Get your Nerd on! (And I'll form... the head!)

So...who has a D&D group going that I can join? Originally Posted by Wakeuр
Which edition? The last one I played in started & died back in December (it was a Pathfinder group).

I hate DMing though...
Doesn't matter...I'm not bringing a character...I'm creating a new one...so I can handle 2nd edition or 3.5 and above.
Doesn't matter...I'm not bringing a character...I'm creating a new one...so I can handle 2nd edition or 3.5 and above. Originally Posted by Wakeuр
Yeah I prefer starting new characters too. That way no one comes in with crap the DM is unawares of, etc.

Well if you find a GM, let us know - LV could be convinced to play too.

There are usually people posting ads at the store I normally go to, but I'm always wary of random people.
I would play that group
Somewhat interesting article about Whedon talking about female superhero movies.

Trying to think of the two failed ones... I assume Supergirl and maybe Tank Girl...?

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=80918

They just need to do a Wonder Woman movie. She has the name recognition. Originally Posted by Liliana Vess
Halle Berry as Catwoman, and the dreadful Elektra movie. It really crushes me to say that, given her affiliation with DD.
I bought this at the comic book store while I was still on ban. Finally got around to reading it. I graphic novels. Anybody who's familiar with the Dark Tower series, Roland, and the Man in Black will love this series by Marvel.

Which edition? The last one I played in started & died back in December (it was a Pathfinder group).

I hate DMing though... Originally Posted by jbravo_123
Always wanted to try Pathfinder, and Earthdawn.
Only D&D rules I have played was Advanced and Basic/Expert/Companion set.

Ever played Tunnels and Trolls?
Used to play the solitaire adventures.

Funny about DMing. Used to get stuck doing that when I played in a group long time ago. Didn't mind but I wanted to play a character.
Halle Berry as Catwoman, and the dreadful Elektra movie. It really crushes me to say that, given her affiliation with DD. Originally Posted by theCFE
Hah Elektra! At least Garner met her husband out of the DD movie

I bought this at the comic book store while I was still on ban. Finally got around to reading it. I graphic novels. Anybody who's familiar with the Dark Tower series, Roland, and the Man in Black will love this series by Marvel.

Originally Posted by Luxury Daphne
Oh yeah, I've heard really good things about the Dark Tower series in general, but never got around to reading it since I'm not super familiar with King's works and feel I wouldn't be getting the full experience out of the little easter eggs that are supposed to be in the series.

Always wanted to try Pathfinder, and Earthdawn.
Only D&D rules I have played was Advanced and Basic/Expert/Companion set.

Ever played Tunnels and Trolls?
Used to play the solitaire adventures.

Funny about DMing. Used to get stuck doing that when I played in a group long time ago. Didn't mind but I wanted to play a character. Originally Posted by zerodahero
In my brief experience with Pathfinder, I really enjoyed it and the rules updates. Pretty much, they took all the negative effects in 3.0/3.5 and removed them. Every class & race now just get bonuses, the base classes are all designed to be played through level 20, and undead aren't the most broken thing ever anymore (energy drain got nerfed, undead are crittable/stunnable now).
Whoa whoa whoa...undead can be critted and stunned??? Game breaker...
Whoa whoa whoa...undead can be critted and stunned??? Game breaker... Originally Posted by Wakeuр
Yeah and negative levels now give you a save every day to get rid of them. The Restoration spell removes all negative levels, even permanent ones too.
I play every other Thursday, but our campaign is almost over. Idk what we're doing after that
Yeah I prefer starting new characters too. That way no one comes in with crap the DM is unawares of, etc.

Well if you find a GM, let us know - LV could be convinced to play too.

There are usually people posting ads at the store I normally go to, but I'm always wary of random people. Originally Posted by jbravo_123
Can I get in on that?
Halle Berry as Catwoman, and the dreadful Elektra movie. It really crushes me to say that, given her affiliation with DD. Originally Posted by theCFE
Ok...so all of the female "superheroine" movies have failed. Sheesh. Add Barb Wire to the list too, forgot about it. That Catwoman movie made me want to stab something, so terrible. SO. TERRIBLE.

I still think WW would be a good choice, because even if people fight about what she is wearing, at least she is famous enough for people to KNOW what it should look like! Less famous ones...I think a Birds of Prey movie could work kind of Charlies Angels style, if they could get the Batgirl license. I also think Abbey Chase/Danger Girl would make a great popcorn action flick.

In my brief experience with Pathfinder, I really enjoyed it and the rules updates. Pretty much, they took all the negative effects in 3.0/3.5 and removed them. Every class & race now just get bonuses, the base classes are all designed to be played through level 20, and undead aren't the most broken thing ever anymore (energy drain got nerfed, undead are crittable/stunnable now). Originally Posted by jbravo_123
I liked Pathfinder quite a bit, too bad the campaign was killed after like 3 sessions WTF. I got to be a witch!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwYatpwrs8s

Anyone else care to share their thoughts on the scene at the 1:45 mark.
He's talking to Jor-El out in space. Not from the Fortress of Solitude. So do they change it so now olde Pa got Phantom Zoned. Is the Fortress an old Kryptonian ship he'll later ground on earth. The questions.... the questions...