NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

I can't help you dont know football that dude is trash what a waste of a draft pick
Didn't you call Savage a quiter? Now you like him. I had an inkling BOB liked him. He played behind a terrible OL at Pitt. He was spitting blood one game but wouldn't come out. He's a big, tough kid with a cannon. Wouldn't suprise me if he ends up starting sometime soon. Texans had a really good draft. Indy didn't improve much. They might be back in the playoffs next year. Originally Posted by bambino
I can't recall any of our posters suggesting that Savage would be on the Texans radar screen before Bambino. Credit given where credit is due! I personally would have thought they would have taken AJ or Mettenberger before Savage but as I have said previously, the NFL Draft will always be an inexact science.

I am not much for 2nd guessing after the results are finally in. As far as I am concerned, you make the best decision at the time and live with the results. If it makes the Monday Morning Quarterbacks (you know who you are) feel better to howl at the moon, then go for it.

In any event, I am glad Savage is now a Texan. I hope he will be very successful.
I hope these two along with other the un-drafted free agent '
Max Bullough ILB Michigan State
Nathan Slaughter WR / KR / PR . 5'9" 189 lbs 4.34 in the forty a 44 inch vertical and a 11'2" broad jump
Over-all this was probably Rick Smith's best draft which leads me to believe some of the questionable picks in the past were on Kubiak. Our first four picks should be day 1 starters. Tom Savage is a great value pick.

As expected there were no trade out of the first spot. The only time it has happened in the last 30 years was with elite players like Eli Manning and Michael Vick. But it might happen next year if the team picking first does not need a QB and the kid from Oregon has a stellar season.

In reading all the various web pages and draft boards I have to say that Tania Ganguli who covers Texans on ESPN is terrible.

As much as people like Blake Bortels Jacksonville is going to be in a tough spot. They will be under pressure to start him right away when everyone that has ever worked with him says that he is very raw and needs at least 2 years of work before he is ready to start.

Johnny Manziel landed in the great spot. He excited a morbid team. The team phones have not stopped ringing since they drafted him. Fans there now have hope. It is going to be interesting to see what happens there.
I can't help you dont know football that dude is trash what a waste of a draft pick Originally Posted by jstone420
I played football at a pretty high level and forgot more about it than you profess to know. I saw TB play, didn't think he would go high in the draft. I've seen Savage play, and I thought he would be a guy that BOB would pick. I said Bortles would be the first QB picked. I was right on all those.

BTW, anybody see Sam kissing his fairy BF when he got the call? Fucking disgusting. St Loius picked up Jiff, the ultra premium Polmeranian. He's going to room with Sam.

Fuckin Fags
  • Satin
  • 05-11-2014, 10:56 AM
I have to admit during the process I wasn't overly thrilled with some of the Texan's picks. But I gotta echo and agree with what BT said and accept the process. The reality is these guys get paid a LOT of money to interview and scrutinize these guys and their future depends on it. So although I don't totally agree or understand, I have to give them the benefit of the doubt about who they selected. Their main goal is to obviously pick players to make the team better and ultimately try to win a championship. I hope they made the right picks to head in that direction.

I think we still have holes that need to be addressed. But I know it's a process and you gotta be patient. I'm just a casual fan who wants to see our team become a winner and not the laughing stock of the league like we were last year. I just hope this draft is the first step in that direction.....
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EsiCBJaMbac
Did we really need to see this? C'mon man.
That's sick but anyways the texans defense will carry them for most of the season
I played football at a pretty high level and forgot more about it than you profess to know. I saw TB play, didn't think he would go high in the draft. I've seen Savage play, and I thought he would be a guy that BOB would pick. I said Bortles would be the first QB picked. I was right on all those.

BTW, anybody see Sam kissing his fairy BF when he got the call? Fucking disgusting. St Loius picked up Jiff, the ultra premium Polmeranian. He's going to room with Sam.

Fuckin Fags Originally Posted by bambino
Gotta concur with all you said about FOOTBALL and Savage but you really could have and should have (IMHO) stopped right there without getting into the Sam thing and throwing out the 'fag' expletive! If that man makes the final all cut, great for him.....and kudos to the Rams for giving him a chance!
Gotta concur with all you said about FOOTBALL and Savage but you really could have and should have (IMHO) stopped right there without getting into the Sam thing and throwing out the 'fag' expletive! If that man makes the final all cut, great for him.....and kudos to the Rams for giving him a chance! Originally Posted by Solemate62
Get over it. I'm sure the Rams organization wasn't too happy with that display. I'm sure the Rams players will say the PC stuff, but they're shaking their heads after seeing that. It is what it is. At least Sam looks like the top guy in that relationship.
I agree bam. NFL front offices don't want distractions. They put themselves in a predictable situation that if this guy doesn't pan out there's going to be a lot of backlash when he's cut. And he'll eventually be cut, just like 95% of the players in the league.

Also, sports networks don't like people changing the channel which is what happened when Sam and whoever that other gay was licked cake off each other's face. What was hilarious was both NFL Networks and ESPN were giving the teams cover for about an hour in case Sam wasn't drafted and when he was drafted and they showed him kissing his bro they sat their dumbfounded.
I remember my first time in San Fran, saw a couple kiss at the airport, I was shook for about a second..... that kiss yesterday got me that same feeling.

Whatever though, if they were bitches I wouldn't be complaining lol
If it was Bree Olson and Sasha Gray you would not be complaining
If it was Bree Olson and Sasha Gray you would not be complaining Originally Posted by BigLouie
No I wouldn't, but young kids were watching it. My wife saw it and was grossed out. They guy announced he was gay. BFD, he's not the first gay in the NFL. Jerry Smith played in the 70s.That display was classless and disgusting.
I change the channel Everytime I see Sam and BT on television. Espn listen up, real men don't watch that shit!! Come on BT keep your stuff private and quit trying to make dopey jealous and run back to your black hole after he gets beat out by little bro Carr.