not have been good for our justice system and the city of Dallas. I believe that she went to what she thought was her apartment with the intent of killing whoever was in it, that is the definition of murder, her INTENT was to kill. I believe she should get a minimum of 30 years in prison but we will see. The city of Dallas made history today.
To add to my above post why it's not Capital Murder

and since only those convicted of Capital Murder in Texas can get the Death Penalty in Texas,

she will not get the death penalty during the punishment phase.

She didn't do any of these:

Under Texas statutes, a murder is capital if the offender:
  • Murders a public safety officer (police officer, fireman, or EMT/paramedic) who is acting in the lawful discharge of an official duty and who the person knows is a police officer or fireman. There is current bills purposed to add EMT/paramedics.
  • Intentionally commits the murder in the course of committing or attempting to commit aggravated kidnapping, burglary, robbery, aggravated sexual assault, arson, obstruction or retaliation, or terroristic threat
  • Commits the murder for remuneration or the promise of remuneration or employs another to commit the murder for remuneration or the promise of remuneration
  • Commits the murder while escaping or attempting to escape from a penal institution
  • Commits the murder, while incarcerated, of a person who is employed in the operation of the penal institution or with the intent to establish, maintain, or participate in a combination or in the profits of a combination
  • Commits the murder while incarcerated for murder; or while serving a sentence of life imprisonment or a term of 99 years for aggravated kidnapping, aggravated sexual assault or aggravated robbery
  • Murders more than one person during the same criminal transaction or during different criminal transactions but the murders are committed pursuant to the same scheme or course of conduct
  • Murders an individual under 15 years of age
  • Murders another person in retaliation for or on account of the service or status of the other person as a judge or justice of the supreme court, the court of criminal appeals, a court of appeals, a district court, a criminal district court, a constitutional county court, a statutory county court, a justice court, or a municipal court.
Very sad day all the way around. 2 educated, young professionals that never got to experience life or having kids...grands for their parents etc. Very sad. IMHO she didn't start her day out to intentionally kill her neighbor. Very sad. A case that law students will use in the future.
Also Texas only has 2 murder charges:

Capital Murder and Murder.

In some of the other States, they have Murder 1, Murder 2, Murder 3:

1st degree, 2nd degree, 3rd degree.

NOT in Texas.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder...s_law)#Degrees