NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

The examples you are giving are people already past the 10,000 hour mark and established as elite. And just about everyone in sports excepts the 10,000 hour rule. Do some research Originally Posted by BigLouie
Well, Savage was a QB protege since he was 8yrs old. He's had tons of coaching, practice and reps. He will be working with one of the top QB coaches in the business. He'll be fine. But I do agree with you on VY. He's done.
"Mike Pettine said it very well ‘Johnny, right now you’re our backup quarterback and you need to act like such,'" Haslam told Cleveland.com. "We were very frank with him on Friday that that’s the expectation. ‘You’re the backup quarterback. This is a hard-working, blue-collar town. This isn’t Hollywood. We want you to come in here, work hard and work as hard as anybody on the team. He’s not the starter. Brian Hoyer is our starting quarterback. Johnny is the backup. They’ll compete. If Johnny wins the job, fine. If not, Brian will be the quarterback. That’s the way it is and that’s the way it’s been expressed to him. I think you’ll see Johnny perform that way. Johnny wants to win games."
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...150831725.html
Vince Young! Give me a break. Look at all the teams that have released him. He is totally finished Originally Posted by BigLouie
Dre just did an interview with CSN today, sounds like he wants to bounce, I don't blame him. Wonder if VY would convince him to stay, even if he's a 3rd or 4th stringer.

I love Watt, but if Dre leaves the team, I might be done with them too. This team has very little appeal to me emotionally if he's gone.
Caught the tail end of the radio. Can someone explain to me what'going on with Dre ???
He knows we are rebuilding with no long term QB and is annoyed.
He doesn't want to be here dre is tired of losing
  • Satin
  • 05-13-2014, 06:09 PM
I can see both sides of the situation.

On one side, you can say STFU Dre and play ball and honor your multi-million dollar contract....

The other side sympathizes with him being with the team for 12 seasons and having to end his career with this rebuilding BS we're getting ready to go through for the next 2 years or so....
I can see both sides of the situation.

On one side, you can say STFU Dre and play ball and honor your multi-million dollar contract....

The other side sympathizes with him being with the team for 12 seasons and having to end his career with this rebuilding BS we're getting ready to go through for the next 2 years or so.... Originally Posted by Satin
Who the fuck is Dre? On first blush, he should STFU and play. Yes/no?
Andre Johnson, you douche.
He disappears for the majority of games unless Case Keenum is the QB.

Who the fuck is Dre? On first blush, he should STFU and play. Yes/no? Originally Posted by bambino
Who the fuck is Dre? On first blush, he should STFU and play. Yes/no? Originally Posted by bambino
Go back to the 'Burg Andre Johnson and he should be able to speak his mind, he certainly earned it. I can feel for him. Every since he got he has been the best receiver in the AFC BAR NONE. His only equals are Calvin Johnson and Larry Fitz in the NFC. He had to put up with McNair accepting terrible coaching and terrible drafts and sorry ass teams. Kubiak should have been canned when the team dropped to 6-10. I thought Rick Smith was a crappy GM but after this draft I suspect Kubiak had way too much to say on the crappy players the team drafted. I suspect it was ALL on Kubiak for taking Kareem Jackson who is total crap instead of Devin McCourty whom everyone expected us to take. Devin McCourty has made the Pro-Bowl every year while Jackson has been a laughing stock. I suspect that pick was all Kubiak.

After watching all these shit picks and not having plans to get an elite QB I think that Andre just about had enough. He could see that our QBs are crap that it is going to take at least a couple of years to find out if Savage is going to be any good. And DO NOT give me any crap about VY helping the team. When he got his chance with the Eagles he was god awful. Case was given 10 games to show his stuff and he couldn't win anything. I do not blame Andre one bit for wanting out. If Bob McNair had any sense of decency he would take Andre to a contender and let him get his chance at a ring. Hell trade him to New England for Mullet , errr Mallet that everyone wants.

