NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

Go read what his college coach said about Bortles and what all the scouting reports said about him. Total project that would not be able to start right away. Originally Posted by BigLouie
Point really is, all of our opinions aside, no one is going to know for sure until games are played and time passes. His college coach must be some kind of hypocrite to make his money off the talents of this kid and then turn around and flame him! Let's also get real about all the 'experts' and their vaunted predictions - early in 2013 'they' picked the Texans as a Super Bowl contender!
ps: DED, your ability to extract trivial but interesting facts is really amazing - pointing out a few pages back that JFF, Quinn and Weeden, all were the 22nd picks and all play QB for the Browns (or hope to)! Originally Posted by Solemate62
Hahahahahahahahahaha

Yeah! Well done DED! Amazing stat to pull out of nowhere. I wonder where you ever come up with these things!

(Dude...they said it on the draft show three times)
Today is the day I expect the Texans to trade around. Good opportunities. As for QB I see Tom Savage or Jimmy G. I do not see them taking on in second. I think Cleveland is doing an excellent job of trading around. The Rams have really cleaned up with all the picks from RG3.
Hahahahahahahahahaha

Yeah! Well done DED! Amazing stat to pull out of nowhere. I wonder where you ever come up with these things!

(Dude...they said it on the draft show three times) Originally Posted by Wakeuр
Yeah, well this Dude was at work from 3 to 11, and they take exception to me watching TV the whole night!
You don't know dick about dick. Bortles will be a winner. Originally Posted by bambino
He might be on his 2nd NFL team. Right now he's not going to be any more than a tackling dummy.
I turned off the TV around 10pm fully expecting Bridgewater to be available for us today.
The guys on 610 this morning said that the Texans had an opportunity to trade back into the 1st rd with the 33rd pick and a 4th rd. pick when JFF was still on the board and 33rd + a 5th rd. pick when TB was still on the board.
Looks like they don't think there is that much value in either of those guys. The remaining (2nd tier) QB's are all about the same value. I'll be surprised if we take a QB with 33. However, there are still several teams that need QBs; Tampa, Chicago, Tennessee, Minnesota but they will all be looking for a deal on the second tier guys. If one goes early in the second then look for them all to start coming off the board as teams start seeing their choices dwindle. If no one goes early some of those guys like McCarron and Garroppalo could fall to the third. At some point we need to pick up an OL and CB. A big NT is needed as well.
Some people are speculating that AJ doesn't want to go through another rebuild and may have held out from this weeks drills in an attempt to force a trade. Don't you know Peyton Manning would love to have him!
Another Carr as a Texan??? I just threw up in mouth a little!!!!
I wouldnt mind derrick carr. He looks like a better qb than his brother, and his brother might have been effective if he hadnt eaten more turf than a mountain goat.
I'm not especially excited about Carr. Not because of his brother but because he operated out of the pistol and shotgun in an inferior conference. The speed of the game will be something he has to get used to. On the up side he does have good arm strength and accuracy on short and intermediate passes and can move in the pocket.

I'm thankful that people that know both me and my brother aren't so short sighted that they consider me to be the same type of person as him.
Although everyone is putting on the happy face I do not believe Clowney is who the Texans wanted. They were trying to trade out up to the last minute. Then word comes out that BOB told Clowney he was going to basically ride his ass tells me there is real concern on his work attitude. And based on what BOB said about the QBs in this draft I don't think they are in any hurry to draft one. I do not expect them to take on in the second round. I look for them to trade out of the 33 spot and fill other positions.
  • Satin
  • 05-09-2014, 11:58 AM
BM, you just took the words out of my mouth as far as concerns about Carr. Exactly my thoughts.

There was a guy on sports 610 talking about AJ. I agree with him too. I wish the Texans would take him, but my gut tells me they won't. I know they have a plan that most of us don't understand, but I'll be glad to finally know what it is so I can decide what to do about these tickets.
Another carr on the way grab your nuts an pray it doesn't happen Originally Posted by jstone420

BM, you just took the words out of my mouth as far as concerns about Carr. Exactly my thoughts.

There was a guy on sports 610 talking about AJ. I agree with him too. I wish the Texans would take him, but my gut tells me they won't. I know they have a plan that most of us don't understand, but I'll be glad to finally know what it is so I can decide what to do about these tickets. Originally Posted by Satin
If the Texans aren't sold on Carr I don't believe they go QB with the first pick in the 2nd round. I wouldn't be surprised for them to go defense again, possibly Louis Nix to plug up the middle of the Defensive Line. Yowza!

If they go defense early in round 2, either AJ, Garropalo, or Savage should be available for their next selection.
I see trade in second and then defense pick and then QB in third.
Originally Posted by ultraphobic71
Lmao!....BELIEVE!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8HpMdzM9Gs