Bob McNair should be ashamed of himself for what he has put Andre through.
Andre Johnson, you douche.
He disappears for the majority of games unless Case Keenum is the QB. Originally Posted by dynamitekid
Another A-hole from the 'Burg. Post on your own board. Andre never had the touchdown catches he should have because of Kubiak's play calling and because Matt could not throw a fade pass to save his life. When Case starts and starts throwing passes to him in the red zone I am surprised Andre did not go over and punch out both Schaub and Kubiak. In all the years of Schaub he only threw 21 or so TD passes to Andre, when Case came in he threw 5 in 2 games. WTF.
Fuck that!! I say Dre needs to STFU and like the godfather tells Johnny Fontane, "you can act like a man"!!!! Lead this team and go make some Mfing plays. We are in a very winnable division. We pissed away several games last year because everybody knew the menu better than Kuntiak and our QB was a total pussyfart. I would have his old ass running some man eaters when he decides to come collect his fucking millions. Maybe even put him in a meat grinder with JJ and Clowney for a while too. Knock some fucking sense into him. B'OB just might do this. He doesn't seem to fuck around.
Exaaaactly! Yes Schaub sucks and Kubiak sucks... but you know AJ was dogging it sometimes last year.

I actually kinda respect him because he's been so low-key through most of his career. But there is still talent on the Texans that is comparable to the shitty Colts team that won the division last year. He needs to take the lead in getting their mind right to take advantage of that talent.

Look at it this way...he will probably end up playing with the second best QB in that division!

With all that said...I know how pro sports works and I imagine he'll end up on the Eagles or someone like that. Making 25 catches a year and chasing a trophy.

Fuck that!! I say Dre needs to STFU and like the godfather tells Johnny Fontane, "you can act like a man"!!!! Lead this team and go make some Mfing plays. We are in a very winnable division. We pissed away several games last year because everybody knew the menu better than Kuntiak and our QB was a total pussyfart. I would have his old ass running some man eaters when he decides to come collect his fucking millions. Maybe even put him in a meat grinder with JJ and Clowney for a while too. Knock some fucking sense into him. B'OB just might do this. He doesn't seem to fuck around. Originally Posted by Daddio
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...e-wants-return

HOUSTON -- Andre Johnson, who holds virtually every receiving record for the Houston Texans, isn't sure he wants to remain with the organization.
"When you've been somewhere for a long time, nobody's been here as long as I have," Johnson said after presenting a check to the Houston Area Women's Center on Tuesday. "I've been thinking about things this offseason. Kind of wonder if this is still the place for me."

Johnson said he has no plans right now to participate in organized team activities or the Texans' mandatory minicamp in June. He added that he has not asked for a trade.

Johnson, selected by the Texans in the first round of the 2003 draft, is the franchise's all-time leading receiver with 927 receptions for 12,661 yards and 61 touchdowns in 11 seasons.

Despite catching 109 passes for 1,407 yards and five TDs last season, Johnson still endured his share of frustration in the Texans' abysmal 2-14 campaign. Against the Oakland Raiders on Nov. 17, Johnson reached a boiling point, walking off the field in the fourth quarter after an on-field spat with now former Texans quarterback Matt Schaub.

Johnson, 32, will have a new coach this season after the Texans fired Gary Kubiak in December and hired Bill O'Brien in January.

"Now I'm on my third head coach, that's something I give thought to," Johnson said. "I just look over my career, is it a place? I've only been to the playoffs twice. I think we've only had three winning seasons, two 8-8 seasons. I don't think any player wants to experience that.

"... You go through a rebuilding process, some people say it's not rebuilding, some people say it's a quick fix. Everybody has their own opinion. But I've been through this more than once. When I make my decision, I'll make my decision."

Odds that he just might straight up retire?
  • Satin
  • 05-13-2014, 11:45 PM
No way he retires...too much cash on the table. He is more pissed about the QB situation and I get that. We have 4 QB's but none look very promising. Don't know much about Savage, but I doubt if he's a franchise QB. Dre knows he only has a couple years or so left. Players are ultimately judged by rings, and he has NO chance to get a ring with the Texans. He's basically fucked.

If he does miss camp, then he has officially served notice....